Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Ignimbrite posted:

I just saw the Korean scans for chapter 223 and someone posted a translation on reddit.

poo poo

is

going

down

ch. 223 korean translation spoilers Oh nooo I had forgotten about Manbagi's first love and this just is turning into that again. Poor girl!!!

edit: also a new page. great. wow. just my luck. uh....well hope this chapter comes out soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Besides the manga itself, I saw a report that the mangaka's wife recently gave birth to their first child.

Sigh. I guess if you HAVE to skip a week, that's a good a reason as any.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

New chapter

my heart :gonk:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Aw, beans

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Whiplash: the Manga.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

oh no

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
:) :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
YES

WAIT

NOOO

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YESSS :pusheen:

BUT

ALSO YES :cawg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_439qLQzHs

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 13, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Good on you Komi but drat Gyaru got tangentially destroyed. You can pinpoint the exact moment her heart broke

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Someone needs to tell the author that the culture festival arcs are always supposed to be like, side-stories and throwaways that don't have any major revelations or gigantic twists

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

khy posted:

Someone needs to tell the author that the culture festival arcs are always supposed to be like, side-stories and throwaways that don't have any major revelations or gigantic twists
Apparently you haven't been reading Kaguya-sama?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Indiana_Krom posted:

Apparently you haven't been reading Kaguya-sama?

Nope, I haven't been. I've looked at it a couple times but the first ~100 or so chapters were tricky to find so I didn't bother.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Talk about an important event! Komi learned to Beyblade!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

khy posted:

get a load of this guy from opposite planet!!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So was that Komi speaking for herself at the end and not the dubbed lines? Tadano and the narrator seemed thrown off, but most of the speech bubbles didn't have lines pointing to her like they weren't her words.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ethiser posted:

So was that Komi speaking for herself at the end and not the dubbed lines? Tadano and the narrator seemed thrown off, but most of the speech bubbles didn't have lines pointing to her like they weren't her words.

You would be correct

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Ethiser posted:

She is speaking aloud, yeah. The "pretty font" is for her voice alone.

Since fakeouts are Oda's stock in trade, I'd bet real money that Tadano will praise Komi for public speaking, while the import of what she said, aloud, in front of the ENTIRE drat SCHOOL, will zoom over his head. Then he'll cheerfully go to Manbagi and ask if she's ready to walk around the festival together. Everyone they meet will say, and I quote, "?!"

They will then run into Onemine, who will reduce Tadano to cinders with a look.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Mirage posted:

Then he'll cheerfully go to Manbagi and ask if she's ready to walk around the festival together.

oh nooooo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

*flips table* arrrgh Manbagi deserves the winnn

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
poooooolllyyyyyygggaaaammmmmyyyyyyyy enddddiiiiinnngggggggggg

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I can't believe Komi committed (Komitted?) murder live on stage.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

time to buy a giant syringe imo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I powered through this over the past three days and enjoyed it thoroughly. Najimi's D&D alignment is Chaotic Joyful. Tadano / Katai is the OTP. Isagi may be a neat freak but the room got all dusty during the second panel of this page (after the Student Council election). But there's one great moment that I have to point out.

When the gang goes out for karaoke, Tadano picks "Tentai Kansoku" as his song. Most of the gang is ignoring him but Komi is watching and participating and enjoying the song. Later, during Golden Week Komi suggests that they go star gazing. Then they get rained on and have the trope of a young couple stuck in a secluded shed to get out of the rain.

"Tentai Kansoku" is a song about star gazing, like, that's how it is translated to English. The song is about a boy going to meet up with a girl and go star gazing. The radio tells him there won't be rain, but then it rains, cancelling the meetup. He never gets to see the girl again, writing and never sending so many letters to her that the pile falls over. Through all that, the boy still wants to go star gazing so they can chase the comet of the present. Komi heard that song and kept that in mind as a possible future activity. I marked out completely when I realized what she did.

Also "Tentai Kansoku" totally rocks. It's one of my favorite songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7CDb610Bg0

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Manbagi would have won if she'd kept the cool makeup.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Y'all know that Tadano hasn't decided squat yet right?

ahahahaha jk manbagi's probably gonna die alone :smithicide:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Manbagi/Komi

Tadano/Kitai

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Sorry.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
We.must kill Komi. It's the only way

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Are you mad!? One scornful glance from those cold eyes would turn a man to ice!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Clearly, the solution is to clone Tadano.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Manbagi/Komi

Tadano/Kitai
The only reasonable solution.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

The only truly logical solution:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CannonFodder posted:

I powered through this over the past three days and enjoyed it thoroughly. Najimi's D&D alignment is Chaotic Joyful. Tadano / Katai is the OTP. Isagi may be a neat freak but the room got all dusty during the second panel of this page (after the Student Council election). But there's one great moment that I have to point out.

When the gang goes out for karaoke, Tadano picks "Tentai Kansoku" as his song. Most of the gang is ignoring him but Komi is watching and participating and enjoying the song. Later, during Golden Week Komi suggests that they go star gazing. Then they get rained on and have the trope of a young couple stuck in a secluded shed to get out of the rain.

"Tentai Kansoku" is a song about star gazing, like, that's how it is translated to English. The song is about a boy going to meet up with a girl and go star gazing. The radio tells him there won't be rain, but then it rains, cancelling the meetup. He never gets to see the girl again, writing and never sending so many letters to her that the pile falls over. Through all that, the boy still wants to go star gazing so they can chase the comet of the present. Komi heard that song and kept that in mind as a possible future activity. I marked out completely when I realized what she did.

Also "Tentai Kansoku" totally rocks. It's one of my favorite songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7CDb610Bg0

Dang that's a super neat read that adds a lot to the scene.

Thanks for the explanation!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Mirage posted:

Front/Back so Komi can peep butts like a Japanese Tina Belcher, while the more direct Manbagi can get the D.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Now why is polygamy looked down upon in Japan or the west? Or at the very least threesomes?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Grouchio posted:

Now why is polygamy looked down upon in Japan or the west? Or at the very least threesomes?

Do not enable the "hurr durr I can't decide" cliche

That's my reason, anyway

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mirage posted:

This series made me cry at the end.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 15, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Justice for Botan.

Glad she got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Edit: Oh, it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf, of course.