Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Question IRL posted:

CTH = Chapo Trap House?

Yeah it is a good episode and each review is very different. I normally hate the movie episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I watched Joker and liked it well enough but not sure if I'd watch it again soon. Though I think once he's in full Joker garb at the end Phoenix is a pretty good looking Joker. We did have a trailer for the Birds of Prey movie and it looked interesting. I haven't read a lot of Harley Quinn so for people who have and have seen the trailer is that how Quinn acts these days?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Soonmot posted:

You see some in Crime Alley at the end. They were big, I remember, because I was way more interested in that than everything else going on in the movie.

what if they accidentally made the cgi rats too big, and rather than correct it they just added a line about mutant rats to the news at the start

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

Chekhov’s smoking rat

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is something that came up with the Telltale game as well, but Batman to me works better as a nigh-obsessed individual trying to accomplish a hopeless thing VS the Waynes are lovely because they're rich, so Batman is cleaning up his stupid parents mess

I don't understand why so many writers are intent on this "Batman is bad, actually" thing. I get the feeling if these same people were writing Captain America in the late 70s/80s instead of Kirby and Gruenwald we would've ended up with Chris Evans talking about which country the letter on his head stands for.
I think it's the mix of the Moore-ish strain of reading comic books with Batman having a reputation as being the "grounded, realistic superhero" along with the idea that it is intrinsically mature and interesting if everything is lovely.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

[quote="bessantj" post="4990361I haven't read a lot of Harley Quinn so for people who have and have seen the trailer is that how Quinn acts these days?
[/quote]
Yeah, she is basically Deadpool with boobs.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, she is basically Deadpool with boobs.

Well Lady Deadpool has some competition. Do you think the BoP film will be good?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

bessantj posted:

Well Lady Deadpool has some competition. Do you think the BoP film will be good?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Great use of comic panels that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Suicide Squad set leaks
http://www.justjared.com/2019/10/11/the-suicide-squad-cast-spotted-in-costume-for-big-group-scene-new-photos/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 12, 2019

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I hope this is another X-Force style bit.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is The Sentry. He's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by him. His infini-tendrils can make you live your worst nightmares.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Lunatic Sledge posted:

what if they accidentally made the cgi rats too big, and rather than correct it they just added a line about mutant rats to the news at the start

The Departed should have done this

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I think that Sentry looking guy is Flula Borg, so that character is probably German.....I don't know if that narrows it down.

There's almost no way this crew isn't the one that I assume dies in the beginning of the movie.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The roles are in the link. Borg is playing Javelin.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Fine, uhg, I'll click the buggy-rear end link.

Not sure I trust that list but Javelin and Mongal look spot on.

vvvvvvv that would have been hilarious.

Like Jared Leto is how Harley sees the Joker but everyone else sees Pete Davidson who plays him like an unfunny twat.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 12, 2019

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I’m actually disappointed that Pete isn’t playing The Joker.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I have no idea who those characters are, except Captain Boomerang. I bet he's actually going to throw them at people this time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Captain Boomerang should have been Seth Rogan. Kind of dig his jacket, though.

And gently caress I haaaaaate Pete Davidson. I don't even want to see him brutally killed when the gov decides to do SS without Waller.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is the babyface guy who looks incredibly awkward in that turbo gunsuit davidson

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Finally saw joker last night. Thoughts. Boring and cringy until Subway killing Then actually got tense. I liked it.

As a side thought, it made me realize that the archtypal Batman era for me isn't 30's esque noir, but more 80's neo-noir grime.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

site posted:

is the babyface guy who looks incredibly awkward in that turbo gunsuit davidson

Yes and I don't understand why people hate him outside of general hipster hate, he's genuinely funny (bad at SNL though)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/acciodanvers/status/1183165152771727361

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Teach her your wisdom, lesbians.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yes and I don't understand why people hate him outside of general hipster hate, he's genuinely funny (bad at SNL though)
From what tiny little bit of pop culture I absorb, he acted kinda creepy and weird about stuff after breaking up with Ariana Grande or something? Or being dumped by her? I forget. I think a lot of the ill will came from that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BrianWilly posted:

Teach her your wisdom, lesbians.

From what tiny little bit of pop culture I absorb, he acted kinda creepy and weird about stuff after breaking up with Ariana Grande or something? I think a lot of the ill will came from that.

I'm not sure that's even fair to blame him for, he's been open about his struggles with bipolar disorder. Not to say that's an excuse or anything.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Arist posted:

I'm not sure that's even fair to blame him for, he's been open about his struggles with bipolar disorder. Not to say that's an excuse or anything.

You're right, it's not an excuse, so I don't know why you even bothered mentioning it 🙄

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

From what tiny little bit of pop culture I absorb, he acted kinda creepy and weird about stuff after breaking up with Ariana Grande or something? Or being dumped by her? I forget. I think a lot of the ill will came from that.

Yeah I can't seem to find any evidence of that and given that her super fans are loving psychos I'm gonna hold my judgments. I typically just believe the woman in these situations but she had nothing negative to say about him up until her petty-rear end song dropped so I don't have a clue.

If he gets canceled then so be it but til then I like him and I look forward to him getting completely obliterated for laughs in the Suicide Squad.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
arguably two kinds of relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqpak5lFxvs

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sgt. Politeness posted:

He recently did a set at a college and called out the audience for not laughing at his stuff of being on their phones or something and it was just eghhhhhh.

Before that it was just him being everywhere and being way, wayyyyy too candid about their relationship (something like "I thank god everytime we have sex/i see her pussy").

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

He recently did a set at a college and called out the audience for not laughing at his stuff of being on their phones or something and it was just eghhhhhh.

I do hate it when comedians get sensitive about that poo poo, I get that it's annoying or whatever but it's a part of the job. I also hate this new trend of super "liberal" comedians complaining about woke/PC culture ruining comedy because people on Twitter didn't like their one pedophilia joke.

To stay relatively on topic Marc Maron shat all over Todd Philipps' excuse for not doing comedy anymore in the intro to a recent WTF and I found it extra hilarious because he's in Joker.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Pete Davidson is the living embodiment of MTV2 hit show ridiculousness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He went from Ariana Grande to Kate Beckinsale so the dude is doing something right.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I thought Joker was pretty good. In fact, I'll say it's the first DC movie I would like to see a second time since The Dark Knight. It's not perfect or the best I've ever seen, but it kept me interested.

I actually liked getting suckered in by the unfortunate guy who has a condition and gets completely failed by the healthcare system, not being bothered when he kills 3 people who could not be sympathetic in the slightest, and then getting flipped on my rear end when he kills a completely innocent Zazie Beets outta nowhere.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Joker was alright but gently caress the ending with the riot being the cause of Bruce parents death. The Wayne's death should be completely random because that's what crime can be. An evil act by some random guy can cause tragedy at any time. The idea of it being because the joker and that it's almost like a payback of sorts for Thomas being an rear end in a top hat is just wrong to me.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Monaghan posted:

Joker was alright but gently caress the ending with the riot being the cause of Bruce parents death. The Wayne's death should be completely random because that's what crime can be. An evil act by some random guy can cause tragedy at any time. The idea of it being because the joker and that it's almost like a payback of sorts for Thomas being an rear end in a top hat is just wrong to me.

I kinda felt like that scene could easily be interpreted as Arthur’s fantasy/delusion. He obviously didn’t see that happen. However, if he heard about it after the fact, I could easily see him going “oh, that must have been one of my guys!!” Especially considering we cut right to a psychological interview/evaluation right after we see that moment.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I thought Joker was pretty good. In fact, I'll say it's the first DC movie I would like to see a second time since The Dark Knight. It's not perfect or the best I've ever seen, but it kept me interested.

I actually liked getting suckered in by the unfortunate guy who has a condition and gets completely failed by the healthcare system, not being bothered when he kills 3 people who could not be sympathetic in the slightest, and then getting flipped on my rear end when he kills a completely innocent Zazie Beets outta nowhere.

I still don't get that, did the film confirm Beets death in anyway? I might have missed something

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Karloff posted:

I still don't get that, did the film confirm Beets death in anyway? I might have missed something

Nah, just heavily heavily implied it

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bessantj posted:

Well Lady Deadpool has some competition.

Lady Deadpool's been dead for a while. Now we have Gwenpool in that spot.

This reminds me that Kid Deadpool and Kidpool are two separate characters that exist. I miss Kid Deadpool. He was fun.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

His Chad character is pretty great and he's had some good Weekend Update bits here and there. But I can see why people don't like the guy.

BrianWilly posted:

He was more open about it during the dating, which was summed up as, "This is awesome, I don't know how I pulled this off and I'm totally going to screw it up." After they broke up, he treated it as a coy elephant in the room on the show. Like he realized that he was very much media relevant on a show that deals with such topics, but did not want to actually discuss any of it. Grande was annoyed that he was referencing it in any way to begin with.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1183739370529943554

Time to get that Hawkeye recast in the works before the Disney+ show hits...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Read the article, they're embroiled in a very messy custody battle. I'm not saying he didn't do this but they've been sniping at each other for a while. And in case it's not clear, she claims he put the gun in his own mouth, not hers.