Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But worse :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thumper is like Guitar Hero if Guitar Hero were trying to kill you

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not much can compare to rez, especially in VR...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thumper is design to give me a seizure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it’s very good at what it does (rhythm game with a dark, oppressive mood and in VR) but the second best game of the past ten years? I dunno

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

thumper is design to give me a seizure
yeah, I get a pretty bad headache when I try to play it, even as much as I like it. everything about it is purposefully designed to be as hostile to the player as possible, weird aggressively strobing graphics + indecipherable polyrhythmic drumlines that you're supposed to be playing along with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember when that website said NSMBU was the best Mario game ever made.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think Thumper makes me both zoned out and dialed in, in a way that's very high-adrenaline.

Now if you want to talk about a game designed to make your brain melt in VR, let's talk about Polybius

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My main memory of Thumper is how playing it on the Switch and the Joycon buttons would leave imprints on my thumbs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love destiny 2 I think that means I have brain worms. :brainworms:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I love destiny 2 I think that means I have brain worms. :brainworms:

It means you're ready to ascend to level 2 of the Games chat thread.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Thumper’s later levels are too hard :negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want to reinstall Thumper and play it in VR some more now

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It would be pretty funny if Blizzard were preparing their rumoured Overwatch 2 announcement for Blizzcon.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

You need to beat the level boss first. And that’s, let’s say, Video Games.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Roth posted:

My main memory of Thumper is how playing it on the Switch and the Joycon buttons would leave imprints on my thumbs.

Its definitely one of those games that makes me very aware of how hard I'm gripping the controller when I'm done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Roach Warehouse posted:

So you're saying this thread is the Dark Souls of Something Awful :hmmyes:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Instead of playing any of the games in my meticulously maintained list I started a new seed in Ocarina of Time randomizer

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

this just makes the brain worms happy because numbers are going up!

(i also like d2 a lot, i played like 4 crucible games today and won all of them :unsmith: )

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it's been even more linear than the original, but so far i'm enjoying bioshock 2 more than 1. having plasmids and weapons out simultaneously makes combat flow much smoother. plus hacking is real time.

it does feel silly that a character as pivotal as lamb (as far as i remember) got nary a mention in 1.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Roach Warehouse posted:

:hai:

I am like King Hippo, however, and have a really swift shortcut.

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013

Rinkles posted:

it's been even more linear than the original, but so far i'm enjoying bioshock 2 more than 1. having plasmids and weapons out simultaneously makes combat flow much smoother. plus hacking is real time.

it does feel silly that a character as pivotal as lamb (as far as i remember) got nary a mention in 1.

Bioshock 2 is weird because it's a great step up in the gameplay department, but an unfortunate step back in the story. They more or less invent a bunch of characters and events that are supposedly pivotal to Rapture's history, but have no foreshadowing or reference in the first game at all. Also it's pretty thematically lazy to just go with "the first game was about objectivism, so the sequel will be about communism! Both sides are bad!" I still haven't made up my mind if I like it more or less than the weird lateral step of nonsense that is Infinite's story, though...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rinkles posted:

Bioshock 2 is outright a better game to play than the first. Also I think the arenas they designed for the Little Sister defenses are really well done and work pretty well for encouraging you to use mines and traps in a way the first game never did.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i really didn't enjoy combat in the original bioshock past the first few sections.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

:hai:

I am like King Hippo, however, and have a really swift shortcut.

Is it distracting you with a Kirby plushie?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

another good change in 2: wallet doesn't arbitrarily max out at $500

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm gonna put down my sign and if someone could come by and co-op VideoGames with me that would be great, I've been stuck on him for a week

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I read online and apparently there's a glitch which makes VideoGames unbeatable. They're waiting for it to be patched out.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hell yeah. gently caress you CDProjekt

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its happening :wth:
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1184019625559953409

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

My uncle works at Nintendo and he said that the real VideoGames were the friends we made along the way.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

How can anyone older than 10 like this game?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

idk which part are you reacting to, the character designs? I don't like it much (the building is super lame) but its definitely by far the best BR. i mean as far as BRs go which isn't saying much, but I'd rather play the one that feels like a third person UT than a weird milsim

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I only tried fortnite like right when it came out on consoles so it's probably changed a lot but I liked Apex Legends way more than fortnite + the Black Ops 4 one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah, apex is okay too, I'm not big on the characters though, I like the old school arena fps ideal of everyone coming in on equal footing

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I keep returning to Fortnite over other shooters purely because it gets updated so regularly with new, limited-time content you don't have to pay for. It's weird, maybe manipulative FOMO Farming, but it scratches the itch Team Fortress 2 did way back when I never knew what weirdass custom map or game mode I'd play that day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why would you ever need any other map when you have 2Fort

Seems weird.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

2Fortnite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rarity posted:

How can anyone older than 10 like this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh my god mother was right :negative: