Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

maybe they just recognized the inherent lameness of the fire type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFn2r-iq_4

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Perhaps they could explain the reasoning behind making fossil pokemon 87.5% male and 12.5% female. Discourage breeding?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Perhaps they could explain the reasoning behind making fossil pokemon 87.5% male and 12.5% female. Discourage breeding?

it's how they all died out

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Andrast posted:

maybe they just recognized the inherent lameness of the fire type

:yeah:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ka0 posted:

Yes. That’s why all event Pokémon, including starters and Eevee, also have that gender percentage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Spin to Win

When gods ask to speak to your manager
https://twitter.com/Silent71Knight/status/1183463620707016705

Next week: final Z Moves

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll admit, that was a pretty good fight. Seems like we’ve only got 3 episodes left at this point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I found the best NPC in all of pokemon

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
After you beat the elite 4 don't forget to mass download all of the mystery gift exclusives. That DNS trick still works.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I found the best NPC in all of pokemon

:hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Spin to Win

Can't wait for Ash to beat up the Gods that are trying to ruin his victory.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't wait for Ash to beat up the Gods that are trying to ruin his victory.

Yeah Tapu Koko is getting smacked down

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whoa he put his hat on Pikachu yeah that's a fuckin win right there no doubt about it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So, I had more thoughts on Black and White 2. But right now I'm training before doing Skyla and getting a Drilbur and Tynamo up to snuff is way too fun. Thanks to Move Tutors, Excadrill will have stupid coverage (Earthquake/IronHead/RockSlide/X-Scissors) and Elektross will get Gigadrain, too. Delicious, specially after getting bummed that Liligant can only attack with grass attacks until post-game, or near postgame if i go with a hyperbeam.

Brief of it is that the game's way less elegant in its script compared to BW1, but once you hit mainland, the gyms become way more interesting (and Roxy's was already pretty nice), once you get to Clay the story becomes more nuanced, and the stretch from beating Clay to fighting Team Plasma's ship is super dope. Your options after that are way more fun, so i'm having fun training.
Was also extremely hyped when i wandered around the PWT, saw a cave, wandered around some more and found that Volcarona just sitting there at level 35.

Oh, and in researching movesets and stuff, I became very upset that Thunderstone only evolves Raichu, Jolteon and Elektross.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 14, 2019

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I know people in this thread have stated that the online-features of B/W diminish its replayability, what you feel about that?

Do you miss Dream World or w/e?
(I kinda do)...

Been wanting to buy B/W-2 for awhile; that and LGP/E are the only ones I don't own.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Iron Head is redundant on that set (Rock beats Ice, Ground beats Rock, and Fairy doesn't exist yet in B2W2).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

less laughter posted:

Iron Head is redundant on that set (Rock beats Ice, Ground beats Rock, and Fairy doesn't exist yet in B2W2).

STAB bonus though!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MoaM posted:

I know people in this thread have stated that the online-features of B/W diminish its replayability, what you feel about that?

Do you miss Dream World or w/e?
(I kinda do)...

Been wanting to buy B/W-2 for awhile; that and LGP/E are the only ones I don't own.

So far it hasn't been too bad. Dream World stuff isn't really that big of a deal, i'm playing on an emulator so being able to catch legendaries and stuff doesn't matter since I can't take these pokemon anywhere. The Join Avenue thing does sting a little bit, I like management games, and it'd be nice to remember why this one was so well-liked while SM's wasn't.

less laughter posted:

TheKingofSprings posted:

STAB bonus though!

(might go for hone claws or something, then, tho, thanks for pointing it out. All these years of playing makes my brain go "STAB=YES")

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I like that in Icirrus city cave there's some dude who gives you a random fossil every day and then I just soft reset in Nacrene city museum for good natures. Also filling up boxes upon boxes of wild Eevee from that patch in Castelia city underground. But breeding for egg moves and IVs is possibly better in X/Y and SM.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The spooky house in BW2 is very good, very spooky.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Also the remixed team plasma theme kicks butt and so does the legendary pony trio theme.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The spooky house in BW2 is very good, very spooky.

I love the Spooky House! the gimmick of it is SO GOOD. I think maybe it might be one of my favorite optional areas in the whole series.

as for the music, the Champion's theme in B2W2 might be my favorite Champion theme of them all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spatula City posted:

I love the Spooky House! the gimmick of it is SO GOOD. I think maybe it might be one of my favorite optional areas in the whole series.

as for the music, the Champion's theme in B2W2 might be my favorite Champion theme of them all.

I love how over the top the B2W2 Champion is.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

All three people in my household want Shield. This is a conundrum.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Congrats on being able to each save 66% of the price on the game by being able to just buy one copy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Take up the blade and show them the error of their ways.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Apparently the file size is out and Swoshi is ~10.3 GB if you want clear out space ahead of time.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Take up the blade and show them the error of their ways.

Yeah. I'm probably going to bend and get Sword.

The online trade options make it not matter as much anymore, but our kid likes to trade with us, and it's not as nifty to do so when everyone has the same version.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

My SO wants Sword because of Sif and I want Sword because of Sirfetch'd. But... She's a teacher and she hasn't finished a Pokemon game since White. :( Perhaps she'll be satisfied with a legendary trade, but she is very stubborn.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So each of you get the version you want, why would you have to buy different ones? :psyduck:

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

What version does everyone plan on getting, anyway?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Haven’t decided yet. I like sword wolf more than shield wolf but legendaries just get boxed anyway so whatever, sword also has the cooler exclusive gym leader so far. But if grapidash is a good evo it might sway me over.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 14, 2019

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Galarian Ponyta locked down Shield for me. I need that Pokémon and don’t want to have to trade for it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol if you aren't locked into the "first version" or "second version" based on whether you got red or blue as a kid, with X and Y as the exception where X counts as "second" because its box legend is blue and Y first because red.

Blue
Silver
Sapphire
Pearl
White
X
Don't got gen 7 yet but it's gonna be Moon I guarantee it
Same, Shield

Obviously, this is the cool antihero kid's lineup, and the other lineup is for normies and jocks who also think Agumon is cool. The version exclusive gym leaders and Sirfetch'd vs. Ponyta mean even nintendo considers this canon.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 14, 2019

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Avalerion posted:

So each of you get the version you want, why would you have to buy different ones? :psyduck:

Obviously this is a correct answer. Especially if it is more important to you to have the single game you want than to have both. But if this isn't the correct answer you want, the other correct answer, if what really matters to you is having both, is to suck it up and get shield for yourself ya dingus. First off, you only have control over yourself and your own choices (duh) so make the choice that gets you both versions if that matters to you. Secondly, you note she hasn't finished a game since White as if that makes you more deserving of getting the version you want but I don't think that's true. If anything, as a more casual fan, getting the version she wants is probably more significant to her enjoyment of it, not less. So yeah. Don't try to bully convince her into getting shield to make you happy, that's weird.

Edit: And trade for Sir Fetch'd.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 14, 2019

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Pokemon thread relationship advice: get shield version

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Spin to Win

It's gonna be lovely when Ash loses despite having an actual bond with his Pokémon as opposed to Tapu Koko who is just stronk. At least he won the title and they can't take that from him.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
I was Sword at first because I like the colour Blue more than Red, also usually prefer swords over shields.

While I wanted to stay blind, Galarian Ponyta was spoiled for me and now I want Shield.

I'm hoping the decision will be made for me and I just get the opposite of whatever my friend gets, but he is terrible at making decisions and usually wants me to choose stuff. He could trade me a Ponyta, since he Rapidash is a favourite of his so he'll definitely search one out, but I like catching my 'mons in particular Pokeballs and I know his lazy rear end won't bother doing that for me (or will, but whine about it).

Maybe I should just flip a coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, I had more thoughts on Black and White 2. But right now I'm training before doing Skyla and getting a Drilbur and Tynamo up to snuff is way too fun. Thanks to Move Tutors, Excadrill will have stupid coverage (Earthquake/IronHead/RockSlide/X-Scissors) and Elektross will get Gigadrain, too. Delicious, specially after getting bummed that Liligant can only attack with grass attacks until post-game, or near postgame if i go with a hyperbeam.

Brief of it is that the game's way less elegant in its script compared to BW1, but once you hit mainland, the gyms become way more interesting (and Roxy's was already pretty nice), once you get to Clay the story becomes more nuanced, and the stretch from beating Clay to fighting Team Plasma's ship is super dope. Your options after that are way more fun, so i'm having fun training.
Was also extremely hyped when i wandered around the PWT, saw a cave, wandered around some more and found that Volcarona just sitting there at level 35.

Oh, and in researching movesets and stuff, I became very upset that Thunderstone only evolves Raichu, Jolteon and Elektross.

Join Avenue completely shatters the difficulty curve once it opens

Every time I boot up Black 2, I grind money/levels off the Nimbasa Stadiums, then buy bulk items from my many shops in Black Mesa my avenue, and then continue the plot for a few hours