Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Stravag posted:

The witness murder or the lady who got shot for standing infront of her window with a gun in the house,

Uh, not sure I understand your question, but this is the Fort Worth case and the officer that shot was named, and resigned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I was thinking maybe they had named the officer and fired them for giving the "dont say we were behind this or else" messages on twitter about the guyger witness who was killed. Not thinking clearly im on 36 hours no sleep atm

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The video's real bad.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That officer hosed up big time, should at the very least be charged with negligent homicide.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grem posted:

Fort Worth police chief apparently figured out this was going to be bad and can't cover it up.

Named the officer, said he would have fired him today if he didn't resign, gave evidence to the FBI for civil rights violation.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1183812427651137536?s=20

mlmp08 posted:

The video's real bad.

I was expecting at least a few seconds between "put your hands up show me your hands" and the officer murdering the woman. Instead it appears that he fired as he was saying it.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 14, 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Obviously easy to Monday Morning Quarterback, but why didn't they just knock on her door to check on her?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

SimonCat posted:

Obviously easy to Monday Morning Quarterback, but why didn't they just knock on her door to check on her?

Now you've done it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Maybe this cop was on to something and he beat Zork faster than anyone else.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
This is definitely a BTK/Golden State Killer scenario I tell myself as I ignore all contextual clues to the contrary and proceed to stealthily infiltrate the backyard and shine flashlights all over the goddamn place.

None of it makes any sense. gently caress that guy.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Also I seriously doubt firing him would've ended well considering police are the one entity in this tinpot plutocracy who actually have functioning unions. People get pissed about cops receiving compensation while an investigation is ongoing but firing someone is basically saying "you're clearly bad at your job but we have no interest in determining if you are criminally negligent".

Disregard all of the above if you assume all internal investigations are fixed.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Jesus loving Christ your goddamned av

brains
May 12, 2004

Fallom posted:

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1183812427651137536?s=20

I was expecting at least a few seconds between "put your hands up show me your hands" and the officer murdering the woman. Instead it appears that he fired as he was saying it.

reminder that in texas, if this exact same situation had happened (skulking around the house with a flashlight and a gun at 2am, starts yelling at her from outside her bedroom window), and the guy wasn't wearing a badge, the woman would have been 100% within her legal right to shoot him right then and there, and would have been applauded for doing so by the 2A/fox news crowd.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

brains posted:

reminder that in texas, if this exact same situation had happened (skulking around the house with a flashlight and a gun at 2am, starts yelling at her from outside her bedroom window), and the guy wasn't wearing a badge, the woman would have been 100% within her legal right to shoot him right then and there, and would have been applauded for doing so by the 2A/fox news crowd.

only if they were white

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News/status/1183892349371457536?s=19

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
As much as that guy sucks individually it makes me wonder how hosed up that department is all together .

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Glad this has been handled so well so far.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Good.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SimonCat posted:

Because this guy was brand new to the job and didnt know what the gently caress he was doing. Now an innocent woman is dead. He probably never should have made it off training in the first place.

Yeah, this is dumb as gently caress and how departments end up paying lovely cops hundreds of thousands in wrongful termination lawsuits. I know it is hard and people want justice immediately, but the process still needs to be done properly. Cutting corners on the termination is how people get away with things.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
What do you expect from Shaun King, the guy who jumps to conclusions more than that guy from Office Space. He's hit or miss. He's got basically no knowledge of policing, use of force, the law, etc.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bored As gently caress posted:

What do you expect from Shaun King, the guy who jumps to conclusions more than that guy from Office Space. He's hit or miss. He's got basically no knowledge of policing, use of force, the law, etc.

So he's a cop without a gun

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

man, reading this Ft. Worth poo poo is making me realize how close I came to death by cop in college. It's 2am and I roll over in bed and hear voices in my front lawn and some flashlights. loving college kids. I'm pissed so I go to see wtf was going on. I don't even switch on the lights in my tiny house. I open the door right when the cop was about to knock on the door. Thank gently caress i always left my porch light on and i knew him/he knew me from working a bunch of concerts over the years.

Turns out they had misread the address on the call or something. Showed up at 123 West Fake St instead of 123 East Fake St a block away. Another officer I didn't know did the same thing 5 hours later. Woke me up banging on the door.

But jesus gently caress, I had a foot and 75lbs on that cop that night, and opened the door less than 5 feet from him and looked pissed off for that first split second. I don't even know where his back up was. So many ways that could've gone wrong.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Good point, an in depth knowledge of policing sure is needed for this one.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you forgot to say he's the real racist, that's the one i hear the most

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
That's laughably stupid just as it is any time any CHUD says "Democrats are the REAL racists."

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Oh you forgot he isn't actually black, too

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

as soon as a tragedy occurs, shaun king is right there to help by starting the fundraiser

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

McNally posted:

Jesus loving Christ your goddamned av

WHAT DID YOU DO

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chief-officers-proud-boys-membership-break-policy-66296876

"A Connecticut police officer's membership in the Proud Boys, a far-right group known for engaging in violent clashes at political rallies, didn't violate department policies, the town's police chief has concluded in response to a civil rights group's concerns."

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chief-officers-proud-boys-membership-break-policy-66296876

"A Connecticut police officer's membership in the Proud Boys, a far-right group known for engaging in violent clashes at political rallies, didn't violate department policies, the town's police chief has concluded in response to a civil rights group's concerns."

We have investigated ourselves...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Victor Vermis posted:

WHAT DID YOU DO

People were getting motion sickness from your old av.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

McNally posted:

People were getting motion sickness from your old av.

Sorry for the ableist art, gang. I'd PM you about this but EBB thinks it's hilarious to tax low-income earners for using folksy GIP memes in the Drunk Thread.

Can you at least change it to something that doesn't suck? With text color changed to Olive

lol gently caress u

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 19, 2024

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Maybe he should change department policy to make membership in a hate group a fireable offense! Doesn't seem too difficult to do, there, Chief!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Victor Vermis posted:

Sorry for the ableist art, gang. I'd PM you about this but EBB thinks it's hilarious to tax low-income earners for using folksy GIP memes in the Drunk Thread.

Can you at least change it to something that doesn't suck? With text color changed to Olive:

You were banned for using homophobic slurs you disingenuous gently caress.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Maybe he should change department policy to make membership in a hate group a fireable offense! Doesn't seem too difficult to do, there, Chief!

He'd have to be the chief of police to do something like that!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

He'd have to be the chief of police to do something like that!

Lmao

He'd have to have a backbone, or possibly even be not racist himself!

Is that too loving much to ask for?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also requiring degrees to be a cop would just result in more dipshit cops like vermis that get loving film degrees lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Any vet wanting to become a cop needs to go through extensive screening and retraining. Vets shouldn’t be allowed to keep moving into the police force and perpetuating their mentality of being a foreign occupying force separate from the civilians they monitor.

Also any cop that says “civilian” as if it’s something they the cop is not should be kicked out.

Also also no MPs they’re clearly mentally unsuitable if they volunteered for that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Watch out, that criminal is threatening to unleash French New Wave Cinema on the public!

*VV smiles and adjusts his mirrored aviators, knowing this is precisely what he was meant for in life*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Or becoming a cop is akin to jury duty. Your number gets pulled out of a hat, you have to be a cop for a year. Increase the pay so it's something people would actually not mind doing, and provide them free training.

Before implementing this, disarm the police forces around the country, with the exception of small state level SWAT teams that answer to the governor.