Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
After giving up a 74 yard TD run on the second play of the game, failing to convert a 4th down in their own territory, and missing a field goal, Kentucky rallied from down 13-0 with a wide receiver playing quarterback to beat Arkansas 24-20. The defense really stepped up in the second half, and Lynn Bowden actually played pretty well behind center. The coaches realized they could run on the edges and adjusted the playcalling, which actually better matched Bowden's skills as a runner anyway and opened up the option game with the RBs. After Arkansas scored to retake a 20-17 lead, Kentucky marched down the field and answered thanks to 20+ yd runs each from Kavosiey Smoke, AJ Rose, and Bowden.

I was at the game for the first time in a long time. Atmosphere was amazing, they were honoring Jared Lorenzen this game, brought his family and former teammates out, including coach Rich Brooks. Very cool to see. What's funny is that a few people got up and left when we were down early, and in the words of the Hefty Lefty, missed one hell of a game.

My favorite part though is that Kentucky stopped Arkansas's last drive with a 4th down stop at the 22 yard line, which was Jared's number. That 7OT loss is avenged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don’t want to talk about Michigan State so I’ll let my dad do it

NCAA News / Views: Bonehead play. Defense exhausted. Offense stinks. Bad Year.

Does it fit?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

Rank Minnesota You Cowards

came here to say this

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Rank Minnesota You Cowards

Done.

pre:
DELTA	RANK	TEAM		RECORD	VOTES
--	1	Alabama 	6-0	1503
+3 	2	LSU 		6-0	1449
-1 	3	Clemson 	6-0	1427
-1 	4	Ohio State 	6-0	1404		
+1 	5	Oklahoma 	6-0	1333	
+2 	6	Wisconsin 	6-0	1245
+3 	7	Penn State 	6-0	1129
+1 	8	Notre Dame 	5-1	1042
-2	9	Florida 	6-1	1041	
-7 	10	Georgia 	5-1	995	
+1	11	Auburn 		5-1	985	
+1 	12	Oregon 		5-1	906	
+2	13	Utah 		5-1	729	
-- 	14	Boise State 	6-0	716	
-4 	15	Texas 		4-2	672	
--	16 	Michigan 	5-1	648	
+1	17 	Arizona State 	5-1	524	
+4	18 	Baylor 		6-0	470	
+2	19 	SMU 		6-0	398	
NR	20 	Minnesota 	6-0	330	
+4	21 	Cincinnati 	5-1	308	
NR	22 	Missouri 	5-1	233	
-6 	23	Iowa 		4-2	210	
NR	24 	Appalachian St 	5-0	148	
NR	25 	Washington 	5-2	107

Others receiving votes:
Tulane 55 Iowa State 36 Temple 31 Wake Forest 25 California 20 
Virginia 8 Memphis 6 USC 4 South Carolina 4 Texas A&M 3 
UCF 3 San Diego State 2 Louisiana Tech 1

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Very cool that Miami fans warned everybody about Coley and nobody listened.

Not to excuse Kirby for his sins but how do you keep running the same four plays with THAT offense

You haven't seen anything yet from him. He called the worst playcall I have ever seen.

It was a halfback pass in the snow as the QB was finally getting hot.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Guess we're all doing the annual LSU-Bama Game of the Century again this year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dilber posted:

You haven't seen anything yet from him. He called the worst playcall I have ever seen.

It was a halfback pass in the snow as the QB was finally getting hot.

:stare:

I though Nuss’s FB inside fake to unblocked HB pitch to the weak side inside the 1 for a 6yd loss against LSU a few years ago was bad. I’m still furious about it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Need Florida to win out so that it’s some hodgepodge of

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Who gives a poo poo they aren’t in the SEC
4. Florida

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao how are we still ranked

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lmao how are we still in the Top 15

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

MourningView posted:

can you get negative points in a game? It seems in play for us

LSU with a modern well designed offense is exactly as terrifying as everyone assumed it would be.

I gotta think someone is gonna swoop in and try to get Brady from them as early as this off-season though

There is no way Brady is at LSU next year, unless Ensminger gets hired away or Brady gets promoted to Co-OC, which...I don’t think will happen. The notoriety Brady has been getting since the offseason, while good for Brady (since he rightly deserves all the credit for turning around LSU’s passing game), creates issues in the future for Orgeron and LSU unless they are willing to ditch or demote Ensminger.

Then again, what do I know?

Has anyone ever paid a position coach in the millions?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's really too bad Washington already lost 2 games before their offense started to figure things out, that second half was a stark difference

Wait and that game was in Tucson, we won in Arizona again what the hell

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cnidario posted:

There is no way Brady is at LSU next year, unless Ensminger gets hired away or Brady gets promoted to Co-OC, which...I don’t think will happen. The notoriety Brady has been getting since the offseason, while good for Brady (since he rightly deserves all the credit for turning around LSU’s passing game), creates issues in the future for Orgeron and LSU unless they are willing to ditch or demote Ensminger.

They will give Brady all of the money and any title he wants if the offense keeps producing this way.

Aranda makes 2.5 mil a year and has an associate head coach title.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cnidario posted:

Ensminger has been demoted from OC before and seemed fine with it so I guess they could give Brady a promotion and a huge raise but even knowing Brady is the biggest difference between this year and last demoting your OC coming off a record setting year would be kinda weird so yeah maybe co-OC. Of the two of them Brady's definitely the one most likely to get hired away though

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Very cool that Miami fans warned everybody about Coley and nobody listened.

Not to excuse Kirby for his sins but how do you keep running the same four plays with THAT offense

They also said Cager was garbage and at least that isn’t true because dude can ball.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol at LSU jumping all the way to #2

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

I dunno that seems about right

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ready for another 9-6 LSU \ Alabama game of the century?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MourningView posted:

because we're objectively better than ISU (scoreboard) and what are they gonna do, say that App State and Tulane are better than us? poppycock

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

KKKLIP ART posted:

They also said Cager was garbage and at least that isn’t true because dude can ball.

He looks way different than he did here. He used to drop so many goddam passes and didn't know how to use his body against DBs. He was so frustrating to watch because the talent was there but he never put it together.

For those of you who never saw the play I referenced:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/680883827871363072

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Neither defense is good enough for a repeat of that thankfully.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Guess we're all doing the annual LSU-Bama Game of the Century again this year

You're right, but at least it'll be more interesting to watch.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

was laughing incredibly hard at Fox's Ohio State vs. Northwestern commercials for the Friday night game during the baseball playoffs, how are they even trying to sell that as a real game. Come watch Northwestern's defense impressively hold off Ohio State for several series and the offense just run right into them for three straight downs until they let the quarterback throw an interception.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

LSU should be #1

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

R.D. Mangles posted:

was laughing incredibly hard at Fox's Ohio State vs. Northwestern commercials for the Friday night game during the baseball playoffs, how are they even trying to sell that as a real game. Come watch Northwestern's defense impressively hold off Ohio State for several series and the offense just run right into them for three straight downs until they let the quarterback throw an interception.

Speaking of Fox, Urban Meyer oozes so much smug self-assurance on their CFB show that I find it extremely hard to believe he wouldn't take the Southern Cal job if it were offered to him. "My family said 'Go for it.'"

PostNouveau posted:

LSU should be #1

They play both Auburn and Alabama, so I wouldn't worry about it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

They play both Auburn and Alabama, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sure it'll sort itself out in the end, but if we're just comparing resumes up to now, I mean come on.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The #20 6-0 University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Sure it'll sort itself out in the end, but if we're just comparing resumes up to now, I mean come on.

I don't disagree, but it's hard not to study recent history.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

With the way both defenses look, it’s gonna be a big XII affair and I’m here for it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

Speaking of Fox, Urban Meyer oozes so much smug self-assurance on their CFB show that I find it extremely hard to believe he wouldn't take the Southern Cal job if it were offered to him. "My family said 'Go for it.'"

Urban Meyer is such a loving slimeball prick.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Fluffdaddy posted:

With the way both defenses look, it’s gonna be a big XII affair and I’m here for it.

49-46 is a looking more likely than 9-6.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

49-46 is a looking more likely than 9-6.

If that happens, and assuming both are undefeated and still ranked 1-2 at the matchup, how far does the loser fall? 5th? 6th?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Soup du Jour posted:

The #20 6-0 University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

I wonder why they weren't ranked last week when A&M was at 3-2 :thunk:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

iospace posted:

I wonder why they weren't ranked last week when A&M was at 3-2 :thunk:

It can take a while before a team that hasn't been ranked for a long time, even a P5 one, to get back into the top 25. It probably took Penn State just as long in 2005.

Also, Minnesota's wins aren't all that impressive.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

MourningView posted:

At this point swapping Iowa for Iowa st seems fair.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
OU has the #30 defense according to SP+ (and the #1 offense still), so that's cool.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

georgia's first tweet in over a day

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaFootball/status/1183520446077198341

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Same, tbh

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
When it gets thick, we get tighter. We go long, hard, and deep and we finish all over the opposition

Cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Komet posted:

It can take a while before a team that hasn't been ranked for a long time, even a P5 one, to get back into the top 25. It probably took Penn State just as long in 2005.

Also, Minnesota's wins aren't all that impressive.

I'm playing towards "they left them ranked so Alabama has an early season ranked win that the committee can talk about" theory :v: