Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

cantwell has an ability to gently caress up even the simplest things like going to the movies

https://twitter.com/nate_thayer/status/1182725062912282629

i'm here to defend MY FREEDOM unless people want me not to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Lightning Knight posted:

i forgot that soros paid for magical quick dry cement projectiles for antifa front line brigades, silly me

My favorite part is that despite having a bunch of milkshakes thrown at him, he walked right next to the protestors instead of, you know, walking away from them.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/CoriBush/status/1183219108613165057?s=19

in the span of a single week

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Anyone related to or acquainted with a cop who still treats them as anything other than an inhuman monster is part of the problem, full stop.
Got a cop in your family? Don't invite them to famiy events, make it clear they are not welcome anywhere near you or your children or pets.
Are you friends with a cop? Stop being friends with them yesterday. :sever:
Are you married to a cop? WHY THE gently caress WOULD YOU DO THAT? GET THE gently caress OUT OF THERE, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? THEY'RE GONNA MURDER YOU AND IT TURNS OUT STEAL YOUR loving ORGANS BEFORE THE CORONER EXAMINES YOU.

"Oh, but they're a good cop!" NO, THEY ARE NOT.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/spontaneousmixx/status/1183225407891365888?s=19

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Deeply cursed username/post combo.
Thanks, I hate it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

cantwell has an ability to gently caress up even the simplest things like going to the movies

https://twitter.com/nate_thayer/status/1182725062912282629

did i miss something? isn't this clown supposed to be serving a life sentence in prison?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
at Arkham

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
He was released early for lewd behavior.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

did i miss something? isn't this clown supposed to be serving a life sentence in prison?

the speculation is that he flipped but to my knowledge, aside from some old posts from him about voluntarily going to the FBI, no one's confirmed anything

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tubgoat posted:

Anyone related to or acquainted with a cop who still treats them as anything other than an inhuman monster is part of the problem, full stop.
Got a cop in your family? Don't invite them to famiy events, make it clear they are not welcome anywhere near you or your children or pets.
Are you friends with a cop? Stop being friends with them yesterday. :sever:
Are you married to a cop? WHY THE gently caress WOULD YOU DO THAT? GET THE gently caress OUT OF THERE, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? THEY'RE GONNA MURDER YOU AND IT TURNS OUT STEAL YOUR loving ORGANS BEFORE THE CORONER EXAMINES YOU.

"Oh, but they're a good cop!" NO, THEY ARE NOT.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:qq: LaDy!!! :qq:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mr Interweb posted:

you're thinking of james fields, the one who ran down heather heyer
cantwell is the crying nazi who was arrested for misdemeanor assault

Azathoth posted:

the speculation is that he flipped but to my knowledge, aside from some old posts from him about voluntarily going to the FBI, no one's confirmed anything

Christopher Charles Cantwell (born November 12, 1980), also known as The Crying Nazi,[1][2][3] is an American neo-Nazi, anti-semitic conspiracy theorist, libertarian pundit, shock jock, federal informant,[4] and political activist.[12]

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wouldn’t it be public record if he was

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Alan Smithee posted:

Wouldn’t it be public record if he was

Not if they want to keep receiving information.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

you're thinking of james fields, the one who ran down heather heyer
cantwell is the crying nazi who was arrested for misdemeanor assault

Christopher Charles Cantwell (born November 12, 1980), also known as The Crying Nazi,[1][2][3] is an American neo-Nazi, anti-semitic conspiracy theorist, libertarian pundit, shock jock, federal informant,[4] and political activist.[12]

He's copped to that many times. The question is whether he's been compensated for it with a plea bargain or if he's doing his boot licking pro boner.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Azathoth posted:

doing his boot licking pro boner.

if ur gunna lick something pro boner i can think of at least one choice better than a boot

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DEdwardBeck/status/1183398365129777159

quote:

“What really worried us was the violence ... the violence directed toward superior commissioned officers," the former soldier who launched the investigation said. "Threats of, essentially, blowing up general officers. The idea that he would use the Army in a way that would be anti-government and anti-American was pretty concerning. That’s a textbook [counter-intelligence] concern that we’re all taught to look for and recognize.”

He reached out to Military Times, he added, for insurance that the investigation wouldn’t be buried.

“Does that person have enough rank to make this go away? Does he have enough influence that this won’t matter? Is it just going to be a [General Officer Memo of Reprimand] and then nothing real happens?” he said.

The military services have been wrestling recently with alarming headlines and investigations into white supremacist and other far-right internet musings by troops.

Last year, the Defense Department reported in a letter to former Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minnesota, that it had received 27 reports of extremist activity in the previous five years, and that 18 of those troops had been disciplined or discharged because of it.

At the center of the controversy has been the Atomwaffen Division, which has had several junior enlisted troops among its alleged followers.

The group is responsible for five murders in the past two years, according to a July policy brief by the International Centre for Counter-terrorism, moving from far-right activism after its 2015 founding to acts of violence more recently.

At the other end of the spectrum, in 2018, the Army forced out a junior officer, 2nd Lt. Spenser Rapone, who had used his Twitter account to espouse the violent overthrow of the U.S. government in favor of a communist revolution.

Investigations by both the U.S. Military Academy, his alma mater, and 10th Mountain Division, his last command, were heavily redacted and largely obscured a long and somewhat open history of his political leanings, first while serving as an enlisted infantryman in the 75th Ranger Regiment and through his time as an officer.

The issue has even motivated Lt. Gen. Charles Luckey, the head of the Army Reserve, to create and post a video on rooting out the problem in the ranks.

“This is the Army, it’s not a gang,” he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ENlBQi7yz0

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 07:00 on Oct 14, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

quote:

“This is the Army, it’s not a gang,” he said.
:ironicat:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/A_SHEKH0VTS0V/status/1183639144284729345

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Off topic but Anton Shekhovstsov sounds like a character from a Cold War era propaganda film.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is that the reality tv guy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You gotta speak to the Army brass in language they understand.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

is that the reality tv guy

that’s Zelensky, the president. Ukraine is one of those parliamentary republics where the president has more power than the prime minister.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: Frankly I'm surprised it's sub-zero. I guess the Imgur comments section isn't always full of shitheads.

:finland::lol:

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Oct 14, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: whoops

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You gotta speak to the Army brass in language they understand.

is incompetent nepotism a language

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

Portland Police say a prominent anti-fascist activist was killed early Saturday near Cider Riot, a Northeast Portland club and a popular gathering spot for left-wing protestors.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1183272193549053953

he threatened my camera :qq:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Interweb posted:

Whenever cops actually go after some of these people, I think they just take them to lunch or something so they don't do something stupid at an ongoing rally.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1183724254799548418

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
LOL excellent choice of accompanying photo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Probably good money in a word domain like that

Which he will promptly spend on neckties and rectal massages

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Has he tried just not being poor

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I am glad and I honestly hope he starves to death

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Maybe he can rent out a few spare vowels.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pookel posted:

Has he tried just not being poor
Perhaps he could: learn to code?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If he kills himself, I’ll be happy for the first time since 2015. Overdose would get me back to neutral.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aw, so he can't afford to go to MFF now?

Or is this how he's funding it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wait so did that furry convention he got kicked out of (holy poo poo, do i love that sentence) already happen?