Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

The Lubitel arrived today (along with a roll of Ektar and lens hood/filter ring!). Thanks Sauer! Since I'm new to this style of camera, is it okay to leave the window uncovered when not advancing the roll? I figure since the backing paper is blacked out that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Glad to hear it all got there okay. It's best to only open the window when winding and close it after. Try not to expose it to direct light when open. No guarantee of the backing paper being opaque to direct sunlight. The red filter won't help you in TYOL 2019 as modern film are sensitive to red light.

The Lubitel has no double exposure protection so don't forget to wind on unless a double exposure is your goal.

That ring is a step up to 49mm. Very common and affordable filter size.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Sauer posted:

Glad to hear it all got there okay. It's best to only open the window when winding and close it after. Try not to expose it to direct light when open. No guarantee of the backing paper being opaque to direct sunlight. The red filter won't help you in TYOL 2019 as modern film are sensitive to red light.

The Lubitel has no double exposure protection so don't forget to wind on unless a double exposure is your goal.

That ring is a step up to 49mm. Very common and affordable filter size.

Good to know! I appreciate the 49mm step up ring as I have a bunch of filters for my pentax SLR lenses so I can swap them around!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Yashica just showed up and looks great! Another happy customer

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Excellent. Now it is up to you to outdo my terrible photos with it.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Bought this last year, ran a few rolls of film through it (enjoyed it) but I really don't have great places to develop said film without driving for an hour each way. Soooo.

Rolleiflex T Medium Format TLR 3.5 Zeiss Tessar w/ case (one side of the strap is broken off the case)

As stated I shot several rolls and it functions well, I do not know the service history on this but I had no problems using it.

I probably overpaid for it ($425) but it looks like on eBay these go from $400 to $900 so what's it worth to you?

OJ.SImpson
Jan 20, 2001

Have a couple NIKON MOUNT 85mm I can part with.

NIKON 85 mm 1.4 D

Includes HN-31 Screw-on metal hood.

$450 SHIPPED to lower 48 USA

SOLD

ZEISS 85mm 1.4 ZF

This one is manual focus only

$400 SHIPPED to lower 48 USA

OJ.SImpson fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 13, 2019

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Holyshit I still have way too many cameras I never use anymore and if someone doesn't want them I'm going to have to turn them into lamps or something. These all work aside from issues noted below and they've all been used for taking terrible photos in the real world so they're not pristine but not beat to poo poo either; they're full of character :heysexy:. Click on the name of the camera to see more pictures. I'll ship these to anywhere willing to pay Canada Post's absurd shipping cost for a tracked package (all the cameras I've sent to the USA recently were around $20 USD in shipping).

Canon Canonet QL 17

Sold to k-zed.

Yashica Electro GS

Also a pretty good camera. This is the version with a cold shoe instead of a hot shoe. It only offers automatic aperture priority shooting. No manual modes aside from bulb and a flash sync setting (why a leaf shutter would have a flash sync setting I don't know).

What's good
  • It has been serviced. The infamous "Pad of Death" has been replaced with a urethane pad that will never degrade (unless you poor sulfuric acid into your camera for some reason). New seals. Lens had internal oil spatter cleaned. Battery leaked and ate away the conducting wires. They have been replaced. Rangefinder adjusted.
  • The lens is also quite good (shot two days ago).
  • Comes with cap, aftermarket lens hood, homemade battery adapter, spare 4LR44 batteries, Tiffen #8 Yellow and Tiffen #25 Red filters.

What isn't good
  • It is not compact at all. Its huge honestly.
  • You might see some green crud in some nooks and crannies. Its not corrosion, its chalk. Got a very thorough cleaning but I didn't take it apart to get under the shutter lock or flash mount.

Price: $90 CAD

Olympus OM-1n

I think we're all familiar with this camera. I do like it quite a bit but it is completely redundant to me given my small herd of Pentax MX I own a lot of glass for. The viewfinder is superior to the MX and probably the best viewfinder I've ever used as a glasses wearer.

What's good
  • It has not been service but it is in mechanically excellent condition. Shutter speeds are bang on. Shutter has a satisfying snap to it. Frame spacing is consistent and winding smooth. Does have new seals and cleaned.
  • Prism foam has been removed, so it will not suffer prism rot from degrading foam.
  • These images were shot with it two days ago. I have no complaints about the performance of the lens. It has the usual age related crud in it. Doesn't effect performance but its there. Focus is really nice smooth.
  • Comes with original cap and aftermarket lens hood. The person who sold it to me also included an OM-10 shutter speed dial attachment for some reason; its yours if you happen to have an OM-10 and want it.

What isn't good
  • The light meter powers on but its completely out of wack regardless of battery voltage. Never bothered to get it fixed since a Sekonic Flashmate lives in my jacket pocket.
  • The flash attachment is cracked. I don't know what happened to it but the lack of any dents on the body lead me to believe it didn't happen while attached. Its been poorly repaired. I've never put a flash on it and usually remove it when using the camera as its honestly pretty ugly. These are cheap if you ever want another.

Price: $125 CAD

PM me or email at dereksauer.ca@gmail.com

I've got a Spotmatic F with a bunch of glass, a Nikon FE2 with a bunch of glass and a Nikon F90 body coming up in the future.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 8, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
EDIT: NVM

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 8, 2019

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib

I'm interested in the QL 17. (I'm in Europe - I hope that's not a problem. I'm willing to pay for shipping, of course.)

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
PM'd you.

Edit: k-zed has bought the Canonet and it will be on its way to him in a few hours. Thanks bro.

Edit Again: It is now on its way and k-zed has been provided the tracking information. Have fun.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 8, 2019

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Parting ways with my gently used Panasonic 100-300 Mk II :

If you have a body that will do dual IS this thing is insane to hand hold at 300 and get crispy shots.

Looking to get $430 shipped, I purchased it locally from an authorized dealer.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

I’ve got a great condition A7R (original) I should probably send down the road, if anyone thinks they might be interested I can post pics/details, otherwise I’ll probably slap it on eBay tomorrow.

Went for $725 shipped. I thought it'd break $800 and I still stand by that and blame my eBay account that hasn't sold or bought anything since 2014.

But now the question is, do I sell the A7R III and buy a IV or stand pat.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Went for $725 shipped. I thought it'd break $800 and I still stand by that and blame my eBay account that hasn't sold or bought anything since 2014.

But now the question is, do I sell the A7R III and buy a IV or stand pat.

Really a topic for the mirrorless thread but unless you need the weather sealing improvements I’d say no.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
There's an old rear end kodak instamatic on my local buy/sell group. I kind of want just for its looks, but are these things any good?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
No.
It was basically a point and shoot. It uses 126 film which you can't get any more (if you want to gently caress with it though and you have an empty 126 cartridge, you can load that with 135 film).

It has a very limited set of shutter speeds, so you are mostly going to be limited to outdoor daylight shooting and a lovely lens.

If you want it for a shelf ornament, then go for it. It probably doesn't work anyway so don't overpay for it. If you want an actual film camera to play with, then I'd suggest leaving it in the thrift shop and waiting for a cheap 135 camera to come through instead.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Helen Highwater posted:

No.
It was basically a point and shoot. It uses 126 film which you can't get any more (if you want to gently caress with it though and you have an empty 126 cartridge, you can load that with 135 film).

It has a very limited set of shutter speeds, so you are mostly going to be limited to outdoor daylight shooting and a lovely lens.

If you want it for a shelf ornament, then go for it. It probably doesn't work anyway so don't overpay for it. If you want an actual film camera to play with, then I'd suggest leaving it in the thrift shop and waiting for a cheap 135 camera to come through instead.

Oof, that bites. Thanks for the info.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Really a topic for the mirrorless thread but unless you need the weather sealing improvements I’d say no.

I was just letting the people that expressed interest in the A7 know what it sold for and letting people know the III will probably be for sale because I will probably buy a IV because I definitely have OCD.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

I was just letting the people that expressed interest in the A7 know what it sold for and letting people know the III will probably be for sale because I will probably buy a IV because I definitely have OCD.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like "take this elsewhere", was not my intention.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No worries, I didn't make myself clear

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
k-zed got his Canonet today and seems pretty happy with it. I've still got the Yashica Electro and Olympus OM-1n available for a little while before I toss them up on the big auction swamp. They both work great (aside from the OM-1's wonky meter) and are looking for nerds that will use them instead of sitting in my drawer. Prices are in Canadian so you're not even paying with real money.

tngffl
May 6, 2008
Repost of a previous item I had listed. Long story short, selling my a6300 and everything I have with it. I have come to the realization that photography isn't for me. This is all basically brand new with very few photos taken with the camera.

This is the camera bundle with the 18-135mm lens

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-alpha-a6300-mirrorless-camera-with-e-18-135mm-f-3-5-5-6-oss-lens-black/6230032.p?skuId=6230032

Also included is the 35mm lens:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SEL35F18-35mm-Prime-Fixed/dp/B0096W1P5W

It includes the Sony bag that came with the bundle as well as this LowePro Bag
https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Slingshot-Edge-150-Protective/dp/B013MC8G62

Also comes with this strap:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781RYKTW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also includes this charging dock and 3 batteries
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JG54F3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It also comes with a 128GB samsung evo microsd card

Looking for $900 Shipped OBO

Also posted in SA Mart but figured would throw here as well.

Thanks!
PayPal: TNGFFL@GMAIL.COM

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Godox XPro flash trigger for Fuji.

Looking to get $50 shipped.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe
Is this X100F with some accessories for $875 a decent deal? Just looking to get back into picture taking and figured the X100 would be a good start. Would waiting for Black Friday deals be a better idea? I looked over the past few pages and didn't see any listed here.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

fknlo posted:

Is this X100F with some accessories for $875 a decent deal? Just looking to get back into picture taking and figured the X100 would be a good start. Would waiting for Black Friday deals be a better idea? I looked over the past few pages and didn't see any listed here.

I think you can maybe do better. The accessories are about $75-80 new. Add in the "it's Craigslist so probably stolen" tax, and I wouldn't buy. The x100f itself goes for $700-800 on eBay, and you can buy one from LensAuthority for $730 with a warranty, and return policy.

That was a long way of saying "no, don't".

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe

XBenedict posted:

I think you can maybe do better. The accessories are about $75-80 new. Add in the "it's Craigslist so probably stolen" tax, and I wouldn't buy. The x100f itself goes for $700-800 on eBay, and you can buy one from LensAuthority for $730 with a warranty, and return policy.

That was a long way of saying "no, don't".

Awesome, and thanks! I'm assuming any Black Friday deals will only get within a couple hundred bucks of used ones at most?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
I'd consider one of the x100 previous models. The improvements aren't day and night, and if you aren't 100% sure you need the updated features it could be a good way to get started. And you can save the money for whatever future model comes out, or a interchangeable lens camera.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe

Fools Infinite posted:

I'd consider one of the x100 previous models. The improvements aren't day and night, and if you aren't 100% sure you need the updated features it could be a good way to get started. And you can save the money for whatever future model comes out, or a interchangeable lens camera.

I still have my X-T1 and a few lenses sitting around somewhere. I've just kind of always wanted an X100 and figured now would be a good time to grab one. I'll have to look at the T and S versions as well. Is either of those clearly better than the other?

e: some quick googling makes the T look like the best of the older options.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 26, 2019

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

fknlo posted:

I still have my X-T1 and a few lenses sitting around somewhere. I've just kind of always wanted an X100 and figured now would be a good time to grab one. I'll have to look at the T and S versions as well. Is either of those clearly better than the other?

e: some quick googling makes the T look like the best of the older options.

Or if you want to stick to a fixed lens, perhaps the Fuji X70 would be a good option too. It’s a bit wider at equivalent 28mm instead of 35mm, but it’s more compact and is a lot less expensive on the used market. I carry one in my bag every day. There’s no viewfinder, but it’s never bothered me.

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006
Get the X100T, the trick viewfinder alone is awesome to behold. I still have my OG X100 for backpacking trips and it's a great form factor.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe
Has anyone here bought stuff off the photomarket subreddit? They seem to have the best prices I've seen on x100t's by far.

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

fknlo posted:

Has anyone here bought stuff off the photomarket subreddit? They seem to have the best prices I've seen on x100t's by far.

I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on there with no issues. The way to avoid getting scammed is insist on PayPal Goods & Services only and just pay the 3% fee.

Venmo, cashapp, PayPal F&F, etc, you have ZERO recourse. No way to request a refund, no way to hold them accountable if they never ship the product. Your money is gone and there's nothing you can do about it. Avoid this and you're good.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Same, bought some stuff there with no issue. Don't ever do Venmo or Paypal f&f.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The x100f is absolutely worth getting over the T though because it has a joystick and the Classic Chrome film sim, plus an extra programmable control wheel.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The x100f is absolutely worth getting over the T though because it has a joystick and the Classic Chrome film sim, plus an extra programmable control wheel.

The joystick is worth it alone. It’s one of those things that I realize I needed all along, like flippy screens, and the x100f is as close to perfection as it gets.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

red19fire posted:

The joystick is worth it alone. It’s one of those things that I realize I needed all along, like flippy screens, and the x100f is as close to perfection as it gets.

Yet the X100F has no flippy screen.... :thunk:

Graniteman
Nov 16, 2002

I'm selling a few Fuji x-mount lenses. Prices include shipping UPS ground in the continental US.
SOLD Fujinon 35mm F/1.4 R, $400
SOLD Fujinon 35mm F/2 R WR, $270
SOLD Fujinon 27mm F/2.8, $140
They are in great shape because I never use them. I realized I only ever shoot 23mm and 56mm, so I may as well not hang on to these.

I'm also selling an extra Canon flash.
Canon 430EX II. $50

Graniteman fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 18, 2019

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Graniteman posted:

I'm selling a few Fuji x-mount lenses. Prices include shipping UPS ground in the continental US.
Fujinon 35mm F/1.4 R, $400
Fujinon 35mm F/2 R WR, $270
Fujinon 27mm F/2.8, $140
They are in great shape because I never use them. I realized I only ever shoot 23mm and 56mm, so I may as well not hang on to these.

I'm also selling an extra Canon flash.
Canon 430EX II. $50

PMed for the 35 1.4. Take my money.

Graniteman
Nov 16, 2002

XBenedict posted:

PMed for the 35 1.4. Take my money.

Thanks! Paypal info sent by PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006