Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183524771734183936

eat poo poo fucker. you let this happen. now loving lay it.

I'm glad I can sleep soundly knowing that Turkey and the Kurds have been left to handle ISIS prisoners after the US abandoned that responsibility. I'm sure they will work together very well, right after Turkey gets done slaughtering the kurds and bombing the prisons containing the prisoners that they are apparently going to then contain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1183542660549808129

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1183544912043741190

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Illuminti posted:

Wow, that was a goldmine of related links.

Yeah, I love reading articles about people who cannot survive on the median US income being lauded as paragons of thrift.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

You'll probably want to open this in a private window or your YouTube recommendations will be ruined for all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr2X4ty1ZVU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pseudorandom name posted:

You'll probably want to open this in a private window or your YouTube recommendations will be ruined for all time.

I'll actually just pass altogether thanks.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Thanks, but we already know this is who they are Maggie. Maybe you're just catching up?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Otteration posted:

Before it deletes the twit:

"Somebody please explain to Chris Wallace of Fox, who will never be his father (and my friend), Mike Wallace, that the Phone Conversation I had with the President of Ukraine was a congenial & good one. It was only Schiff’s made up version of that conversation that was bad!"

"...Chris Wallace of Fox, who will never be his father (and my friend), Mike Wallace,...."

Somebody please explain.

It’s weird phrasing but I guess grammatically correct. He’s saying he will never live up to his father’s name.

Mike Wallace was a good journalist I guess. I never watched 60 Minutes.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Those awful, terrible violent videogames folks. You know, I've seen them and they're just so bad. People ask me, are the videogames why people are killing? Are they doing the killing? I don't know, but I think so. We need to investigate the games

*Shows video depicting himself mass murdering his political enemies*

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Surprising.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1183555037886369793

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I almost believe he really thinks people didn't see the transcript and took Schiffs characterization of it literally

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The sack of wasps is one of the most single minded evil self interested gently caress and if this is the way he thinks the wind is blowing it's definitely a big lol

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

wowzers :eyepop:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
How was Wirehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nztG-0Wnq0I&t=2s so correct?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Lemming posted:

The sack of wasps is one of the most single minded evil self interested gently caress and if this is the way he thinks the wind is blowing it's definitely a big lol

Yeah the selfish douche positioning himself this way, as the vanguard of potential critics of Trumpism, is definitely a good sign

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183541434802196481

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Lol it's a lovely hack job of the church scene from Kingsman. I was expecting better, but even his fan videos are cheap and ultimately rip-offs of other people's work.

It's not even Obama sympathy for the devil good, which i can't even find at this point.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

That's kinda suspicious hearing this right after he just went to Hong Kong and expressed his support for the protesters.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

If Anthony Hopkins has taught us anything it’s that serial killers have greater depth of personality than Trump, too.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I heard Ted Cruz doen't like pumpkin pie.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183369133301391365

I know it's a terrible situation but I can't help reading this as a pitch for his new reality show Endless Wars, with a standing invitation for new challengers and mercenaries to come test their might on the battlefield.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Serial killers also have a lower body count.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, no wonder Ted Cruz is getting involved now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Antioch posted:

This is the fourth time I've read the series. I started in the mid 90s when Crown of Swords came out. Every time I've read it it's been different because of the mind space I'm in.

FYI for you and other Wheel of Time readers, we have a dedicated thread now that the show is coming out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897992&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

On topic: my wife's boomer vet Trump voting dad said he will be voting Democrat in 2020 because of the betrayal of the kurds.

Hopefully the GOP feeds Trump to the wolves.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

RC Cola posted:

On topic: my wife's boomer vet Trump voting dad said he will be voting Democrat in 2020 because of the betrayal of the kurds.

Bet he forgets about it in a year's time after the right-wing media gets him really riled up about something else.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

The scene in the movie ends with the character that Trump's head is grafted onto being shot in the head.

It's actually leftist propaganda.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Kurds cut a deal with Assad and the Russians.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Trump started a war and caused the release of a whole bunch of ISIS prisoners for literally no reason. This is in addition to giving up our strategic position in northern Syria and forcing a former ally to reach out to Russia for help against a NATO member.

He is 1000 times worse than Bush.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rabble posted:

Trump started a war and caused the release of a whole bunch of ISIS prisoners for literally no reason. This is in addition to giving up our strategic position in northern Syria and forcing a former ally to reach out to Russia for help against a NATO member.

idk if he is worse because W kinda kicked this whole thing off(well eisenhower and the british/france did at different times) but if he keeps at this rate he might beat bush.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rabble posted:

I've got bad news about the Iraq War for you....

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

sooo much wrong with this

1. the people in the church were a hate group and if anything, would be the perfect analogue of trump supporters
2. the main guy gets shot immediately after
3. even though the people he killed were a bunch of racist, bigoted shitheads, the movie still portrayed them getting murdered as a BAD thing!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Luckyellow posted:

That's kinda suspicious hearing this right after he just went to Hong Kong and expressed his support for the protesters.

He's running.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
This is actually interesting: if Trump gets removed, say in June. Do these also-rans like Joe Walsh or Bill Weld have to flip a coin or does Pence just win by default like Trump is going to?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I have a question, Fox News seems to be kinda turning on Trump, at least a few of their commentators, now I remember reading an article from the 2016 race that Murdoch loving hates Trump, like personally and with a passion, but when Fox was attacking him in the primaries they discovered the Trump Supprorter/Fox News Viewer Venn Diagram formed pretty much a perfect circle, and were forced to reverse course on him to retain viewership.

Did I remember right? Is this Murdoch's chance to take down Trump?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

This is actually interesting: if Trump gets removed, say in June. Do these also-rans like Joe Walsh or Bill Weld have to flip a coin or does Pence just win by default like Trump is going to?

Pence becomes incumbent and the Trump/Pence campaign almost certainly just shifts into the Pence campaign, yea

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BarbarianElephant posted:

Bet he forgets about it in a year's time after the right-wing media gets him really riled up about something else.
Despite what this thread thinks plenty of people switch their votes.

In 2016

9% of Obama voters voted for Trump
5% of Romney voters voted for Clinton

thewalk
Mar 16, 2018

SchrodingersCat posted:

Is this surprising? Welcome to American Capitalism, the next best thing to hereditary nobility

I work with a guy who's wife is decently high up in a fortune 500 company. Pretty much everyone making over 100,000 is either a family friend of the top executives, family of the top executives, or talent scouted out of schools like Yale or Harvard, where you also have to be either rich or family to attend. Truly smart people from the "lower class" are hired in and ground into the dirt until they quit, and are replaced with new grads No matter how hard they try, or how good they are, they are never allowed beyond a certain level. The rich live off the sweat and toil of the lower class.

The rich control everything, and don't want anyone who isn't already rich to enter their atmosphere.

The American Dream is dead and has been for about 40 years.

Not dead. Im an immigrant from poland. My mom, dad, brother all make 200-300k with no college degree with businesses

I earn several million a year. Military and 3 years of college but no degree. This is not a humble brag. But a commentary that within 1st generation of arriving in America. Poor no money. No college degree. Lots of success was had.

The main difference i see between my families success and all my american social circle. Is all my american friends minds are set in a do hours for $ and settle for a very low amount. Low ambition. Living their best life yaaaas. Lots of partying, traveling experiences. New cell phones and cars.

When they do contemplate starting a business its always fun stuff like business is supposed to be fun enjoyable. Their follow through is weak. And shortly theyve given up and back to trading time for low $

The american dream isnt dead. Many people break through into the upper levels at a much higher % than else where in the world

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

HootTheOwl posted:

If Trump gets removed it means dozens of Republican Senators voted to remove him, they'd know even if they replace him on the ballot the Republican brand will be toxic for a generation, the only way that happens is if it seems Trump is unhinged enough to start seriously threatening rich white guy's money.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

I have a question, Fox News seems to be kinda turning on Trump, at least a few of their commentators, now I remember reading an article from the 2016 race that Murdoch loving hates Trump, like personally and with a passion, but when Fox was attacking him in the primaries they discovered the Trump Supprorter/Fox News Viewer Venn Diagram formed pretty much a perfect circle, and were forced to reverse course on him to retain viewership.

Did I remember right? Is this Murdoch's chance to take down Trump?

It seemed like Fox was starting to turn, then Bagman Barr visited Murdoch and several “not the chuddiest they have” anchors departed.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Trump's fault

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1183358350848942082

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

SchrodingersCat posted:

Putin's hand is so far up Trump's behind that I'm surprised fingers aren't sticking out of his mouth.

The US refuses any action and Putin's goal of destroying NATO is achieved.

Pages back but the fact that a NATO member is shelling another NATO member is a loving wet dream for Putin that no one prior to 2016 would’ve ever thought possible.