Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

You mean the GOP right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CyberPingu posted:

You mean the GOP right?

yeah and trump.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Some of those that work US forces, are the same that burn allies

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

ewiley posted:

Some of those who turn against allied forces, are the same that golf courses.

:effort:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/jendeben/status/1183682658355875840

of course, we all presumably saw this coming

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

"The same people that told me not to stab the sleeping homeless man in the gut are the people telling me not to suddenly yank the knife back out!"

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

eke out posted:

I never understand why the markets always go nuts after Trump tweets “success! Deal of the century signed!!!!” When it is always false bullshit.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I never understand why the markets always go nuts after Trump tweets “success! Deal of the century signed!!!!” When it is always false bullshit.

Rich people are just as dumb as everyone else.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Trump keeps teasing sanctions on Turkey but I have yet to hear anyone reliable say that this will happen

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Because short-term moves in stock markets are driven by emotional responses of daytraders and computer algorithms that read twitter headlines and make millisecond transactions based on 'sentiment' data. Almost all day-to-day trading on major markets are computer to computer transactions with almost no humans involved.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

ewiley posted:

Because short-term moves in stock markets are driven by emotional responses of daytraders and computer algorithms that read twitter headlines and make millisecond transactions based on 'sentiment' data. Almost all day-to-day trading on major markets are computer to computer transactions with almost no humans involved.

I want a Twitter bot farm to start posting that Trump shat his pants on stage and start the hashtag “#pantsshittingrules” or “#diaperdon” or something to see if we can get the people who make adult diapers to have an immediate bump in their stock prices.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

eke out posted:

Hype deal. Give China new leverage which they use to get concessions before they sign anything. The Art of the Deal.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183722535961202689

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Bottom Liner posted:

The fact that you didn’t mention Ukraine et all says more about the state of our society than your personal knowledge of world events

I didn't think that really met the criteria of the original question.

e: Though I'm probably just ignorant of the details of how much actual conflict/engagement occurred.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 14, 2019

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Donald Trump impeached for rigging Dancing With The Stars with a presidential endorsement.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ripoff posted:

I want a Twitter bot farm to start posting that Trump shat his pants on stage and start the hashtag “#pantsshittingrules” or “#diaperdon” or something to see if we can get the people who make adult diapers to have an immediate bump in their stock prices.
All this and not one #ishatmyselfonpurpose hashtag as a shout-out to Sharkey?

https://twitter.com/evilsharkey/status/864548377660317696

For shame. :colbert:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

God it’s been...one week since Trump decided to withdraw :psyduck:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hey guys it turns out there was never any phase 1 trade deal with China. You hate to see it. I mean we’ve seen the tweets but is it even necessary to confirm what we already knew. I guess investor confidence in a trade deal was bullshit again.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pants Donkey posted:

God it’s been...one week since Trump decided to withdraw :psyduck:

This made me think of the Barenaked Ladies song. Which is sad because I like that song.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It begins

https://mobile.twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1183729622338490368

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Is this closed or open testimony?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Solaris 2.0 posted:

the market is going up because the market is going up because the market is going up

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DarkHorse posted:

I think closed.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183693719914106880?s=19

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

eke out posted:

I think it was posted a couple of days ago that it's a pretty standard tactic by China to claim that they're ready to sign to promote the other party to go public with the deal, only for China to shove in more demands immediately afterwards and refuse to sign unless those demands are met.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183524771734183936

eat poo poo fucker. you let this happen. now loving lay it.

Ughh his top priority is apparently "make sure ISIS fighters do not physically come to the US"

This is some "the wall must be see-thru so you don't get hit by bales of drugs being hurled over the top" poo poo

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just a warning that on twitter if you search Kurds there is a video a journalist shot of a town that got shelled and it is gruesome. I wanted to see latest news and it was first tweet that showed up

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Very Normal Talk

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

DarkHorse posted:

definitely closed. the point of all this is to make sure these people can't coordinate their stories and that they get caught in any lie they tell

not that most of the people, so far, are hostile witnesses, but Volker and Sondland need to be viewed extremely skeptically even if they are nominally cooperating
also, confirmation this is happening:

https://twitter.com/LeeWolosky/status/1183727243408883712

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Impeachment schedule this week

quote:

Today: Trump's former top Russia adviser Fiona Hill is expected to speak today to three House panels behind closed doors as part of the impeachment probe into the President.

Tomorrow: Three Trump administration officials face subpoena deadlines – Vice President Mike Pence faces a deadline on a request for Ukraine-related documents sent earlier this month, while Defense Secretary Mark Esper and acting director of Office of Management and Budget Russ Vought both face a deadline on subpoenas requesting documents as part of the impeachment inquiry.

Wednesday: Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, associates of Rudy Giuliani face a subpoena deadline for documents. The subpoenas were issued the same day that the two were indicted by federal prosecutors. The subpoenas are separate from the indictment, in which federal prosecutors allege that Parnas and Fruman illegally funneled foreign money into US elections.

Thursday: US Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland is set to testify. He's a key witness, and his earlier scheduled appearance was canceled at the last minute due to objections from the State Department.

Friday: There are two more subpoena deadlines. Energy Secretary Rick Perry faces a subpoena deadline for documents related to the administration's dealings with Ukraine. House Democrats have also subpoenaed acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney for documents.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

I wonder if he knows that he released the transcript and THEN Schiff paraphrased it and is just lying, or if his brain is now so soft he actually can't remember

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Impeachment schedule this week

Hm. Really curious what Perry's gonna do. Probably whatever the most cowardly option is, depending on whom he perceives the most pressure.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

terrorist ambulance posted:

I wonder if he knows that he released the transcript and THEN Schiff paraphrased it and is just lying, or if his brain is now so soft he actually can't remember

i 100% believe that he has retroactively convinced himself that releasing the transcript was an EPIC OWN that everyone agrees proved that he caught Schiff in a lie

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

eke out posted:

i 100% believe that he has retroactively convinced himself that releasing the transcript was an EPIC OWN that everyone agrees proved that he caught Schiff in a lie

If you peck around Twitter, you'll find his supporters certainly think releasing the transcript was a master class in owning the libs.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

kidkissinger posted:

Rich people are just as dumb as everyone else.

I'd say dumber, because they generally don't have to learn from their mistakes.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

So who stays and leaves is decided by fan votes, and Spicer is still on? Bad viewers.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Wendell posted:

So who stays and leaves is decided by fan votes, and Spicer is still on? Bad viewers.

Nobody watches Dancing With The Stars unless they are a wine mom or decided to splurge and stay up a little bit longer after Wheel of Fortune

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SocketWrench posted:

Turkey is recruiting them you fat orange fucker

The enemy of my ally is US.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

turnip kid posted:

If you peck around Twitter, you'll find his supporters certainly think releasing the transcript was a master class in owning the libs.

This portends well for being able to overcome them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Raman_Ghavami/status/1183724662594981896?s=20