Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

StarkingBarfish posted:

A post that can only have been made by a cool original doritos liker.

Walkers MAX STRONG opinion: I'm not a fan. You can still taste the fuckers a day later and their flavours aren't great.
i do like the jalapeno ones. can eat a few bags of them until I cant see anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I was going to make a comment about crisps, but it upsets people so I won't bother posting.

Might un-bookmark.

But hey, at least the purges will have begun.

oval office.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TomKibasi/status/1183701799032754176?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

they just drag him, bleeding, into the public bogs

'want to get out of here with without your ankles broken?'

make him lick under the rims of the toilets, crying

break his ankles anyway and leave him lying in the stinking piss

terrible, shameful, vile

monsters

I know you and weetman are in a rocky place at the moment but I don't think this is the best way to deal with it.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

forkboy84 posted:

Good. loving hate sitting at the football. Worst thing about Ross County getting promoted to the Premiership was having to lose the terracing in the Jail End. Absolute crime.

This is devolved in Scotland isn’t it?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Absolutely nothing, if someone's tweets get deleted then retweets get counted as a deleted tweet by Politwoops.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Private business claim that Labour's plan to buy out private business is bad :thunkher:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

Imagine dragons.
Imagine there's no crispchat
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to snack or post for
And no Weetman, too

Imagine all the people
Forced to confront the hellworld of UK politics in 2019 without even amusing distractions or scorching takes.

Imagine.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

HJB posted:

Absolutely nothing, if someone's tweets get deleted then retweets get counted as a deleted tweet by Politwoops.

I think Paisley deleted his account quite a while ago though. Does twitter delay the deletion of retweets?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

OwlFancier posted:

I know you and weetman are in a rocky place at the moment but I don't think this is the best way to deal with it.

feel like pure poo poo just want her back x

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

duckmaster posted:

This is devolved in Scotland isn’t it?

Yes, and safe standing is I believe legal in Scotland. But just as a general rule, it is good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does anybody not just... entirely ignore figures in relation to the government?

Because literally every figure the government uses for everything is simply "infinitely more money than I will ever see" and also entirely unrelated to all the other figures.

Figures are meaningless, it's all just big number, everything costs big number, big number good or bad depending on who is speaking at the moment, care about big number, big number important to you, person who has no context for big number, big number spent on lots of things but no spending big number on this thing, or we run out of big number.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Flipswitch posted:

i do like the jalapeno ones. can eat a few bags of them until I cant see anymore

Yeah they're firmly in the category of "good Walkers". The only others in that category are the Max firey hot flavour and those tear and share bags that I haven't seen in ages.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Shout out to Rib 'n Saucy Nick Nacks too.

But yeah, Flamin' Hot MM followed by Pickled Onion

okay this HAS to be a bit

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

StarkingBarfish posted:

I think Paisley deleted his account quite a while ago though. Does twitter delay the deletion of retweets?

Seems like it, or maybe it was suspended and they finally got around to deleting it, something like that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Said earlier that if the Queen's Speech loses a vote then because the FTPA changed how it works, it would just mean Liz won't receive a letter thanking her for her speech. Johnson would merely be humiliated yet again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HJB posted:

Seems like it, or maybe it was suspended and they finally got around to deleting it, something like that.

According to a tweet in reply - he deleted his account two years ago.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
like there's a UK thread in CSPAM which is a perfect fit for people wanting to shitpost for pages on end about crisps or w/e

I don't think wanting to have a thread which mostly stays on topic to discuss politics and related stuff is too much to ask for

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I wonder what jezza's favourite crisp is

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

OwlFancier posted:

Does anybody not just... entirely ignore figures in relation to the government?

Because literally every figure the government uses for everything is simply "infinitely more money than I will ever see" and also entirely unrelated to all the other figures.

Figures are meaningless, it's all just big number, everything costs big number, big number good or bad depending on who is speaking at the moment, care about big number, big number important to you, person who has no context for big number, big number spent on lots of things but no spending big number on this thing, or we run out of big number.
Agreed. It'd be useful if there was a way to compare the amount spent to the amount actually needed for a given level of service. I mean, that's a pretty wooly metric, but still, some kind of actual context for the data would be good, you know? On average, how much does this surgery cost, how many are needed per year, how much is budgeted for, that kind of thing. Or just, we've worked out that people on average have health problems costing £x per year, and we're funding the NHS at £y per person per year.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Julio Cruz posted:

like there's a UK thread in CSPAM which is a perfect fit for people wanting to shitpost for pages on end about crisps or w/e

I don't think wanting to have a thread which mostly stays on topic to discuss politics and related stuff is too much to ask for

Or there's a discord, people could endlessly post about crisps there and keep it out the thread

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

According to a tweet in reply - he deleted his account two years ago.

Probably a suspension turned deletion then. Or, at most, Twitter hiding something, but I doubt it.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%22rt%20ian%20paisley%22&src=typd

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1183764319756062720?s=20

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Julio Cruz posted:

You're free to make your own serious thread for hard-headed men of politics instead of trying to change a community that's existed for years.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Julio Cruz posted:

Report it to a mod or something and stop posting about posters, which is 10000% more loving annoying. Some of us need a derail to prevent from having to just read the hellscape we are about to get into in less than 3 loving weeks.

Venuz Patrol posted:

okay this HAS to be a bit

The Spicy nik naks are the best but the rib n saucy ones are almost just as good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

its got far too many americans in for that to work

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I hate that i love kettle chips, the Toriest crisps

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

The lidl brand McCoys are the best crisps

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

You're free to make your own serious thread for hard-headed men of politics instead of trying to change a community that's existed for years.

yeah who even needs rules in here, the main UK politics thread

might as well let Pissflaps back in here if we're arguing that changing this thread is always automatically bad

CyberPingu posted:

Report it to a mod or something and stop posting about posters, which is 10000% more loving annoying. Some of us need a derail to prevent from having to just read the hellscape we are about to get into in less than 3 loving weeks.

the problem is that individual posts aren't the issue, it's the way that one singular mention of any corn snack immediately devolves into several pages of "ironic" arguments

it's exactly the same every time it happens, which is all the loving time

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

drat, hard to figure out why the BBC is poo poo on climate science now.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

might as well let Pissflaps back in here if we're arguing that changing this thread is always automatically bad

the problem is that individual posts aren't the issue, it's the way that one singular mention of any corn snack immediately devolves into several pages of "ironic" arguments

My friend you're allowed to ignore the snack-based posts

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CGI Stardust posted:

Agreed. It'd be useful if there was a way to compare the amount spent to the amount actually needed for a given level of service. I mean, that's a pretty wooly metric, but still, some kind of actual context for the data would be good, you know? On average, how much does this surgery cost, how many are needed per year, how much is budgeted for, that kind of thing. Or just, we've worked out that people on average have health problems costing £x per year, and we're funding the NHS at £y per person per year.

To be honest even that seems suspect, because, like, the entire economy of the UK is a maddeningly complicated thing, the idea that anyone who doesn't make it their full time job can actually understand it seems farcical.

More important is whether we should try to make things work. I don't give a poo poo how much it costs, people should have homes and health and a loving future. The cost, simply, isn't my problem, because I don't have any of the money, once we run out of rich assholes to squeeze I might start worrying about the costs.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

If its so bad then you could just try, i dunno, not reading this thread anymore :shrug:

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Huckle has gone to hell :toot:

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
Complaining about crispchat in a thread you don't post in has John Cleese transatlantic political hot take energy imo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ThomasPaine posted:

My friend you're allowed to ignore the snack-based posts

That's fine when it's one or two but if it's dozens of them then skipping becomes a right chore

Like food chat is usually fine when it's recipes and where to buy stuff and poo poo, but if it's just "what's the best flavor of monster munch" again and again then it's white noise posting of the highest order

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

If its so bad then you could just try, i dunno, not reading this thread anymore :shrug:

lmao did you really just try to pull "if you don't like it leave" in here, the United Kingdom Marxist Thread

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

lmao did you really just try to pull "if you don't like it leave" in here, the United Kingdom Marxist Thread

Sometimes, my dude, removing yourself from situations that cause you grief is the best medicine

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Chocolate is better than crisps. Although the rum and cocoa crisps that tesco did for a while were a perversion that mixed the worst of all three worlds and somehow became good as a result.

Also the only way British politics could get dumber would be if it started being narrates by Steven Pinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

Posting in a thread on a dumb comedy forum is the same as having a place to live, a thing you just said. Crisp posts are poo poo but steady on.