Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Oh that's a terrible page starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Then I'll just repost my post from last page then.

quote:

Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season (My Hero Academia Season 4)
Bones | Kenji Nagasaki ; Masahiro Mukai | ... | Action, Comedy, Super Power, School, Shounen | Manga | Oct 12, 2019
Fourth season of Boku no Hero Academia.
PV
Thread

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Julias posted:

Also sorry Ibble, I kept on forgetting to add your thread to the OP :sweatdrop:

You were just being cautious.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Julias posted:

Almost forgot about the shonen juggernaut

more like shonen spiderman

(sorry, i'm sorry)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1183585794231062528

New Saiki K anime coming exclusively to Netflix.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Davincie posted:

as dog said, a lot of big names at shaft are leaving. there was a big rumour post a while ago i can't easily dig up again that summed it up but it comes down to a lot of old talented staff leaving for greener pastures, adn new replacement staff not being as good. of course shinbo will always be there (and they'll always keep making gatari) but as a whole the studio is not in good health

Before this too they were known for being a studio where new talent will take a directing role on a show or two and then likely leave the studio for elsewhere. Which is like, they're constantly exporting talent elsewhere which is good, but you always wonder how Shaft itself survives like that.

But well, in spite of this record and the recent large exodus, it's not like Shaft was left bare. Their production schedule slows down, but they still have talent aboard, as well as again, a history of raising up-and-comers. And their two next shows' directors both kick rear end

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Stars Align was well-executed enough to make me optimistic they can pull off the heavy subject matter. I think the conflict of privilege between the two leads got me invested in the show even before that sucker punch ending.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah tbf the reason I had an issue with it was 1: I was caught totally off guard after a mostly standard school club setup, and 2: it was a viscerally hosed up depiction of it. They made it pretty clear how calculating and unempathetic the dad is. I think I was reacting more to the whiplash than the material itself.

And frankly artfully rendered domestic abuse just isn't something I want to think about atm. Just thinking about it again to write this post is loving me up again, because the more I think about the episode, the more connections I can see between the abuse scene and various details throughout the episode. Credit to the show in succeeding at that presentation but I just can't deal with it.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 14, 2019

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
yeah, it might be best for those who are sensitive to depictions of domestic violence to wait and hear second-hand about how it all plays out

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yeah the stinger was really heavy, but in retrospect the growing tension of the breakfast scene in the wealthier kid's house and his moms weird reaction to him, then the extremely intentionally uncomfortable "i'll pay you money" club recruitment. then into those final scenes was pretty well done in terms of establishing a growing sense that this is all kind of going off the rails.

totally makes sense that people would want to punch out after that though, to be clear, it was hard to watch

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

rifle is beautiful is okay

aots

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I hope the girls in Stars Align stick around as major characters. They seem to have a lot more presence and personality than you usually see in a 'dudes doing sports' show.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1183585794231062528

New Saiki K anime coming exclusively to Netflix.

That was actually announced awhile ago. Dunno why Crunchyroll is treating it like its new news.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
If anyone wants to find out if the new psycho pass season will suck or not, the first movie of the spin off movie trilogy it's a sequel to has hit :filez:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That was actually announced awhile ago. Dunno why Crunchyroll is treating it like its new news.

The Crunchyroll tweet: winter 2020
The Netflix poster: winter 2019

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I skipped last season so I missed Bem. Did anyone watch it and was it any good

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GorfZaplen posted:

I skipped last season so I missed Bem. Did anyone watch it and was it any good

It was meh.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

The Crunchyroll tweet: winter 2020
The Netflix poster: winter 2019

Might be a question of whether "winter" begins in January or December. Anime cour talk always consider winter season to begin in January.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

It was meh.

What was meh about it?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

nielsm posted:

Might be a question of whether "winter" begins in January or December. Anime cour talk always consider winter season to begin in January.

I've seen MAL list the season as starting in December tho.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Sigh. Rifle Is Beautiful is about shooting IR laser rifles, not real rifles. Interest = gone.

edit: sorry they’re xenon beam rifles not IR laser rifles

wolfs fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 15, 2019

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

should've been about battle rifles from Halo 2

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Should have been Sabagebu! Season 2

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Average iseki is alright. I'll probably keep watching

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Clitch posted:

Should have been Sabagebu! Season 2

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nitrousoxide posted:

Average iseki is alright. I'll probably keep watching

You could even say...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it glows

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EXCALIBURRRR

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rifle is Beautiful is just Lazer Tag in it's modern form

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Special Crime Unit or whatever is ok, I watched the first two eps and enjoyed the cases & dialogue between the team. I like that the mc is inexperienced and idealistic without being a goober with no personality. Kinda wish whatever was going on with his healing factor? Indestructibleness? was leaving some sort of impact on his clothes unless that's supposed to be part of the magic because he really should have had torn pants and a bloodstain after the knife slash. I had kinda thought maybe they were implying his coat covered the earlier gunshot but that one should have been visible. I suppose if he had a pristine uniform after getting blown up then his suit is also going back to normal, maybe it's more like some kind of status reset so it includes his clothes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Everything Burrito posted:

Special Crime Unit or whatever is ok, I watched the first two eps and enjoyed the cases & dialogue between the team. I like that the mc is inexperienced and idealistic without being a goober with no personality. Kinda wish whatever was going on with his healing factor? Indestructibleness? was leaving some sort of impact on his clothes unless that's supposed to be part of the magic because he really should have had torn pants and a bloodstain after the knife slash. I had kinda thought maybe they were implying his coat covered the earlier gunshot but that one should have been visible. I suppose if he had a pristine uniform after getting blown up then his suit is also going back to normal, maybe it's more like some kind of status reset so it includes his clothes.

I think it is, as "Charisma" would surely notice the cut in his trousers.

I'm guessing he's either a Dragon or partly Dragon, considering they're the impetus of the show. I do like the reason they're covering regular crimes too is because they're just blatantly stealing any case from other departments they can to justify their unit's continued existence.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I wish they hadn't given Ichinose bullshit Sherlock powers, especially when they had absolutely no need to do so because the blogger was cooperative.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

I wish they hadn't given Ichinose bullshit Sherlock powers, especially when they had absolutely no need to do so because the blogger was cooperative.

it didn't really bother me that much since they'd investigated some beforehand so it at least made sense that he had some material to go all mind palace on, but I suspect it's also a shortcut so everything fits into one episode -- time crunch, pull out the sherlock bullshit to move things along. The guy wasn't that cooperative until Ichinose laid it all out in front of him anyway so it didn't feel glaringly unearned when I was watching it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ichinose Sherlock feels like it was written by homophobic Studio Atlus writers.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Sherlock is the one with the conchita boss person right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I suspect it's also a shortcut so everything fits into one episode -- time crunch, pull out the sherlock bullshit to move things along. The guy wasn't that cooperative until Ichinose laid it all out in front of him anyway so it didn't feel glaringly unearned when I was watching it.

Yeah, my point is there was no reason to do that when they could have just had 10 seconds of him looking at the aides' schedules instead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, my point is there was no reason to do that when they could have just had 10 seconds of him looking at the aides' schedules instead.

The aide's schedules were their alibi. That was the point of breaking the blogger to make him confess.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Sherlock is the one with the conchita boss person right?

yeah, that is their take on Mrs. Hudson

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i don't watch police anime cause i oppose the police state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Julias posted:

You could even say...

The joke about why it's better to choose the median rather than the average sometimes was unexpected and actually pretty funny though