Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
So god help me I've reinstalled this game.

Am I making a terrible mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Olpainless posted:

Of all the times to reinstall, this would literally be the worst.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Of all the times to reinstall, this would literally be the worst.

I was thinking about this for a while, but waited until at the very least the weapons-grade-dumb 'blackout' was reverted. I'm hoping for something relatively chill anyways nowadays. Main problem is going to be liquidating enough old assets to be isk-reasonable again (18b assets, but only 400m in bank) to get back to Omega and, you know, be able to do poo poo

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Olpainless posted:

I started playing about 3 months ago now and I've been having fun, but I guess it depends how salty you are? Peak players have been heading towards 30k since blackout ended though.

I wasn't actually sure if I'd stick with the game past the first week or so at first, but there's always a lot of things to do and fleets happening all the time so it's really grabbed me.

Incursions are great, by the way.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 11, 2019

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

The PVE in EVE is just sooo boring. I get why so many people run bots because its brain dead unless you are running deadspace complexes and even then its only slightly braindead.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Stealthgerbil posted:

The PVE in EVE is just sooo boring. I get why so many people run bots because its brain dead unless you are running deadspace complexes and even then its only slightly braindead.

The PvE is pretty mindless but incursions in a group are so fast-paced that you're rarely ever just sitting there doing nothing. And with mining I could chat with others with me or watch a movie or something. I like having games where I'm doing something but that something is just enough to keep me from fidgeting while I'm watching videos or reading. Usually that's WoW or Stellaris or Minecraft.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Aren't incursions some sort of highsec thing?

They really should let people spawn gated incursions in nullsec similar to anomalies. Would be fun for group content.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Stealthgerbil posted:

Aren't incursions some sort of highsec thing?

They really should let people spawn gated incursions in nullsec similar to anomalies. Would be fun for group content.

High, low, and null. When they happen in null, they break jump bridges (or whatever they're called now) and beacons and need to be zerged down post haste.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
remove incursions and burners from highsec

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Hell they should remove L4s from highsec but you know it would cause people to sperg out and quit. Too late for that now :(

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stealthgerbil posted:

Hell they should remove L4s from highsec but you know it would cause people to sperg out and quit. Too late for that now :(

L4s are fine, they pay out a reasonable amount but incursions (via multiboxing, since it's super easy content) and burners( 400m+ hr with 1 account) is just poorly balanced safe highly rewarding gameplay

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

L4s are fine, they pay out a reasonable amount but incursions (via multiboxing, since it's super easy content) and burners( 400m+ hr with 1 account) is just poorly balanced safe highly rewarding gameplay

Null burners aren't really that much more dangerous TBH...

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
So I peeked at this thread before I went to bed and then had a stupid dream about Eve that I was flying a standard freighter unscouted filled with Asshouses taking gates in nullsec and I got chased by a gang into an Incursion even though I know better. Got murdered and then woke up extremely pissed because I had a loving Eve dream.
:wtc:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

dialhforhero posted:

So I peeked at this thread before I went to bed and then had a stupid dream about Eve that I was flying a standard freighter unscouted filled with Asshouses taking gates in nullsec and I got chased by a gang into an Incursion even though I know better. Got murdered and then woke up extremely pissed because I had a loving Eve dream.
:wtc:

I have a recurring dream where I lose a titan to some dumb poo poo where I’m tabbed out.

Pretty irritating.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Null burners aren't really that much more dangerous TBH...

but they can be reasonably interdicted, a group (or individual) could stop another individual from doing it semi-reliably, or significantly hamper their isk/hr

it isn't always about killing, it's about interrupting too

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Why there isnt a dedicated sig in some alliance that headshots hs incursions to deny them income confuses me. I spoke to someone that said it would be a lot of effort and the that doesn't seem like enough deterrent to make hs cry

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Tag yourself. I’m the sad blue monster who got a disappointing under table hand beezy from Green Monster Hand.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 14, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i'm the brain in a jar

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm the little guy on the mantlepiece.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I'm the man in the box.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

dragonshardz posted:

I'm the man in the box.

I am Iron Dong

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I'm down in a hole.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

im gay

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm something nasty in the woodshed.

cybertier
May 2, 2013
Soooo.

Warp Speed Buffs for Cruisers and above. Nice.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cybertier posted:

Soooo.

Warp Speed Buffs for Cruisers and above. Nice.

Warp speed changes are:
Cruiser: 3 -> 4
BC: 2.7 -> 3.5
BS: 2 -> 3
T2 Cruiser: 3.3 -> 4.5
T2 BC: 3 -> 4
T2 BS: 2.2 -> 3.5

Source: Some guy on the EVE Online forums, as CCP didn't think of actually telling us the changes. (The official article just says the changes happened, and that's it.)

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Libluini posted:

Warp speed changes are:
Cruiser: 3 -> 4
BC: 2.7 -> 3.5
BS: 2 -> 3
T2 Cruiser: 3.3 -> 4.5
T2 BC: 3 -> 4
T2 BS: 2.2 -> 3.5

Source: Some guy on the EVE Online forums, as CCP didn't think of actually telling us the changes. (The official article just says the changes happened, and that's it.)

Are they going to increase the warp speed so I can finish my warp to that 20m au anom in less than 30 years?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ZombieLenin posted:

Are they going to increase the warp speed so I can finish my warp to that 20m au anom in less than 30 years?

CCP says the bug got fixed, so no. Besides those bugged anoms were somewhere deep inside the galactic void, so who knows what spooky things would have happened to you there? :v:

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

Now that I've resubbed I want to train into a t3c. Is the Tengu a good choice for pvp?

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

GeneticWeapon posted:

Now that I've resubbed I want to train into a t3c. Is the Tengu a good choice for pvp?

Loki has been the king of that area for awhile now

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

ragedx posted:

Sweet, thank you.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ragedx posted:

Loki has been king of most PvE and PvP roles for T3Cs for a while, you mean. CCP's efforts to make the other three stand out less in some roles simply resulted in a hard efficacy nerf in ALL roles to where Loki is the meta choice 90% of the time.

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

dragonshardz posted:

Loki has been king of most PvE and PvP roles for T3Cs for a while, you mean. CCP's efforts to make the other three stand out less in some roles simply resulted in a hard efficacy nerf in ALL roles to where Loki is the meta choice 90% of the time.

A Loki is better at PVE than a tengu?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Delve was pretty busy last night...

https://br.inyour.space/?s=4764&b=8829840&e=90&t=e :commissar: 10 shitfit rorqs after multiple warnings.
https://br.inyour.space/?s=4771&b=8829900&e=90&t=uub awoxing led to a TNT Hel eating poo poo (recon wasn't on field, pilot froze up), hostiles dropped too many dreads, that we mopped up :haw:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Wibla posted:

Delve was pretty busy last night...

https://br.inyour.space/?s=4764&b=8829840&e=90&t=e :commissar: 10 shitfit rorqs after multiple warnings.
https://br.inyour.space/?s=4771&b=8829900&e=90&t=uub awoxing led to a TNT Hel eating poo poo (recon wasn't on field, pilot froze up), hostiles dropped too many dreads, that we mopped up :haw:

wait what? You guys are commissaring rorqs for not having a proper fit? :lmao:

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Shooting space rocks is serious business, ok?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

I mean, if their shitfit is gonna make them a killmail eventually, why should anyone but us have it? :sun:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Dalael posted:

They do not have any excuse. They have been warned for weeks on Jabber, the forums, and Alliance and Imperium channels. Not to mention these are not the first people to get blapped for policy violations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

ZombieLenin posted:

They do not have any excuse. They have been warned for weeks on Jabber, the forums, and Alliance and Imperium channels. Not to mention these are not the first people to get blapped for policy violations.

Space policy is serious business.