Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

azurite posted:

I just started watching and the first four episodes are basically the spicy keychain meme. I love it.

lmfao, this is true as hell

Speaking of i wonder if there's a

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dash Rendar posted:

i am also a recent JoJo fan. the first series is slow as hell. if youre really trying to like it, skip to the second. they are all largely self-contained and the second one is one of the best and seems to be the most referenced.

Is that just season2 cause I tried and I was extra, but still boring as hell

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bombadilillo posted:

haha yeah it is. maybe you should skip JoJo. there are other shows to watch

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

:same:

I feel like JoJo is like beer. You have to stockholm yourself into liking it, but unlike beer it doesn't make you fun or cool

I don't think my beer is working

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dave Grool posted:

I don't think my beer is working

have you tried drinking more?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

have you tried drinking more?

have to try not to :smith:

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Dash Rendar posted:

i am also a recent JoJo fan. the first series is slow as hell. if youre really trying to like it, skip to the second. they are all largely self-contained and the second one is one of the best and seems to be the most referenced.

The first arc is over quicker than it would take Goku to shave his balls. It just feels like forever.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
if it feels like forever, it might as well be forever.

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

idk where else to post this but

rate my halloween costume idea: joker face paint under v for vendetta mask. (not sure the clothing to accompany)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flutch posted:

rate my halloween costume idea: joker face paint under v for vendetta mask. (not sure the clothing to accompany)

Joker suit under V cloak

because underneath the mask is an idea.... and ideas. . . come from a society

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fools Infinite posted:

The first arc is over quicker than it would take Goku to shave his balls. It just feels like forever.

I wonder how many episodes of screaming Goku shaving his balls would involve.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Jorts, socks n sandals, ill fitting t shirt.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

Just because other crops are worse doesn't make this ok? And there are shitloads of seedless banana cultivars, they just don't produce them for whatever reason. Various Pacific island countries have tried to produce and market different cultivars, but they got rejected by supermarkets because they couldn't guarantee a year-round supply which is supposedly what consumers want. So we just get Cavendish bananas, until the entire world is unable to grow them anymore I guess.

I’m just tried of the everyone repeating “dId YoU kNoW bAnAnAs ArE cLoNeS?” when it’s true of literally every fruit in the market.

The other banana cultivars I’ve had, while sometimes good in their own ways, taste nothing like the Cavendish. The Pacific Island growers might as well be telling people “You don’t want apples. How about some pears?”

The one exception is “mini banana”, which does taste like a Cavendish and is sometimes is available at stores but it always costs three times as much as a novelty.

Now for some Facebook banana pseudoscience.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 06:17 on Oct 15, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Flutch posted:

Courtroom groans, sick of your poo poo/10

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

McSpergin posted:

Yeah jojo owns bones and I don't watch lots of anime (I think I've finished evangelion, hellsing, berserk and attack on titan), it's solid as imvho

that is lots of anime, weeb

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Or you can just eat ripe bananas because they are literally 100% better.

People who don’t are hosed up tbh.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Bombadilillo posted:

The secret to JoJo is that it's all bad, but it got turned into memes so now it lives forever and will keep tricking people to watch it and get confused as they try to figure out why this badly animated show got so popular

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

dialhforhero posted:

Or you can just eat ripe bananas because they are literally 100% better.

People who don’t are hosed up tbh.

Also in unpopular but true fruit opinions: eating kiwis with the skin on.

Looks like you're getting stuck into the Hulk's nuts but you can't beat that texture.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Flutch posted:

https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/924424218653192192

Clicktrack
Aug 15, 2007
Kawasakis! Maicos! PURSANG!

Platystemon posted:

I’m just tried of the everyone repeating “dId YoU kNoW bAnAnAs ArE cLoNeS?” when it’s true of literally every fruit in the market.

The other banana cultivars I’ve had, while sometimes good in their own ways, taste nothing like the Cavendish. The Pacific Island growers might as well be telling people “You don’t want apples. How about some pears?”

The one exception is “mini banana”, which does taste like a Cavendish and is sometimes is available at stores but it always costs three times as much as a novelty.

K

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Platystemon posted:

My science gland hurts now :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I still don't know if activating almonds is a real thing in IRL life.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Of course it is. Theres, like, a little button on every almond. Lol you're telling me you've been eating almonds without activating them first? loving scrub.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shai-Hulud posted:

Of course it is. Theres, like, a little button on every almond. Lol you're telling me you've been eating almonds without activating them first? loving scrub.

I haven't been eating almonds at all because they taste naff.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This guy would know he's a connoisseur of fine nuts

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Jerry Cotton posted:

I haven't been eating almonds at all because they taste naff.

Well, if you’re not pressing the button....

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Dissapointed Owl posted:

that is lots of anime, weeb

It's literally like 4 shows wth

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

JoJo is good but if you don’t think the idea of a man fighting vampires by blowing bubbles infused with solar energy at them while everyone acts incredibly serious about it is funny and entertaining, then I can’t help you

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Peanut Butter posted:

Also in unpopular but true fruit opinions: eating kiwis with the skin on.

Looks like you're getting stuck into the Hulk's nuts but you can't beat that texture.

gently caress yeah. I like to imagine all that kiwi skin fiber makes it all the way through and is like a Brillo pad on my lower intestines.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

McSpergin posted:

It's literally like 4 shows wth

any more than one anime is too many

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

It is. It's just very, very finely ground. That's all it means.

They borrowed the term from activated charcoal which has enough surface area as to be spontaneously combustable and is typically a first line defense against poisoning since it just adsorbs everything around it and stops it from entering the bloodstream.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Kit Walker posted:

JoJo is good but if you don’t think the idea of a man fighting vampires by blowing bubbles infused with solar energy at them while everyone acts incredibly serious about it is funny and entertaining, then I can’t help you

Well, I find the problem with JoJo, and in fact, the problem with ALL anime (and probably manga, too) is that people KEEP TALKING ALL THE TIME about what is happening while it is happening.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Samovar posted:

Well, I find the problem with JoJo, and in fact, the problem with ALL anime (and probably manga, too) is that people KEEP TALKING ALL THE TIME about what is happening while it is happening.

Well it IS written for terminally stupid children.
:peanut: Looks like you passed the test! :peanut:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

RFC2324 posted:

I wonder how many episodes of screaming Goku shaving his balls would involve.

Like Home Alone, none until he applies the aftershave.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kit Walker posted:

I thought it was homoerotic imaginary pokemons?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Part 3 is best JoJo, it is known.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Countdown to T-man anime-ing in here out of breath to tell me I'm the world's dumbest bitch ever.

It's true I am, butt not for my anime truth bombs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day