Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I kind of wish they'd just give every infantry model a 'size' stat and have that be how many transport spaces a model takes up. Guardsmen would be one, marines two, Primaris three, Terminators four, and Gravis six (for example).

Mostly that makes me chuckle at the idea of shoving literally a battalion of guard into a single Repulsor with room to spare, but also a sense of :getin: when you could fit a max size squad of Assault Terminators into a Stormlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Strobe posted:

I kind of wish they'd just give every infantry model a 'size' stat and have that be how many transport spaces a model takes up. Guardsmen would be one, marines two, Primaris three, Terminators four, and Gravis six (for example).

One of the odd times out when forgeworld rules actually make more sense - most of the large fw transports work like that, though they stop just sort of having a full-on epiphany and actually assigning a size stat. I wonder if they would have arrived at that eventually if the primarising hadn't happened.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

I mean you're not wrong in case. If I could I would've totally modelled a bunch of intercessors sitting on the edges of one.

That would be awesome!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Booley posted:

Primaris hands are literally bigger, so they can't operate the door controls, or fit their finger into trigger grips. This is why a primaris chaplain can ride in a valkyrie in a book, someone else let him in.

The fact is the Primaris Marines are like Ogryns. Too scared to ride in transports because it is too dark without help.

Cawl installed nightlights in the new hover ones.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The fact is the Primaris Marines are like Ogryns. Too scared to ride in transports because it is too dark without help.

Cawl installed nightlights in the new hover ones.

You can pay 4pts extra for soothing music to play

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
45lbs is like 60$ right?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

45lbs is like 60$ right?

45lbs is about 20 kilos

45gbp is about 56 USD

The Impulsor is $75 over here

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

45lbs is about 20 kilos

45gbp is about 56 USD

The Impulsor is $75 over here

That's aussie "over here," right? 75$ for an 80 pt transport?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

Nope :911:

Edit: characters are 40USD, Infiltrators are 60USD.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Strobe posted:

I was mostly aimed at the Inquisitor list with five total models. The Commissar list is... less of a disaster waiting to happen. Eleven models is still on the low side for Guard that's not bringing a huge brace of special weapons, though.

Ah yeah, no I guessed it would be bad to spend so much on one model but I was hoping someone would essentially say "ah no actually it's not that bad because..." and talk about some rule or way the game is played I hadn't figured out. It was a long shot.

I think I'm happy with "you aren't going to get pasted but it's also not that good". One guy may bring an awesome ork kill team but I think everyone else is just bringing whatever. I have to lend a friend some grey Knights to take, but at least when they have 5 models it's because each one is pretty awesome.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would love to know why DW don't get Impulsors.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^^
They are a different faction and their book is a year older than the kit?

mango sentinel posted:

Nope :911:

Edit: characters are 40USD, Infiltrators are 60USD.

Gross.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would love to know why DW don't get Impulsors.

I hope they get an entirely different bespoke transport, because just being Marines++ is dumb and boring.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Let the vanilla marines have their own toys.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Just let Primaris marines board the Corvus Blackstar, you cowards.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

45lbs is like 60$ right?

If you wait a few months 45 sterling is going to be USD30

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Z the IVth posted:

Wow someone is optimistic.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Eifert Posting posted:

^^^^

When the new marine codex came out they made a case by case choice to let some of the "non core" chapters use the new toys. Deathwatch were actively excluded from most of it and only Grey Knights got it worse.

GW actively works against the faction and Im not sure why.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

I hope they get an entirely different bespoke transport, because just being Marines++ is dumb and boring.

That would be cool and good. Primaris Corvus.

Eifert Posting posted:

Didn't stop them from getting Executioners.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Z the IVth posted:

Lol as if this is going to change prices anywhere.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I like the new Incursor helmets, they evoke the old Mark VII frowny faces while still looking like a progression from them. On the other hand, Jesus Christ they need to stop using words that begin with "I"/end in "or" when naming Primaris units

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
FAQ the repulsor to take a 14 pt 4++ save thing. Why can you glue one to a transport but not your MBT?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

JBP posted:

FAQ the repulsor to take a 14 pt 4++ save thing. Why can you glue one to a transport but not your MBT?

I'll take this for my Executioner. I really want to like them outside of Iron Hands, but every time I take one as Ultramarines it gets nuked way too fast.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eifert Posting posted:

It will be $110 in Australia. 45gbp is like $85aud, but we pay McDonald's employees $24 an hour so whatever.

Mef989 posted:

I'll take this for my Executioner. I really want to like them outside of Iron Hands, but every time I take one as Ultramarines it gets nuked way too fast.

Get two.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I need to strike up a derivative market here.
A GW Model for hours of McDonald's labor swap.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Mef989 posted:

JBP posted:

Get two.

Or three!

Alternatively, try a Deredeo Dreadnaught from Forge World with the Atomantic Pavaise and get the same 5++ to everything in 6" the way the Iron Father does. You won't have the other IH benefits (6+++, double wounds on the damage chart) but it'll still be roughly 1/3 tougher against the big anti-tank guns. Stick an Ultramarine Techmarine behind the Executioner as well to help it along with some 1d3 healing. Still not as tough as Iron Hands, but then again, what is? :shrug:

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

PierreTheMime posted:

I just won a Shadowspear box at a LGS tournament and officially have no excuse not to get my Primaris army rolling.
Bit late, but you didn’t happen to have won that box at the charity tournament at Giga in Marietta, did you? I definitely saw a guy win one on Saturday.

I was the guy playing ten dreadnoughts and literally nothing else

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Coldbird posted:

Bit late, but you didn’t happen to have won that box at the charity tournament at Giga in Marietta, did you? I definitely saw a guy win one on Saturday.

How'd "All Dreads All the Time" work out for you?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Or three!

Alternatively, try a Deredeo Dreadnaught from Forge World with the Atomantic Pavaise and get the same 5++ to everything in 6" the way the Iron Father does. You won't have the other IH benefits (6+++, double wounds on the damage chart) but it'll still be roughly 1/3 tougher against the big anti-tank guns. Stick an Ultramarine Techmarine behind the Executioner as well to help it along with some 1d3 healing. Still not as tough as Iron Hands, but then again, what is? :shrug:

I thought he deredeo was worded as "wholly within." Didn't someone post that they're measured and the repulsor is just too big?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Mef989 posted:

I thought he deredeo was worded as "wholly within." Didn't someone post that they're measured and the repulsor is just too big?

It's fine:

quote:

If equipped with an atomantic pavaise, all friendly <CHAPTER> units within 6" of the Relic Deredeo Dreadnought gain a 5+ invulnerable save. This invulnerable save does not stack with or improve existing invulnerable saves.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's actually bonkers I might get one to shore up the executioner firing position.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Coldbird posted:

Hey, yeah that was me! :) I meant to ask you if you actually run them as Salamanders or did you go Iron Hands to make the world hate you?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Mef989 posted:

That is in the FAQ now that I look at it:

Imperial Armor FAQ posted:

Page 29
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought,
Atomantic Pavaise
Change the first sentence of this ability to read:
‘If equipped with an atomantic pavaise, all friendly <Chapter> units that are wholly within 6" of the RelicDeredeo Dreadnought gain a 5+ invulnerable save.’

But I don't see how if the Deredeo was touching the middle side of a Repulsor that it wouldn't be wholly within 6". It's not THAT big, surely?

ASCII demo posted:

--------
| Ex |....~
|.......|( Der )
|____|....~

It might be a little limiting to move around with a couple of Executioners essentially glued to the side of your Eddy, but it should be possible I think?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

jng2058 posted:

But I don't see how if the Deredeo was touching the middle side of a Repulsor that it wouldn't be wholly within 6". It's not THAT big, surely?

It might be a little limiting to move around with a couple of Executioners essentially glued to the side of your Eddy, but it should be possible I think?

You measure from the hull, so maybe entire hull.

E: the hull fits if they're next to each other.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

jng2058 posted:

It's possible, but there's about 1/2" of error margin, so you're hosed as soon as you need to move or there's any terrain.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Booley posted:

It's possible, but there's about 1/2" of error margin, so you're hosed as soon as you need to move or there's any terrain.

I'm pretty much planning to go get myself an Iron Father and go Iron Hands myself, but if you wanna Ultra and have a stationary Executioner - Deredeo - Executioner battery in the backline somewhere, I guess it is technically possible! :shrug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

jng2058 posted:

I'm pretty much planning to go get myself an Iron Father and go Iron Hands myself, but if you wanna Ultra and have a stationary Executioner - Deredeo - Executioner battery in the backline somewhere, I guess it is technically possible! :shrug:

I'm willing to try this. Having a 5+ for your back objective holders is still a very fine thing. Having your back objective held by this guy and an Executioner with some los would be a cool party. Lock down a quarter of the board and it will probably screw a smash captain out of doing his thing and totalling your Executioner.

I'd rather have an alive executioner on turn three than one that did something turn one and died is what I'm thinking. I run stealthy so it's a 2+/5++ against shooting turn one which is really nice for a 200pt insurance policy that also shits out S8 W2 for primaris marine removal.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I finally finished something!

Brings my Intercessors to 9. Next is the last sarge and a couple infiltrators.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Forgeworld showed us an atomantic pavise for the Dodo about 4 or 5 years ago then never put it up for sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

adamantium|wang posted:

Forgeworld showed us an atomantic pavise for the Dodo about 4 or 5 years ago then never put it up for sale

I'd just stick on an admech bit