Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why did the Lions start playing in the second half like they were down three scores?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why did the Lions start playing in the second half like they were down three scores?

packers defense showed up, lions forgot that will redmond was playing safety

stafford got like half his passing yards in two throws in the 1st quarter then ??????????

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

see my prediction for the game, except replace "rodgers" with "refs" because I never learn:

SolusLunes posted:

yeah, this is basically how I see it going

detroit blows out green bay in the first half, takes their foot off the gas, gets rodgers'd

only way the lions can realistically win is to gently caress it up for three quarters and pull out a stafford fourth quarter comeback

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

i have decided the refs are good again

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1183949875295195136

sorry lions

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

drat I'm glad I'm not a Lions fan. For like a million reasons

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Non-salty Q: if this was a Packers home game how come Detroit had their home jerseys and GB had their away ones?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Non-salty Q: if this was a Packers home game how come Detroit had their home jerseys and GB had their away ones?

color rush jerseys and all green looks real weird

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

not touched?

He was draped by the corner so I have a hard time believing this, but that's like the least way the Lions got screwed.

e:

Hot Diggity! posted:

like all of the weak poo poo to point out that's among the weakest

Yeah it wouldn't have mattered anyway since there was no way the Lions were coming up with a goal line stand.

I guess it's worth noting since they didn't even stop to take a look at it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

color rush jerseys and all green looks real weird

Ah gotcha, thanks. I like colored jerseys and hope that the whites-as-away jersey pattern goes away now that you can probably count the number of people watching football on black & white TVs on two hands.

Also X-post from the GDT before it's locked

C-Euro posted:

I hope I live long enough to see the NFL go bankrupt, even if the Lions fail to win anything of note before then. It will be funny and a lot of people that I care about will be better off because of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Purely for the record, I have little to no antipathy for the refs themselves because how the gently caress can you expect consistently great work from a bunch of high school principals and lawyers and poo poo.

The most important people in the game being paid part-time by the league is a loving embarrassment.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Kalli posted:

Lions got jobbed. They stopped the Packers offense multiple times only for the refs to bail them out on two awful hands to the face calls, and had a late drive killed by a non-called blatant PI. Just an ugly, ugly thing to watch.

Yeah, it's the refs fault the Lions had to settle for 5 field goals.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

YodaTFK posted:

What a stupid loving argument.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Detroit Free Press is the major liberal-leaning paper in the area, versus The Detroit News. The Free Press had this to say about the game:

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1183954945248288768?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, I missed this

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/status/1183591411796660224

Rivers god love him (I say that in the most southern way) has always been a cryer.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Ha, I missed this

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/status/1183591411796660224

Rivers god love him (I say that in the most southern way) has always been a cryer.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

facialimpediment posted:

The Detroit Free Press is the major liberal-leaning paper in the area, versus The Detroit News. The Free Press had this to say about the game:

https://twitter.com/freep/status/1183954945248288768?s=19

The Detroit News, the conservative-leaning paper, probably had their business writer blaming black people and the minimum wage

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YodaTFK posted:

I mean, 5 field goals would've been enough if the game had been called correctly, so what the gently caress are you talking about?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Grittybeard posted:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm ready for VAR in the NFL

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

What a stupid loving argument.

It applies to the Saints/Rams game as well.

lovely officiating and play can happen in the same game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah and they actually did something about that, because the Saints are a real team.

This happens to the Lions at least once a year, usually more than that and people just go "eh you should've played better" and everyone forgets about it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

YodaTFK posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This is so dumb lol.

Teams have to play perfect and if not then its their fault the nfl is a rigged sport designed to funnel money to the rich and powerful. how dare people try and enjoy themselves in their off moments producing more numbers so old wrinkled billionaires to shove more cocaine in their dicks.

MJeff posted:

Yeah and they actually did something about that.

considering the reversal rate on PI calls is at like 10% ... lol

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Pretty much. poo poo officiating should be called out but acting like Detroit lost the game only because of the refs is a bit silly. Both teams played like poo poo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

Yeah and they actually did something about that.

If you mean made officiating worse then yes they did

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

This is so dumb lol.

Teams have to play perfect and if not then its their fault the nfl is a rigged sport designed to funnel money to the rich and powerful. how dare people try and enjoy themselves in their off moments producing more numbers so old wrinkled billionaires to shove more cocaine in their dicks.

Browns blew a 20 point lead and the refs sucked. You can't blame the entire thing on the refs.

The Lions playing soccer didn't have anything to do with the refs

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
pretty crazy finish to Detroit Vs. Green Bay

a white guy commits an infraction against a black guy.

law enforcement penalizes the black guy for the incident.

then the team that actually violated the rules wins.

That's way too On The Nose for 2019 America.

(throw in the fact that the guy's never been called for Illegal Hands to the face in his entire career and they call it on him twice in decisive situations tonight and :lol: )

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Browns blew a 20 point lead and the refs sucked. You can't blame the entire thing on the refs.

The Lions playing soccer didn't have anything to do with the refs

The refs are poo poo in every game, but blatant phantom calls or no calls in the most crucial situations constantly is hosed! Yes, the Lions should have turned more FGs into TDs, but in the world where the refs dont literally put the game in their hands - maybe that is enough to squeak a win. I didn't watch the whole of the browns game, but its harder to blame refs when kitchens hosed himself out of a TD to challenge a play, lose the challenge, call the same play and then get stuffed, and also for Baker to throw like 2 or 3 INTs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I honestly can’t tell if they think the league is actually rigged or just blowing off steam. Like I don’t think the league gains much from giving the pack a 10-6 record and a first round bounce

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

The refs are poo poo in every game, but blatant phantom calls or no calls in the most crucial situations constantly is hosed! Yes, the Lions should have turned more FGs into TDs, but in the world where the refs dont literally put the game in their hands - maybe that is enough to squeak a win. I didn't watch the whole of the browns game, but its harder to blame refs when kitchens hosed himself out of a TD to challenge a play, lose the challenge, call the same play and then get stuffed, and also for Baker to throw like 2 or 3 INTs.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1183531994338201600
https://twitter.com/SirYacht/status/1183463772347928577

Don't be so poo poo that you can lose on 1 bad call. This can be true along with officiating being poo poo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

I honestly can’t tell if they think the league is actually rigged or just blowing off steam. Like I don’t think the league gains much from giving the pack a 10-6 record and a first round bounce

Aaron Rodgers is a star player. I think that's all it is. Goose sales on jerseys that are already going to sell. You can't make a star out of someone like Mariota, but once a player makes themself a star, ride them as long as you can for as much money as you can.

Also, international gambling through shell corporations. And probably human sex trafficking.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't be so poo poo that you can lose on 1 bad call. This can be true along with officiating being poo poo.

How about 3+ bad calls?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

LabyaMynora posted:

Aaron Rodgers is a star player. I think that's all it is. Goose sales on jerseys that are already going to sell. You can't make a star out of someone like Mariota, but once a player makes themself a star, ride them as long as you can for as much money as you can.

Also, international gambling through shell corporations. And probably human sex trafficking.

Even then whether they win or not doesn’t matter as long as they don’t die.

Which the league making sure star players don’t get hurt is a conspiracy I’ll believe

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

MJeff posted:

How about 3+ bad calls?

You mean like the Browns Raiders game last year? Dude it still applies. Just because you're a Lions fan that just got jobbed doesn't mean your redzone offense wasn't utter trash.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

How about 3+ bad calls?

What about six bad calls?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You mean like the Browns Raiders game last year? Dude it still applies. Just because you're a Lions fan that just got jobbed doesn't mean your redzone offense wasn't utter trash.

The Packers went from being down 22-13 to winning 23 to 22. Everyone single one of those ten points was scored after the Detroit Defense sacked Rodgers on 3rd down and the refs turned around and gave Green Bay a first down on egregiously awful, phantom calls. It takes a special kind of stupid to blame that on the Lions. And that ignores the uncalled PI against GBs defense and the other awful calls in that game.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

MJeff posted:

I mean, 5 field goals would've been enough if the game had been called correctly, so what the gently caress are you talking about?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

AsInHowe posted:

What about six bad calls?

there were 4 bad calls

anyone who thinks lazard's touchdown was anything other than a touchdown is a cop

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Browns would've won the Raiders and Seahawks game if they'd been called correctly to. Doesn't mean coaches and players didn't suck. How is it that hard to accept that both these things can be true?

At this rate I want the Lions to get jobbed the rest of the season for the tantrums

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which the league making sure star players don’t get hurt is a conspiracy I’ll believe

Absolutely is. Cam Newton said so. He got hit and asked why no flag, and Ed "Guns" Hochuli told him, "you ain't old enough for that flag." I don't think for a second that Cam made that up. It's too odd and specific.

Like, a hit on a QB is either legal or illegal. There's no clause about age that has poo poo to do with it.

Sneeze on Tom Brady, you get a flag. Maul Cam Newton, and it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

LabyaMynora posted:

Absolutely is. Cam Newton said so. He got hit and asked why no flag, and Ed "Guns" Hochuli told him, "you ain't old enough for that flag." I don't think for a second that Cam made that up. It's too odd and specific.

Like, a hit on a QB is either legal or illegal. There's no clause about age that has poo poo to do with it.

Sneeze on Tom Brady, you get a flag. Maul Cam Newton, and it's cool.

If Cam were white, the call would've been made.