Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the refs knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think it's time to declare homex as 30% bad, 70% good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i say swears online posted:

i think it's time to declare homex as 30% bad, 70% good

since im not a fake leftist im gonna say he's good. probably the worst thing i can say about him is he's a trot

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 15, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dengists are cucks and Dengist China should only be supported as the only country with the potential to destroy the United $nake$ of AmeriKKKa

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Does anybody have the pajama boy macro that says something like

"YASS HILLARY SLAY QUEEN"

"Oh really? these four men had no choice in their slaying" with a pic of vile rat and the others killed at benghazi

I think HenryKrinkle made it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

since im not a fake leftist im gonna say he's good. probably the worst thing i can say about him is he's a trot
he is NOT a trot

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that's... how dare you...

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

booing loudly, throwing trash

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i read that whole thing by the way, its some stemlord who doesn't understand theory embarrassing himself. sad failing current affairs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I do like the cartoon though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zas posted:

i read that whole thing by the way, its some stemlord who doesn't understand theory embarrassing himself. sad failing current affairs

what a shocker

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

yeah actually not bad

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
one day, im going to be zizeks table

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

Does anybody have the pajama boy macro that says something like

"YASS HILLARY SLAY QUEEN"

"Oh really? these four men had no choice in their slaying" with a pic of vile rat and the others killed at benghazi

I think HenryKrinkle made it

Lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm glad our tradition has spread to twitter with HK and mugrimm

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/xr_landlords/status/1185089005769150465?s=20

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zas posted:

it was very much someone trying to get their sick owns in for the day and in reality was a painful reminder that current affairs as a rag was essentially worthless if not actively harmful

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

zizek would certainly approve of it

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

it was very much someone trying to get their sick owns in for the day and in reality was a painful reminder that current affairs as a rag was essentially worthless if not actively harmful

nathan j robinson is a clown with so little self awareness that he probably believes it when he writes an article telling his readers to not trust the ivy league educated

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

tracked it down

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

big business man posted:

nathan j robinson is a clown with so little self awareness that he probably believes it when he writes an article telling his readers to not trust the ivy league educated

and yet you, big business man, expect me to trust you, in this of all forums

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

You left out the best part, where he literally made a chart for exactly how many times Zizek referenced his favorite topics:

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Finicums Wake posted:

and yet you, big business man, expect me to trust you, in this of all forums

im dumb as hell and will not pretend otherwise!!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Zas posted:

oh ye of little faith, from his linkedin:

I am currently a Stipendiary Lecturer in Philosophy at Oriel College, University of Oxford, where I have been teaching for the last two years.

i like to play a game at this point where I look up the article of ostensibly left wing thunkpieces and they're always from people who went to or are involved with very elite and expensive schools

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I think the more relevant fact there isn't that he's from an elite institution but rather that he's only a Stipendiary Lecturer and is thus likely part of the massive academic precariat that struggles to achieve a tenure track position, which explains why he absolutely hates Zizek, who has succeeded wildly past the dreams of any academic scribbler. The source of his hatred isn't snobbery so much as it is the specific kind of resentment that you get when you're convinced you're more talented than the vastly more successful person that you'r criticizing.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ah, Frost Syndrome

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

liquidate elite institutions anyway

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Forums Terrorist posted:

ah, Frost Syndrome

take it back. I am an amber stan

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

we stan a merciful tyrant

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Larry Parrish posted:

Your only bad opinion

big business man posted:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
ugh, typical left factionalism. can't even accept fake british nerds dressed like plantation owners who appear overnight complete with their own print magazine into the fold

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

horny is prohibited

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not horny for amber, i just like her for being poor. there's very few Leftist Voices that are from lovely poor backgrounds. also, repressed redneck tendencies.

anyway nathan is hilarious because he's such a ridiculous person there's no way he's not a plant

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I made a thread to post pics of Nathan J Robinson

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901703

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pwm_mfp/status/1147911019467030528

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

it seems like stalinists are more fixated on trotsky than any trotskyists I have personally known

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nathan gay robinson

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Lobe posted:

it seems like stalinists are more fixated on trotsky than any trotskyists I have personally known

we fear our enemies more than our heroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Larry Parrish posted:

we fear our enemies more than our heroes

the idea that anyone would consider trotsky or trotskyists a serious threat or political target of significance in the 21st century is baffling to me

very cargo cultish