Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

iospace posted:

Actually, isn't Rodgers the last qb to be drafted in three first round and win a superbowl as the starter?

<Brady> beat #1 overall
<injury fill in for #2 overall pick>
<Brady> beat a 1st rounder
Peyton was #1 overall.
<Brady> beat Wilson
Wilson was a 3rd round pick.
Flacco was a 1st
Eli was #1 overall

So it's more Brady and Wilson otherwise it's all 1st rounders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Actually, isn't Rodgers the last qb to be drafted in three first round and win a superbowl as the starter?

An incredibly washed up Peyton.

e: yeah it's mostly Brady and Wilson with Foles in on a technicality even though he balled out that game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think other than Brady/Wilson and Brady/Foles the last Super Bowl to not include a first round QB was Brad Johnson vs Rich Gannon in 2002. Although we did have two in a row because the year before that was Brady/Warner. Warner of course won one earlier.

Brees is the other guy to mention I guess, won as the first pick in round two.

Going back further we have Favre, Mark Rypien and Hostetler as winners. Hostetler of course replaced Simms who was a first rounder. Doug Williams was a first rounder who replaced Rypien in another Washington SB, I'd forgotten he went in the first. A bunch of Montana, Theismann. Oh duh, and Dilfer.

That's it for winners back to 1980 and I need to find something else to do with my time. So 12 different guys have won back to 1980 who weren't first rounders, but a couple of them combine for 10 rings.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 12, 2019

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

games between notably awful teams are usually great, idk why people are being cynical about miami v. washingotn

Chichevache posted:

North Dakota?

turns out there's only 1 guy with a phone in north dakota, so the data gets skewed real easy

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

I enjoy this photo ty

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, gently caress the cowboys.

Sorry what were we talking about

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They used the wrong kind of tanks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

It's not just about win loss, but of the added attrition they would have sustained as opposed to playing the lollipop guild that is the afc east.

Every year someone tries this argument and every year it’s demonstrated that it’s false, and everyone loses to the Patriots.

For instance following your logic... you’d assume they’d dominate the non Pats AFCE. Records show they do not.

Fun tidbit your team is 4-9 against Miami and Buffalo. Surprising. Maybe the real issue is Carolina not being in the AFCE isn’t of New England!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 12, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The problem isn't that the Patriots are too good, it's that the other 31 NFL teams are too bad.

I don't know how in twenty years nobody's picked up on stuff like "adapt your schemes to the players you have, not the ones you want" and "cheating's cool and good if you can get away with it".

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 12, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If you get away with it, it isn’t cheating. It’s gamesmanship.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Mega64 posted:

The problem isn't that the Patriots are too good, it's that the other 31 NFL teams are too bad.

I don't know how in twenty years nobody's picked up on stuff like "adapt your schemes to the players you have, not the ones you want" and "cheating's cool and good if you can get away with it".

Yeah in a well run league the patriots would be average I think. Adapting to your own personnel and your opponents scheme and personnel seems like a basic requirement for success but few others seem to do it.

Really the Patriots are the bar for whether the rest of the teams in the league are good. Patriots in the super bowl? Guess nobody else in the AFC was good. Patriots win the super bowl? Guess nobody in the nfl was good this year. If you think about it the NFL's really taken a downturn in the past couple decades. Six years of abject terribleness out of 20 doesn't seem that bad, but then you realize for an extra 3 one conference was awful enough to let the patriots represent them and you're up near 50%.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mega64 posted:

This is what I've been saying. The state of the league is bad. I'd say probably 2/3rd of the league is full of bad coaches and/or bad QBs. Some of them have the double whammy of both. Just a lot of clueless operations

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Dave posted:

They used the wrong kind of tanks

Not gonna lie, I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time thinking what would be better options than an IS-3(?) and an M26, or more comedic for the nerds who would care about such things (Like me).

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 12, 2019

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

fartknocker posted:

Not gonna lie, I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time thinking what would be better options than an IS-3(?) and an M26, or more comedic for the nerds who would care about such things (Like me).

I'm just over here wondering why jousting with tanks never caught on as a sport.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*the one guy in North Dakota picks up his phone*
"Huh? I don't know. Rams I guess."

Edit:

PupsOfWar posted:

turns out there's only 1 guy with a phone in north dakota, so the data gets skewed real easy

thanks bro

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

fartknocker posted:

M26? I thought it was a Panther. How embarrassing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

fartknocker posted:

Vickers Valiant and a T-35.

e: Ultra comedy option: Bob Semple

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 12, 2019

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Bottom part is false advertising.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Subtle.

https://twitter.com/arifhasannfl/status/1182802849027252224?s=21

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Chichevache posted:

North Dakota?

Don’t doxx me, please.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The NFL is like the British army at the outset of WWI. The majority of leadership is a bunch of inbred morons who got their position because of nepotism or privilege who waste the sacrifice of young men with outdated tactics and incompetent planning.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chichevache posted:

North Dakota?

That was me talking poo poo after the Bucs beat the Rams in LA.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The NFL is like the British army at the outset of WWI. The majority of leadership is a bunch of inbred morons who got their position because of nepotism or privilege who waste the sacrifice of young men with outdated tactics and incompetent planning.

Neutral zone infraction. 5 yard penalty, repeat 1916

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Chichevache posted:

North Dakota?

goff vs wentz

also the rams just got poo poo housed in a sb

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Didn't know the arizona has so much salt

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Disappointed they made the kickoff dropkick illegal. I was hoping teams would try to use it in place of an onside kick and just pop it way up in the air and try to recover it. Even though I know now that's not why the Ravens did it in the Chiefs game. I think it could work still. Or could have worked rather

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they moved pretty quickly to outlaw it huh

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Has anyone ever successfully recovered an onside kick by just beaning the guy in front of the kicker as hard as possible with the ball and recovering the rebound?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1183070172078362624?s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Finger Prince posted:

Has anyone ever successfully recovered an onside kick by just beaning the guy in front of the kicker as hard as possible with the ball and recovering the rebound?

Yes. I have absolutely seen that but I cannot remember the game for the life of me.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Yes. I have absolutely seen that but I cannot remember the game for the life of me.

Happened at the end of the OU-Alabama sugar bowl, but it was sort of an accident

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Michael_Fabiano/status/1183076536687087618?s=19

Hes dead, jim

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
That should be a career. Poor dude

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I can vaguely remember seeing it tried, but I don't remember seeing it be successful. Still, odds have got to be at least as good as a normal attempt.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Finger Prince posted:

I swear Jason Hanson did it at least once but I cannot remember which game it was.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
e: Wrong thread, Go Titans.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

fartknocker posted:

Bradley tank from Pentagon Wars vs a fish tank imo

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

texans @ chiefs, a battle between the top two QBs in the league, central time zone location?

10am pacific start.

cowboys @ jets, a ‘battle’ between a cratering cowboys team and the allegedly NFL-worthy jets, eastern time zone location?

1pm pacific start.

gently caress the cowboys forever and ever

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Fox is hyping up the 49ers and I hate it.

Also today is the first meeting since 2001 that both the 49ers and the rams have a winning record.

Pulling for a tie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What's it like, to lose a football game? I have forgotten