Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Working class people don't eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
<zizek>
Every form of sustenance can be both posh and proletarian. It is only when viewed through the lens of class consciousness that we may determine our tendency
Bread cheese and meat: Maccy D's quarter pounder or an artisanal charcuterie platter.
Port and blue cheese: posh. Port and blue WKD: Cheeky vimto.
We must cast all these aside and instead feast on morsels plucked from the garbage can of ideology.
</zizek>

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Enjoying the mental sound of zizek saying "artisanal charcuterie" "maccy d's" and "cheeky vimto"

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

OwlFancier posted:

Enjoying the mental sound of zizek saying "artisanal charcuterie" "maccy d's" and "cheeky vimto"

Glad I'm not the only one. Zizek voice is my go to when reading long winded posts on these here forums

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Unless you're eating cold beans from a tin you're not displaying sufficient class consciousness, but if you own your own house and eat cold beans from a tin it's cultural appropriation.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
CHEYADDAR CHEESE AND PINE-APPLE ON A STICK :mad:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

This is sounding like my birthday parties when I was a kid. I hope there is jelly and ice-cream too.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

crispix posted:

CHEDDAR CHEESE AND PINE-APPLE ON A STICK :mad:

Exhibit A on "crimes against humanity". Hawaiian Pizza is Exhibit B.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Look there’s nothing posh about my top hat and monocle

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

marktheando posted:

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm middle class too. It's just pretty funny when this thread becomes a self parody and starts talking about cheese and wine nights or burning £50 notes in front of homeless people or whatever it is you people get up to in your free time.
If having a cheese plate after pudding at Christmas dinner is extremely middle class then where does nan bringing a trifle fall?

Is that bourgeois expropriation of her domestic labor by the custard eating class?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I know, I know, weetposting, but the dril energy of this tweet is phenomenal

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1183397214929993728

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

StarkingBarfish posted:

I am *shocked* at this turn of events. Who had 18 hours in the sweepstakes?

I am shocked she lasted that long.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
If its a trifle that has more then 3 fruits in it, guillotine.
Or hand made sponge cake.

Proper working class trifle is made from white bread and 2 fruit max (tin of fruit cocktail allowed).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Jesus lasted three times as long.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

she's basically the living incarnation of the corn cob tweet

also this one which is my personal favourite https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?lang=en

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

crispix posted:

CHEYADDAR CHEESE AND PINE-APPLE ON A STICK :mad:

pickled onion you mean posho

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6exO2nJDs

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I have done a lot of thinking about myself and I believe I am the one to lead my Britain for me... I mean for my nation, and I will do all I can do for I can only do what I can for I, me and you. Once Hitler 2.0 is gone I will be my own PM and use my own methods to make sure I am the best PM for me. Oh and you.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
ffs are we doing this again then

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Diet Crack posted:

I have done a lot of thinking about myself and I believe I am the one to lead my Britain for me... I mean for my nation, and I will do all I can do for I can only do what I can for I, me and you. Once Hitler 2.0 is gone I will be my own PM and use my own methods to make sure I am the best PM for me. Oh and you.

gently caress off Jess.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

pickled onion you mean posho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpYW_w5pgo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

If its a trifle that has more then 3 fruits in it, guillotine.
Or hand made sponge cake.

Proper working class trifle is made from white bread and 2 fruit max (tin of fruit cocktail allowed).
Three as in types or as in number?

Because I'm not having a trifle with two loving raspberries in it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Guys, I'm sure that in the two hours where she was offline Weetman had a moment of serious self-reflection and decided that posting all day isn't good for her, mental health, that its better to be humble than condescending and that there are a lot of things that she needs to learn about politics in Britain that she won't be able to glean from Comment Is Free.

I can't imagine that shes returned just because she has absolutely nothing else to do.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think my grandmother used to get these weird sponge fingers to put in the trifle.

I dunno, I don't like jelly so I've never eaten trifle.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Clicking that Weetman tweet sent me down a rabbit hole that reminded me of Louise Mensch's existence :argh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Clicking that Weetman tweet sent me down a rabbit hole that reminded me of Louise Mensch's existence :argh:

I keep forgetting mensch exists because I keep confusing her with hopkins.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I feel bad for Noel Fielding, he tried his best to be Politics Twitter relevant, complete with (a half-hearted attempt at) doubling down a few days later, only for a virtual non-entity to get all the attention they crave simply by turning themselves off and on again.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Katie Hopkins is a hate stunt artist while Louise Mensch appears to be genuinely mentally ill imo.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

marktheando posted:

Are you lot really discussing nibbles and port? Is this the Tory thread?

Port is just nicer bucky and i'm pairing it with monster munch, this is a rebalancing of luxuries to the proletariat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Your ongoing stalinist purge of monster munch diversity will not be tolerated much further.

I have no idea what you're talking about, comrade

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Ancient Greek philosophy starts off great with questioning techniques and a raising of self awareness, but there's just something about Europeans that makes us go from "wow we did a good thing" to "we should rule over everybody because this good thing makes us better than everybody".

Dude, that's just about any philosophy that ever got boosted by the upper class of anywhere.

Guavanaut posted:

The worst philosophy for this just by it's sheer magnitude has to be Liberalism though, in all its ideology-free rational hands-off while millions die glory.

In some regards, liberalism is quite on the money with its conclusion of "nothing matters lol". When someone power hungry ends up in charge it's trivial to dig up an arbitrary philosophy to justify having more power, or to just pretend that the philosophy of being humble and knowing your limits means you should humiliate others to impress upon them their limits with extreme prejudice.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
and once again like loving clockwork this thread is giving the world's biggest attention whore more attention

no wonder people call us the most easily-trolled thread in the entire forums

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hentai Jihadist posted:

labour in a minority government would probably not be able to pass anything, a majority of labours MPs oppose corbyn's platform let alone the tories and LDs so i'm not sure that a minority labour government would be a good government anyway

It wasn't last time that happened, but the second General Election in 1974 did give them a majority. I would expect things to go much the same way this time, except if Labour can point at the SNP's effective refusal to go into coalition and ensuing opposition to a left wing Labour platform then this time the majority will come at the cost of the nationalists.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

But no one really cares except you though Julio, sure, it's a bit annoying, you are the only one getting mad when a few tweets are posted.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol I just saw a Slender Man book in the shelves at the Waterstones, it's a loving trip since I was there when the original thread happened

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dead Goon posted:

But no one really cares except you though Julio, sure, it's a bit annoying, you are the only one getting mad when a few tweets are posted.

I'm really not the only one

every time we have this argument there are many more votes for banning her than there are to keep posting her but we never get any actual ruling from a mod

so every couple of days we have to go through the whole loving routine again because some people just love indulging their hatecrushes or think that a specific "self-own" is worth sharing to the entire thread, when anyone who actually loving cares has already seen it because it's not actually that difficult to type www dot twitter dot com slash francesweetman

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

ban the weetman

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

If there’s one thing more annoying than Weetman it’s people who complain about the people who complain about the people who complain about Weetman

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gaze upon this instead https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1183408517518110720

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The most exciting making GBS threads experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Maybe we should just ban tweets.