Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Yeah, you can even pull off decent sustain tanking in DPS gear so that's pretty much all folks gear for these days. I still keep a couple pieces of tank gear (starspawn, lyncanthropic) just because I'm bad and need a cushion, but I can't remember the last time I saw a healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I guess it was too much to ask for the filth trex to have some sort of thematic reason for being

Also loved that cut/paste machine tyrant fight.

But yeah finding out all of my gear is garbage because anima allocation did away with the entire healer role was a bit of a kick in the dick. Sure am glad I spent all that time poop socking for a healer role

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

But yeah finding out all of my gear is garbage because anima allocation did away with the entire healer role was a bit of a kick in the dick. Sure am glad I spent all that time poop socking for a healer role
It's sustain tanking that killed the healer role, not much point in healing if the tank literally cannot be killed :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

It's sustain tanking that killed the healer role, not much point in healing if the tank literally cannot be killed :v:

I want to blame something. When I quit there was no anima allocation and still healers so I'm blaming that.

I was even working on leech healing since that was the way to go in the old game.

But at least now I can free up inventory because there's no reason to have 7 talismans dedicated to dps, healing, and tanking.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
As compensation for the downtime yesterday, it's a free key weekend (until Tuesday) and everyone gets two cache keys in /delivereditems (that must be claimed by monday).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Switch port when you cowards

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

New forums, so the world is his oyster :v:

quote:

Hello,

This is an automated message from Funcom Forums to let you know that your account has been temporarily placed on hold as a precautionary measure.

Please do continue to browse, but you won’t be able to reply or create topics until a staff member 1 reviews your most recent posts. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For additional guidance, refer to our community guidelines.

Turns out when pubs mass flag you they just leave you in limbo

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, I saw that thread that was just like, eight hidden posts in a row you forums terrorist :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, I saw that thread that was just like, eight hidden posts in a row you forums terrorist :v:

I wasn't even doing anything off topic!

A guy said he missed the old days of when devs interacted with the players and gave cool teaser content

And I said I missed the days where they did that instead of talk about the game breaking bugs that are stopping players from playing the game

Giving the community the ability to bomb people they disagree with is not a great idea

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Thing is, what are you going to do if you're scrolling and you see "click here to reveal the forbidden post", not click it? :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pilchenstein posted:

When I still played this I had a classic chaos/hammer build using those lootbox anima weapons in both slots, the ones that heal you whenever you hit something. It was pretty much impossible to die except through negligence.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My forum ban got lifted mere hours before I reached Trust Level 2.

Their forum software is weird.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Quarterly financial report just released (http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2019/Funcom_2Q19_Report_M2w9cS.pdfhttp://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2019/Funcom_2Q19_Report_M2w9cS.pdf). Wasn't the NC team the ones working on SWL? Sounds like they're off the game entirely. Knew the game was in maintenance mode, but maybe it really is just an intern project at this point.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Ossipago posted:

Quarterly financial report just released (http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2019/Funcom_2Q19_Report_M2w9cS.pdfhttp://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2019/Funcom_2Q19_Report_M2w9cS.pdf). Wasn't the NC team the ones working on SWL? Sounds like they're off the game entirely. Knew the game was in maintenance mode, but maybe it really is just an intern project at this point.

I mean it doesn’t say NC is working EXCLUSIVELY on any one title, but the fact that SWL doesn’t even get mentioned anywhere should be telling enough.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
http://pr.funcom.com/pressreleases/tencent-to-become-largest-shareholder-in-funcom-2925705

Tencent now owns a large portion of funcom :)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ooh, a Dune game

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
...By Funcom. That means that it will have some really bizarre and questionable design decisions, but will still somehow manage to do an awesome job of perfectly conveying the IP and its lore.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The spice must flow...for 99cents.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Please, PLEASE let the premium currency be spice so we can have a "Best Value!" spice pack.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Buy this month's premium Easter Bunny Sandworm Mount, only $20.00 USD worth of FunSpice.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You have to manually walk without rhythm unless you buy the VIP account for a one time upgrade of $4.99.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
As long as you can buy Fatboy Slim’s “Weapon of Choice” dance for your character.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Apparently there might be a new ARG for Secret World? That’s been a hot minute.

https://twitter.com/Cyranostory

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

macnbc posted:

Neat, but short. Looks like there's at least five more "chapters" pending for it.

Anyone get anything from the "try your luck" button? I didn't.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I got nothing. Still, nice to see new material.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

macnbc posted:

Probably nothing to do with the mmo beyond taking place in the same world.

https://www.moonsofmadness.com/

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I guess they really thought DOOM needed another reboot.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Halloween event is up and there's a contest to do design work for free: https://forums.funcom.com/t/agent-writing-contest/88903

You some agents just for participating, so if you're somehow low on those I guess it's nice?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

quote:

Grand Prize: Portrait made of your agent, one (1) Epic Cache Key and five (5) cache keys (cash value of $27.50). One of our very talented artists in-house will draw your agent and add it along with the text.

3 Runner Ups: Your agent will be added to the game with the text you’ve created plus five (5) cache keys (cash value of $7.50). It won’t have a custom portrait, but the custom text will be added.

Participation: Those who participate will receive the winning agents as well as the brand new Nicole & Andy Agent. :wink:

It's just kind of sad

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Anyone played Moons of Madness yet? Sounds like there's a few TSW links.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Anyone played Moons of Madness yet? Sounds like there's a few TSW links.

I want to but I'm firmly in the "Don't give Funcom money" camp

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Why? So they hosed up TSW and SWL, that's basically their modus operandi at this point. It's not like they're Blizzard :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

Why? So they hosed up TSW and SWL, that's basically their modus operandi at this point. It's not like they're Blizzard :v:

I'm not okay with giving Blizzard money either

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Yeah, I want them to develop more content but I don't want them to make money.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Len posted:

I want to but I'm firmly in the "Don't give Funcom money" camp

That's weird to be

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

That's weird to be

There's also the part where The Park wasn't that great a game so I don't trust buying into another TSW/SWL spinoff.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yeah, The Park was basically just an endgame neck slot item that we can't even use anymore.

e: vvv - Yup. Got your choice of a dps/tank/heal BiS item. Didn't carry over from TSW to SWL.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 29, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hello Sailor posted:

Yeah, The Park was basically just an endgame neck slot item that we can't even use anymore.

Wasn't it specifically the BiS for all roles?

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I've gotta admit I found Moons a fair bit more entertaining than The Park, it's a bit slow in parts but it feels like an actual game as opposed to the walking simulator that The Park was. Sure you're still walking around doing menial poo poo and solving fairly simple puzzles but when the scares happen they've been pretty solid and the atmosphere is fantastic. Also the story hits all the right spots for me, it's very heavy into TSW lore, the Filth features prominently and there are tons and tons of references. If you don't want to give Funcom cash than pass on it but if you like TSW as a setting it's worth a shot. Took me about 6 hours to beat it, ending was a bit iffy but it was a fun ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Free cache key and sprint cosmetic in your delivered items to compensate for the recent long downtime. Has to be claimed by next Tuesday.