Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Tato posted:

If it didn't work for Luke Harper, why does Mike think it would work for him? They don't fire ANYONE these days outside of people who commit crimes.

Jeff Hardy thoooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"I love pro wrestling, that's why I signed a long-term deal with the company that actively goes out of its way to not call it 'pro wrestling'"

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Tato posted:

If it didn't work for Luke Harper, why does Mike think it would work for him? They don't fire ANYONE these days outside of people who commit crimes.

based on both usos and jeff hardy, the latter is not even true

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's like some of you have never gotten a promotion you regretted or realized a few months later that the money didn't help. Like drat a person is allowed to have regrets and especially a wrestler like Mike Bennet who's ceiling is Mike Bennet.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It's like some of you have never gotten a promotion you regretted or realized a few months later that the money didn't help. Like drat a person is allowed to have regrets and especially a wrestler like Mike Bennet who's ceiling is Mike Bennet.

look it sucks for him, but he really shouldve known better months ago when luke harper and the revival requested releases, didnt get them, and then got their contracts extended and their souls probably ground into dust

i get realizing you made a mistake and i get wanting out of the insane cult, what i dont get is taking the same tact that failed other people and thinking this time would be the time it worked???? its tough to be sympathetic after a certain point, hes a grown man who shouldve known what he was signing when he signed it

he had one of the best opportunities to get out and into a great market for a wrestler anyone has probably ever seen

the wwe sucks rear end and is going to do this same thing to a lot more people

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's like some of you have never gotten a promotion
I'm glad to see it's that obvious.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

boxcarhobo posted:

look it sucks for him, but he really shouldve known better months ago when luke harper and the revival requested releases, didnt get them, and then got their contracts extended and their souls probably ground into dust

i get realizing you made a mistake and i get wanting out of the insane cult, what i dont get is taking the same tact that failed other people and thinking this time would be the time it worked???? its tough to be sympathetic after a certain point, hes a grown man who shouldve known what he was signing when he signed it

he had one of the best opportunities to get out and into a great market for a wrestler anyone has probably ever seen

the wwe sucks rear end and is going to do this same thing to a lot more people

He could have known what it would be. But the emotional reality of being locked in, and how it would it impact his family life is something that clearly hit later. I'll always have empathy for that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Either Bennett had no idea what would happen when he took the deal, in which case he's monumentally stupid. Or he knew what would probably happen and took the deal anyways, in which case he was blinded by the dollar signs. It's commendable that he took the money to secure his family's financial future, but I'm not going to feel too sorry for someone getting paid $2.5 million to do gently caress all.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
give me 2.5 million dollars

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Always side with labor, even when they're idiots about getting sucked into the cult they work for.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bunch of water carriers for the wwe lol :qq: HE shouldve known! :qq: way to stay true to yourselves

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Always side with labor, even when they're idiots about getting sucked into the cult they work for.

mike bennett should spearhead the formation of the first wrestlers union

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea ok posted:

Bunch of water carriers for the wwe lol :qq: HE shouldve known! :qq: way to stay true to yourselves

yea bud thats exactly whats happening lmao

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i want 2.5 million dollars

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, it is

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

never seen a combination ceiling and floor before

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

yea ok posted:

It's not mutually exclusive. He should have known better, he should also either be free to act as an independent contractor or be signed as an employee and get the rights and benefits associated with that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love you Mike Bennett! Keep this up and they'll make you governor of California.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

be a force for good in the world mike, use some of that blood money that didnt make you happy and loving organize

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
mike bennett could be workin himself to the bone in vinces coal mines and i aint feel a lick of sympathy for no mike bennett

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

We love to rally against WWE, and support our addicts who are bettering themselves and trying to do what's right for themselves and their families, unless they're Mike Bennett for some reason

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
that some reason is self explanatory, theyre mike bennett

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
its like ziggy, no one roots for ziggy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

his wife is really hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tell me more about ziggys hot wife

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I seem to recall everyone sang the praises of Mike and Maria for being savvy and getting that money from Vince, suckering him into paying an obvious midcard guy and his wife $2.5 mil just to prevent them from leaving, even being willing to do a stupid cuck angle knowing they were having the last laugh because Vince was forking out big money to them.

Then Mike Bennett releases a statement that's basically "I want out because I just now realized I'm never going to get pushed as a top guy" and people expect me to feel sorry for him? L, O, and dare I say L.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mike Kanellis just has 'buyers remorse'.

He took the wheelbarrow full of money to provide for his growing family, (as he even says in the tweet), but then after some months he is getting itchy feet just sitting at home/in catering so he slightly regrets the decision. (He seems like a nice family man, so I reckon with some reflection he will look back on this period of forced inactivity as a 'sacrifice' made for the financial security of his family).

On the bigger point, to some people money is worth less than happiness. Much like to others, leisure time is worth more than being booked to win titles. To even others, being closer to one's family is more important than putting on good matches. And there are a whole bunch of others that believe the opposite. And it's all fine.

Personally, I am in the camp of happiness/satisfaction trumps cash/good booking. Which is why I fully support Moxley giving up a big paycheck to get the creative freedom he wanted, or Nakamura being booked like poo poo, but having the time to hang out with his family and surf like he wants. But others are free to think differently.

Kanellis may regret the decision he made now, but it was a reasonable decision made for reasonable reasons.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i hate my life for 40 grand a year. give me 500k a year and ill be as miserable as you want me to be

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

As the original Goon, Spike Milligan, once said: money can't buy you happiness, but it can afford you a more comfortable form of misery.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

tell me more about ziggys hot wife

doing an angle with bobby lashley iirc

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like the main reason people aren't sympathizing with Mike Bennett is because... you know... he's Mike Bennett. No one's sitting around dreaming of him in AEW or NJPW so...

Dude made a choice. Its not hard to figure out what motivated that choice. Money and stability with a family even if he had no illusions of a good push or fulfilling work. He can feel bad about it now. I can feel bad for him. The problem isn't Bennett or Harper or Banks or the Club or whoever.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
mike go to hoodslam and give me your millions

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

If Bennett had his contact extended due to injury I'd definitely sympathize with him, because that's some bullshit. But dude had the chance to leave and go elsewhere to do all the wrestling he says he loves (and likely without a cuck angle), and instead signed a long-term WWE deal for big money, knowing full well who was running the company and how insane they are. He might have buyer's remorse or whatever, but a lot of people work way shittier jobs for far less money (or job security) than he's going to be getting. I don't have any sympy for him whatsoever.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You don't poo poo on people for not leaving their abuser.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, you can have sympathy for more than one person at the same time.

I feel bad the dude is unhappy and fell into the trap of a lovely, abusive company that tons and tons of others have fallen into before him and will after him. That doesn't mean there aren't many people much worse off than him.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

You don't poo poo on people for not leaving their abuser.

You're way too deep into this analogy

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’ll poo poo on any millionaire i so choose

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The dude's got kids and in today's world that means you gotta go with the money. I don't begrudge him for taking a big payday especially because I'm sure Vince is telling anyone who will listen all about everything's gonna change and promising the moon at every contract signing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

i’ll poo poo on any millionaire i so choose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its gonna own so hard when it turns out its an angle anyway