Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And while this woman plausibly said "no" to offers of take-out/prepared foods from the grocery store, it's really telling that he didn't even mention making such an offer to take care of her. Real leadership qualities on display there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

She should kick him in the balls so he might feel maybe 10% of the pain of endometriosis. Then while he's curled up in pain demand he make two meals since she's head of the house now.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

You left off the best/worst part:

https://twitter.com/lesbiyot/status/1183380152123678721

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

LOL "several hours per week to make sure the bills are paid"
THEY DON'T EVEN COME WEEKLY

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Narcissists and absuers like to make sure their victims are overextended and exhausted, often while claiming some nebulous position of greater authority that doesn't actually require as much of a time investment as they claim, usually something like "managing the finances."

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I don't even spend hours per year making sure my bills are paid.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
My bills are on auto pay and I often don’t realize I even paid them until I periodically check my account.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Elysiume posted:

I don't even spend hours per year making sure my bills are paid.

Well I am truly sorry to tell you this but you will never be the head of any household now or ever.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i will never be the head of a major household :(

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

dialhforhero posted:

My bills are on auto pay and I often don’t realize I even paid them until I periodically check my account.

lol, same.

But i'm a woman, so in that dude's world i'm dumb when it comes to pay bills.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

dialhforhero posted:

how does it feel to be rich

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

T-man posted:

how does it feel to be rich

Good :cool:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If someone is spending several hours a week doing home finances, they're dumber than a sack of bricks and no wonder he can't make himself a loving sandwich. He's too stupid to figure out the bread goes on the outside.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

If someone is spending several hours a week doing home finances, they're dumber than a sack of bricks and no wonder he can't make himself a loving sandwich. He's too stupid to figure out the bread goes on the outside.

Wait have the British been doing it wrong this whole time?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

When an adult male (it's always men) says they can't cook what they mean is they don't and won't cook. Cooking isn't hard to learn some basics if you make even the slightest bit of effort. I mean a child could buy a packet sauce and manage a stirfry or some pasta, it's not rocket science to help your partner.

One of my co-workers kept talking about how she always had to cook for the family (they have two kids) because the husband can't cook anything other than bacon. She divorced his rear end lol

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I thought I could cook until I was told I could not cook so I stopped cooking.

Edit: One of the first steps on working my way into poverty is cancel auto-pay stuff because I'll have like $500 on my account and think that's easily enough for fuel and food for 2 weeks and then autopay will kick in and I'll have $100 left and have to calculate how many more drives I can make to work before I have to skip work for lack of fuel for a few days until more money comes in.

The only thing I have on auto-pay is my cats insurance because if I miss that and she gets sick then we are both hosed.

Eschenique has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Oct 14, 2019

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

Wait have the British been doing it wrong this whole time?

The answer to that question is unequivocally yes

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

cohsae posted:

When an adult male (it's always men) says they can't cook what they mean is they don't and won't cook. Cooking isn't hard to learn some basics if you make even the slightest bit of effort. I mean a child could buy a packet sauce and manage a stirfry or some pasta, it's not rocket science to help your partner.

One of my co-workers kept talking about how she always had to cook for the family (they have two kids) because the husband can't cook anything other than bacon. She divorced his rear end lol

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with laundry too because most washing machines/dryers have 3 knobs at most that are clearly labeled.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cohsae posted:

It’s usually adult men but not always. My mom is friends with a couple who are well off and have a beautiful kitchen the wife designed herself and they never use it because neither of them can cook. They have a spotless $100k kitchen because they get takeout for literally every meal

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Conservative fantasy

"Hey Dad I want a smartphone"

"Well son I'll have to go out and suck dick and get railed in the rear end by strange men but ok!"

Reality

"No."

-fin

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

children should have smartphones, laptops, unlimited screen time and no online supervision, and these should be considered basic human rights

also pirating movies and music should be mandatory

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

bobjr posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with laundry too.

When I first moved out of home on my own, I didn't have a washing machine or dryer, so I had to do it at the local laundrette.

One time when I was there, (as a scruffy 20 something man), there was this old greek lady doing her washing too. She was surprised that I was A) washing my own clothes, and B) folding them up properly and putting them back in the basket.

At the time I felt disproportionately proud of myself for being able to do the very basic-est of adult activities. Now I feel happy that my mum made me and my brother learn how to do that kind of poo poo when we were at home.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:capitalism:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pentyne posted:

Conservative fantasy

"Well son I'll have to go out and suck dick and get railed in the rear end by strange men but ok!"

Reality

"No."

-fin

I mean, if the only two options are literally prostitution or not buying your t[]ween to teenager a phone similar to their friends, then yes they don't get a phone, but if this a general "adolescents shouldn't have smartphones," thing, you're basically this guy.
https://www.theonion.com/cool-dad-raising-daughter-on-media-that-will-put-her-en-1819572981

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

cohsae posted:

It's really not hard to look up recipes on the loving internet, throw it on your phone, and go. There's even easy poo poo on YouTube that'll walk you step by step through every part. I'm a cooking dumb dumb, and I can at least manage to make something nice for my friends, partner or shake up my own stupid food routine.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PicklePants posted:

It's really not hard to look up recipes on the loving internet, throw it on your phone, and go. There's even easy poo poo on YouTube that'll walk you step by step through every part. I'm a cooking dumb dumb, and I can at least manage to make something nice for my friends, partner or shake up my own stupid food routine.

You have to remember that these are a lot of the same dudes who don't wipe their asses because that's gay.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PicklePants posted:

It's 100% a pride/culture thing. I worked with a early 30s Hispanic guy who ended up asking me how I cooked. Not what I used, but literally "how". Turns out he went from his Mom's cooking to his girlfriends, and 10 years later things are rough and suddenly he's on his own. Too proud to go back to his mom for food he actually engaged me in how I learned to cook basics and I turned him on to some cooking channels and basic how-tos. A few weeks later he's doing basic stuff, rice, baked chicken, spaghetti, scrambled eggs, nothing fancy but solid filling home cooked food and he's so ecstatic that he's able to cook steaks Gordon Ramsay style with the thyme, garlic, and butter to a perfect medium rare.

Meanwhile the younger guys I know, early 20s are still living at home, not cooking, and when left alone while the parents are on vacation live off solely fast food for weeks.

There is no barrier to learning, especially if you have nothing other then a 5 day 9-5 job, no kids no 2nd job no college. People just choose to not learn because "why bother? someone else will always cook for me"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean yeah, if you talk to a CEO or other obnoxiously rich person in a personable way you can tell they’re a human being who has likes and interests and feelings like any other human being. I dunno what that’s supposed to prove or help though when they view their workers and other working “poor” as subhuman interchangeable peons at best
"Rich people are just people!"
"What about poor people? Are they people too?"
"No"

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

bobjr posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing with laundry too because most washing machines/dryers have 3 knobs at most that are clearly labeled.

I cut some slack on laundry, at least as far as washing other people's clothes goes. You should definitely be able to wash all of your own clothes, but keeping track of what pieces of other people's clothing goes into the dryer and what has to hang dry and what's a delicate? Meh. Make them do their own laundry.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Khizan posted:

I cut some slack on laundry, at least as far as washing other people's clothes goes. You should definitely be able to wash all of your own clothes, but keeping track of what pieces of other people's clothing goes into the dryer and what has to hang dry and what's a delicate? Meh. Make them do their own laundry.

Everything hang dries, it's so hot here that it takes about the same amount of time anyway :australia:

Knowing which bits of fancy underwear need to get special treatment is the real thing to watch out for.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Inceltown posted:

Everything hang dries, it's so hot here that it takes about the same amount of time anyway :australia:

Knowing which bits of fancy underwear need to get special treatment is the real thing to watch out for.

I'm in an apartment building, so I don't get to hang dry things anymore, but I remember there were some times in the summer where by the time I finished hanging up a load of washing the start of the load was done drying.

Adelaide heat is a monster.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Cleretic posted:

I'm in an apartment building, so I don't get to hang dry things anymore, but I remember there were some times in the summer where by the time I finished hanging up a load of washing the start of the load was done drying.

Adelaide heat is a monster.

Can confirm. Looking forward to our first 45 degree C (113F) day this year. :magical:

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

T-man posted:

children should have smartphones, laptops, unlimited screen time and no online supervision, and these should be considered basic human rights

also pirating movies and music should be mandatory

I was on the fence before but now I'm voting t-man 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Breetai posted:

Can confirm. Looking forward to our first 45 degree C (113F) day this year. :magical:

I'm guessing you're Australian.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

I'm guessing you're Australian.

Yes, Adelaide is in Australia. It also has a reputation for being the hot, sweaty rear end in a top hat of Australia.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It was 48°C here on the last day of February this year. And it's only going to get hotter.

:australia::hf::tif:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Intoluene posted:

Yes, Adelaide is in Australia. It also has a reputation for being the hot, sweaty rear end in a top hat of Australia.

See that’s the Gold Coast for me. I always assumed Adelaide was at least a little bit normal bc they grow grapes there. Let’s just say the entire coastline is the hot sweaty rear end

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And significant swathes of the interior!

... we're not exactly selling it, huh.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m inland about 3 hours and it hit 38 for a couple of days last week but somehow it was nicer than 32 on the Goldie. gently caress the Gold Coast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's a reason Australia was where England sent it criminals, and it wasn't because of their humanitarianism.