Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I get that, but they're not even pretending to protect the officer who did it. They named him, said he resigned, said he faced charges, etc. None of this "thin blue line" bullshit that we've heard before.

Now, whether they actually follow through on their words is another matter entirely. But it's at least off to a good start.

Lol if they're doing this I bet he has some awful text messages or some horrible poo poo on facebook or stormfront or something if they're completely hanging him out to dry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Taerkar posted:

Someone check his 'Word a day' calendar.

Trump's vocabulary shrinks every day, so it's clear that this was Dan Scavino or an intern.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah an intern wrote this. "Abuts" is way too advanced.

I know no one should ever give him the benefit of the doubt but 'abut' PRIMARILY comes up in real estate. So there's like at least a 50% chance he knows what it means.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Flesh Forge posted:

The US needs a big constantly updated sign that says "IT HAS BEEN ### DAYS MINUTES SINCE POLICE KILLED A PERSON"

FYP

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

So the new spin is that the reason we were in Syria in the first place was to defend Assad? I would attribute it to Trump being dumb but he obviously didnt write that so more than one person approves of the message.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dubar posted:

So the new spin is that the reason we were in Syria in the first place was to defend Assad? I would attribute it to Trump being dumb but he obviously didnt write that so more than one person approves of the message.

It’s certainly a Russian based narrative of events.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

skylined! posted:

For once it's the republican crying about the dog dunking on them.

For real. In some vague sense I'm glad for a non-military retaliation (momentarily setting aside the fact that it's a situation he caused in the first place), but to everyone except his "5th Avenue" supporters, this is a profoundly weak response.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Jesus Christ of course. OF COURSE

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Trump literally re-founded ISIS.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dubar posted:

Yeah it's a very 4chan edgelord line of defense so of course it's from Miller or Don Jr.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

[Trump voice] ACTUALLY, you DO have to HAND IT to ISIS!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

luxury handset posted:

yeah, trying to steer movement atheism means getting in constant online arguments with internet atheists and that'll wear you down over a long enough period of time

But it’s important and necessary work to do. It’s insane to me that people ITT are posting poo poo like “can’t get a job in my state if you’re an out atheist” (and try adopting in some states) and we all just shrug slightly and go “eh” like that’s cool because it’s really a non-problem to most liberals.

There’s this implicit idea that “out atheist” equals “bored upper class white male/possible Islamophobe, definitely a mansplainer” on the left and it’s horseshit. It’s one of the major reasons why so many lgbtq people have felt the need to lead with their professed faith and aggressively perform normative religiousness in order to be deemed as ‘acceptable enough’.

It hobbles the left’s ability to adequately push back on the encroachment of evangelical fascism and Christian dominionism when everything we try to accomplish has to come with a caveat. We want secularism but not *too much* secularism that it might be unwelcoming or Communism.

This mindset does real, lasting damage to kids and communities where the curriculum has been taken over by nativist/fascist and anti-evidence indoctrination. It has a trickle-down effect on the businesses that can exist in a community and what services are available. Who provides the services and what kinds of people they choose to serve or the environment that they choose to provide. What happens to you if you go to a certain hospital.

We read stories all of the time about teenagers who were denied birth control or were forced into having their rapist’s baby or trans students who lack any recourse from their toxic parents and we seethe but when the time comes to put pen to paper and legislate, Democrats- from the legislators to the voters- always wanna prioritize The Big Tent over doing the needful.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How about when introducing yourself with the words

“As a parent”

“As a home owner”

“As a Christian”

That never ends well

For real, Theflyingorc is just picking out people he personally doesn’t like and I’m not here for it.

For every obnoxious vegan there’s 200 dudes (always dudes) ready crawl out of the woodwork and performatively eat a rack of ribs at vegans and I’ve noticed that it’s kind of the same with liberals and atheists. Like car dudes getting REALLY loving MAD at Priuses for existing.

Especially now that the Alt-right has become its own open, acknowledged thing with tons of proud blackpilled atheists in its ranks, you’d think you could tease two groups apart.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

It never went away.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

It never went away.

But was largely not a functional force in the field anymore.

Now it is again.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
it's our old friend the media bias chart:

https://twitter.com/dliebelson/status/1183820187360989185

More evidence that Rudy's friends have been well established in the GOP since at least 2016
https://twitter.com/joroulette/status/1183830989044437005

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 14, 2019

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Ague Proof posted:

I appreciate this for the "there is always a tweet" dig it is.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LMartinezABC/status/1183842672970289153

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

So which Right Wing Think Tank funds the “All Sides” group?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Lmfao at nyt being as far left wing as literally any media is right wing

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
I'm supposed to believe that MSNBC's news coverage is equally as left as Jacobin?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GlyphGryph posted:

it's even worse because they say the NYT opinion page is far left.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

More evidence that Rudy's friends have been well established in the GOP since at least 2016

Imagine thinking the loving NYT that has "friendly fascist down the street" stories is on the left lmao. Like think how stupid you have to be

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Just fuckin' l-o-l at the idea that the NYT is as far left as Jacobin.

This chart is asinine.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The Mercator projection for centrists.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

By what definition is the NYT opinion section more left than even its news division

Is Jamelle Bouie just single-handedly dragging the entire op-ed sector of that paper from "leans right"?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Electric Bugaloo posted:

But it’s important and necessary work to do. It’s insane to me that people ITT are posting poo poo like “can’t get a job in my state if you’re an out atheist” (and try adopting in some states) and we all just shrug slightly and go “eh” like that’s cool because it’s really a non-problem to most liberals.

There’s this implicit idea that “out atheist” equals “bored upper class white male/possible Islamophobe, definitely a mansplainer” on the left and it’s horseshit. It’s one of the major reasons why so many lgbtq people have felt the need to lead with their professed faith and aggressively perform normative religiousness in order to be deemed as ‘acceptable enough’.

It hobbles the left’s ability to adequately push back on the encroachment of evangelical fascism and Christian dominionism when everything we try to accomplish has to come with a caveat. We want secularism but not *too much* secularism that it might be unwelcoming or Communism.

This mindset does real, lasting damage to kids and communities where the curriculum has been taken over by nativist/fascist and anti-evidence indoctrination. It has a trickle-down effect on the businesses that can exist in a community and what services are available. Who provides the services and what kinds of people they choose to serve or the environment that they choose to provide. What happens to you if you go to a certain hospital.

We read stories all of the time about teenagers who were denied birth control or were forced into having their rapist’s baby or trans students who lack any recourse from their toxic parents and we seethe but when the time comes to put pen to paper and legislate, Democrats- from the legislators to the voters- always wanna prioritize The Big Tent over doing the needful.

For real, Theflyingorc is just picking out people he personally doesn’t like and I’m not here for it.

For every obnoxious vegan there’s 200 dudes (always dudes) ready crawl out of the woodwork and performatively eat a rack of ribs at vegans and I’ve noticed that it’s kind of the same with liberals and atheists. Like car dudes getting REALLY loving MAD at Priuses for existing.

Especially now that the Alt-right has become its own open, acknowledged thing with tons of proud blackpilled atheists in its ranks, you’d think you could tease two groups apart.

Ye gods, this post

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

SubG posted:

The Mercator projection for centrists.

:perfect:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

GlyphGryph posted:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Just fuckin' l-o-l at the idea that the NYT is as far left as Jacobin.

This chart is asinine.

quote:

Prior to his career in technology, AllSides co-founder and president John Gable was a professional Republican operative who worked for President George H. W. Bush, Senator Mitch McConnell, and the Republican National Committee. While he now lives in San Francisco, John is originally from Kentucky coal mining country, which has become a heartland of Trump supporters. He remains a proud, active Republican today.

Joan Blades, co-founder of our non-profit schools program and our partner Living Room Conversations, co-founded the progressive groups Moms Rising and MoveOn.org, which has raised millions of dollars for left-wing candidates. She is from Berkeley — one of the most progressive areas in the country. She still lives there and remains a proud, active Democrat today.

Scott McDonald, co-founder of AllSides and technology lead, is more centrist and less active politically. As an early online community entrepreneur, he remains dedicated to transparency, and that feeds his passion for revealing media bias across the political spectrum. However, he did intern for Republican Slade Gorton in the 1990s.

AllSides is proud to be a mix of people from all over the political bias spectrum. Take a look at the TED Talk that John and Joan did together on bursting filter bubbles to see just how we work together across our differences for the common good.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Notoriously far left "NYT Opinion section"

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
i was going to say "well what if it's old" but nah that copyright is 2019 lmao

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Let me respond to this. As a Blitzcrank main, ....

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

quote:

John Gable, a former Republican operative and technologist from Netscape and Microsoft, teamed up with Scott McDonald, an independent web expert from Check Point Software, to launch AllSides.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
A pretty good breakdown

https://twitter.com/EdwardGLuce/status/1183718809942839299

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Lol if they're doing this I bet he has some awful text messages or some horrible poo poo on facebook or stormfront or something if they're completely hanging him out to dry

I saw the bodycam video and I'm not sure what defense they could possibly put on it. He didn't identify as police, he was skulking outside her house, saw someone in a window and screamed "show me your hands show me your handsBLAM". It was only a matter of time before that coward murdered someone.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

How AllSides Calculates Media Bias
AllSides rates media bias using a patented media bias detection and display technology that drives what is arguably the world's most effective and up-to-date media bias detection engine. It's powered by the best statistical research and methodologies. We've rated the bias of nearly 600 media outlets and writers.

You help to drive the media bias ratings.
What you do at AllSides affects our media bias ratings. That includes how you rate your own bias and how you rate the bias of news sites on our Media Bias Ratings page, in our blind bias surveys, and throughout our site. All of this is taken into account in our data, which includes multiple methodologies and is statistically normalized to represent the average judgement of Americans.

AllSides uses multiple methods for calculating media bias ratings.
Our blind bias survey, described in the graphic below, represents our most robust media bias rating method, but it is not the only method we use. A source might openly share its bias, or it may be determined by third party research, an independent review, or an editorial review. Take a look at the multiple methods AllSides uses to measure and rate media bias.

:thunk:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Center-right wankfest

"She's from Berkley though!" :byodood:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BarzanSadiq/status/1183843984940195841

This guy is wrong, it’s easy to measure the damage. They’ll see how high the Kurds bodies will stack and Trump will have his wall

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

That aught to do it, thanks Ray.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Fun reminder before winning the governorship in 2018, he won his house seat in 2016 using data that was stolen from the HRC campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Chart is incomplete.

I need to know where the SRA Slack falls.