Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Only good cop is Robocop imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
But probably Only Robocop 1.0.

2.0 and 3.0? Pass on those updates, keep it OG.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

holocaust bloopers posted:

Only good cop is Judge Dredd imo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mods

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Cops killing people: Certainly not current events

Ignore the news, citizen, there's nothing to see here.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Cops killing people: Certainly not current events

Ignore the news, citizen, there's nothing to see here.

You’re not chained to this thread to talk about current events. I promise won’t have a cop shoot you if you just talk about it in a different thread.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

Police as it is now, are not qualified to do welfare checks. They want to play cops and robbers, not be social workers. You ever see Mother Theresa wear a punisher skull?

So when are we gonna see a new wave of swatting, except instead of calling in terroristic threats or whatever you call the police and say something innocuous like "My neighbors door is open and it looks kinda sketch." or " Can you please check on my X, I haven't seen him in Y weeks, I'm worried"?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

mlmp08 posted:

POTUS continues to deliberately lump SDF in with PKK.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1183369133301391365?s=21

How many different ways can we try to turn the Kurds into the bad guys in this situation

Get the gently caress out of my country you godamn smooth brained Goomba-wannabe fuckstick

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hey Turkey, wanna see something funny?

:laugh:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://torontohye.ca/armenian-popul...lwZdF8QuIGLD7jQ

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Shocker.

Shocked.

gently caress Turkey.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oh cool now it's all full circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O93eOUSW1Lg

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

When your OCD gets the better of you.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

I definitely don't own a physical copy of every SOAD studio album, and in no way did listening to their lyrics affect my political point of view.

To admit otherwise would be an offense to our great president.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Who's up for TE Lawrence cosplay at the Turkish embassy?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

NY Times investigative reporters tracked down evidence that the Russian Air Force has been intentionally bombing hospitals in Syria, complete with audio recordings from pilots and JTACs confirming coordinates:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/world/middleeast/russia-bombing-syrian-hospitals.html

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yikes.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Jesus christ

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Good thing the US doesn't care about war crimes!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Arc Light posted:

NY Times investigative reporters tracked down evidence that the Russian Air Force has been intentionally bombing hospitals in Syria, complete with audio recordings from pilots and JTACs confirming coordinates:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/world/middleeast/russia-bombing-syrian-hospitals.html

Complete non shocker, but horrifying nonetheless.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Did you guys need any more evidence other than they've regularly bombed every hospital in rebel territory? The strategy is clearly to make life unbearable for anyone outside of regime territory by preventing them from having any sort of major infrastructure. Anything that makes living without Assad in control possible gets flattened by Russian/SyAAF bombs.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, everyone involved here deserves it, except for the Kurds. Meanwhile, ISIS sneaks out the back door :toot:

https://twitter.com/rafsanchez/status/1183458445112086535

https://twitter.com/LizSly/status/1183459153374859264

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

So Russia played Donnie like a loving fiddle in reasserting Assad's control

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

facialimpediment posted:

Well, everyone involved here deserves it,

I understand that everyone in this thread is angry about current events and we are just venting, but a post like this directly following posts about Russia bombing hospitals is a really bad look.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yup

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Shocked, shocked I say.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

It isn't like this doesn't keep happening repeatedly to him. Can anyone remember North Korea? It's almost so long ago in Trump time my mind has just wiped it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, speaking of north korea.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-12/kim-jong-un-may-be-hiding-a-hog-apocalypse-from-the-world

quote:

By official accounts, the pig contagion wreaking havoc across Eastern Asia has virtually skipped over North Korea, with a single outbreak reported there in May. But wayward feral pigs have stoked concern that Kim Jong Un’s reclusive state is hiding an African swine fever disaster.

Porkapocalypse.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m sitting here eating a Restaurant with my family wishing the world could be as peaceful as this.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

this is how we get zombies

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m sitting here eating a Restaurant with my family wishing the world could be as peaceful as this.

Which restaurant are you eating? How does roofing tile taste?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Chichevache posted:

I understand that everyone in this thread is angry about current events and we are just venting, but a post like this directly following posts about Russia bombing hospitals is a really bad look.

I mean the governments/dictatorships, not the civilians. Not to mention that Russia definitely has their dick in this hornet's nest too, and I believe the Turks or Russia-aligned proxies have already begun the long, arduous work of bombing every hospital with the whiff of Kurd on it in the general area. We sorta do the same thing with weddings.

There are going to be a lot of countries going for the War Crime High Score in this one. Kurds don't deserve that, the civilians in the area don't deserve that, but a clusterfuck four way between Turkey, Syria, ISIS, plus Iranian and Russian proxies is what all of those leaders deserve.

And absolutely all of it was avoidable if Donnie Brainstem just shut up and kept his token force where they were. A massive humanitarian crisis in the works because Donnie got rolled by a half-assed dictator of a NATO country that probably shouldn't be in NATO anymore.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 13, 2019

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

And absolutely all of it was avoidable if Donnie Brainstem just shut up and kept his token force where they were. A massive humanitarian crisis in the works because Donnie got rolled by a half-assed dictator of a NATO country that probably shouldn't be in NATO anymore.

It's almost broken my head. Normally when we use the word "unilaterally" in politics we mean a group, e.g. "Bolivia has unilaterally decided to do X", or "In argument between government Y and two unions, one union decided to act unilaterally thereby screwing over the other one".

In this case Trump, one man, did a tweet that unilaterally caused a war. The Pentagon hadn't got a loving clue he was going to do it. Nobody had a clue he was going to do it. I don't he knew he was going to do it because I will not dein the thought that the man has any forethought at all.

I've played with magpies in my garden that think ahead further than that, yanno, I can play games with them.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Hexyflexy posted:

It's almost broken my head. Normally when we use the word "unilaterally" in politics we mean a group, e.g. "Bolivia has unilaterally decided to do X", or "In argument between government Y and two unions, one union decided to act unilaterally thereby screwing over the other one".

In this case Trump, one man, did a tweet that unilaterally caused a war. The Pentagon hadn't got a loving clue he was going to do it. Nobody had a clue he was going to do it. I don't he knew he was going to do it because I will not dein the thought that the man has any forethought at all.

I've played with magpies in my garden that think ahead further than that, yanno, I can play games with them.

https://youtu.be/jewtXi5xjY4

Magpies are dope. They understand trade.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Stravag posted:

Got a bag of coloured bottle tops and some coloured rubber bands that confirms that.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stravag posted:

https://youtu.be/jewtXi5xjY4

That's more than can be said for Anger Mango.

Magpie 2020

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

McNally posted:

That's more than can be said for Anger Mango.

Magpie 2020

Magpie/African Grey Parrot 2020

Colorful pieces of plastic and deafening screeching you can believe in.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

MrYenko posted:

Magpie/African Grey Parrot 2020

Colorful pieces of plastic and deafening screeching you can believe in.

Parrots are assholes. The African Grey will be a fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

And just like him they repeat everything they hear. Just dont let them watch fox