Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Regular Avant wagon coming back. :getin:

Edit: god drat it the Allroad. :sigh: maybe it’ll be like a normal car?

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fknlo posted:

Corvette stuff is coming out. 2.8 0-60. The Z06 and ZR1 are going to be loving insane.

loving hell thats stupid fast, insane for the money

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

You can air ride it down to acceptable height but you still get the dumb plastic cladding.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Residency Evil posted:

Automakers have decided that wagons can sell enough in America as long as they get ugly plastic cladding :shrug:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I mean, I'm pretty ok with that trend. Mildly lifted awd wagons are sexy in my humble opinion. Now if they just had a decent enough tow rating, I'd have a perfect vehicle to aim for.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

FBS posted:

Automakers have decided that wagons can sell enough in America as long as they get ugly plastic cladding :shrug:

The Buick TourX has that stupid-rear end gray plastic too and it drives me nuts. It's even more obtrusive on the Buick since they added stupid little plateaus of it to the tops of the wheel wells.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Russian Bear posted:

You can air ride it down to acceptable height but you still get the dumb plastic cladding.

I'm sure the air suspension is reliable, right? :v:

Honestly, it doesn't look that high, and my wife wouldn't mind a wagon.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

FBS posted:

To be fair that looks damned good to me. And probably gets out of its own way better than my wife's outback (my biggest complaint with that thing, the h4 is loving gutless and the transmission runner band sucks. Put a Tesla power train underneath... I keep saying what I want is a Crosstrek powered by a performance Tesla motor/battery set.)

Elmnt80 posted:

I mean, I'm pretty ok with that trend. Mildly lifted awd wagons are sexy in my humble opinion. Now if they just had a decent enough tow rating, I'd have a perfect vehicle to aim for.
Agreed.

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
The extra ride height on the Allroad (at least for my A4-based one) isn’t really noticeable until you sit in the regular model. It’s also not really enough to give you SUV visibility... but that also means it doesn’t handle like a total boat.

I’d rather have the regular Avant but apparently that’s a very niche opinion in North America.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Hey guys, just popping in to reiterate that carmakers are forced to make everything a "light truck" because of CAFE, in order to keep gm and ford in business, not because carbuyers have any opinions.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is the Golf Sportwagen good? Top trim on the latest model has AWD, DSG and like 185 hp.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

prom candy posted:

Is the Golf Sportwagen good? Top trim on the latest model has AWD, DSG and like 185 hp.

I have an Alltrack and it's been great minus the roof leak they have. It's been fixed for a little bit now and seems fine now.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Kraftwerk posted:

If you want a Jetta in Europe you can buy the Skoda Octavia. It’s basically the same thing.

Yeah I like that one as well. Unfortunately they don't offer them in Germany. Sedans really sell poorly outside of upscale company cars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Scuttlebutt has it there are rumors of a return of the Excursion soon.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It's got what plants crave

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

gently caress this vehicle and anyone who had enough offspring to warrant it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I feel like all automotive design in the last decade has been leading up to this.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
I loving love it

I must have one

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Would

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

teenmomluvnlyf2004 posted:

Dodge/Chrysler as well as the Lexus GS-F which is very expensive and rare. And Infiniti still makes the Q70 sedan with a 5.6L 420HP V8 in both RWD and AWD.

I tried (not very hard) and failed (didn’t care) to find GSF sales numbers, but I can’t see numbers that small apparently.

Modus Man posted:

Hot drat I forgot about the GS-F, that is a beautiful looking car.

I had no idea about the Infinite Q70 though, so I looked it up and of the 1,400 or so Q70s listed on cars.com, 2 (yes t-w-o) of them are V8 rwd. That’s a really rare beast.

edit- we also missed the CTS-V

The CTS-V is shitcanned, isn’t it?

Well, I guess this answers why nobody wants naturally aspirated V8 rwd sedans any more.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ultimate Mango posted:

Well, I guess this answers why nobody wants naturally aspirated V8 rwd sedans any more.

The excursion, if it exists, should come with a 7.3 pushrod V8 and RWD standard.

It's a family truckster!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Powershift posted:

The excursion, if it exists, should come with a 7.3 pushrod V8 and RWD standard.

It's a family truckster!

This kind of owns.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Ultimate Mango posted:

The CTS-V is shitcanned, isn’t it?

The CTS-V is still being sold this year, so it counts, but yeah it’s done, no 2020. The new CT6-V has a V8 but it only comes in AWD.

3 row raptor? I’m in. Bring the hate. Also, bring the GT500 Motor.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

davebo posted:

gently caress this vehicle and anyone who had enough offspring to warrant it.

No, don't gently caress them, that's how they got into this mess in the first place.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift's photoshops have completely eroded my sense of reality when it comes to concept cars

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Powershift's photoshops have completely eroded my sense of reality when it comes to concept cars

It gets worse.

I thought "why doesn't ford sell a $100,000 top trim excursion", then i thought.....

The Gravigator. Smells like filet Mignon and seats 3.5

e: guess who discovered that all the vehicles in ford's build and price are rendered from the same angle :haw:

This is far too much power for one man

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 16, 2019

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

[quote="Powershift" post="499183320"]

e: guess who discovered that all the vehicles in ford's build and price are rendered from the same angle :haw:

This is seriously all Ive ever wanted.
Every truck does not need a god drat offroad lifted edition.

*pours 40oz for S10 Extreme, Ford Lightning, Tacoma X-Runner

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 16, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I didn't even bat an eye at that. It could come out tomorrow.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

More cars do though!

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 16, 2019

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Powershift posted:

More cars do though!

nnnnoooo this is an accord crosstour, kill it quickly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I liked the Accord Crosstour :(

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Powershift posted:

I liked the Accord Crosstour :(

It may well be very good at being what it is, but its proportions weird me out and I don't like it. Purely aesthetic.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Franco Caution posted:

[quote="Powershift" post="499183320"]

This is seriously all Ive ever wanted.

*pours 40oz for S10 Extreme, Ford Lightning, Tacoma X-Runner

No mention of the Syclone, loving shameful

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
breaking my hip at 32 because i was drunk and fell 6' out of my Ford F-650 EARTHSHAKER Edition

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 16, 2019

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
my friend from hockey fell off his work truck and broke his ankle. trucks are inherently dangerous.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

prom candy posted:

my friend from hockey fell off his work truck and broke his ankle. trucks are inherently dangerous.

I saw a guy hop out of a truck and got his foot tangled in a bag he was holding, dislocating his ankle. It was gnarly. Ban all trucks imo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've slipped off my running board tons of times, but luckily it was in a truck with a second running board below that to skin the back of my ankle to remind me not to do that so much.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29485294/volvo-xc40-recharge-ev-photos-info/

Volvo EV!

250 mile range, 408hp, 0-60 in 4.7 seconmds, and under 50 grand.

There are some buttons, and even a knob, but the main focus is still piano black plastic around a touchscreen, bah humbug.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

last time I was loading a HD truck I jumped out of the box over the side and fell on the landing because i forgot it was an over five foot drop

Those little Japanese micro trucks are the best

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Powershift posted:

I've slipped off my running board tons of times, but luckily it was in a truck with a second running board below that to skin the back of my ankle to remind me not to do that so much.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a29485294/volvo-xc40-recharge-ev-photos-info/

Volvo EV!

250 mile range, 408hp, 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, and under 50 grand.

There are some buttons, and even a knob, but the main focus is still piano black plastic around a touchscreen, bah humbug.

This is sweet. I drove the XC40 when I was looking at cars and it needed a bit more power. 408hp is more than I expected and much appreciated. Now I'm excited to see what Mazda has for their upcoming EV reveal. We need cool cheaper stuff like this vs 200k Porsche bullshit.
Well, I guess we need both. But more on the side normal folks can afford.

I am interested to see how much this cost over the regular XC40s.
I can get an Inscription up to $48,820 without too many options.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Also interesting to see if that price is before or after the tax credits, because at 408hp for the electric, it might be dumb to get the gas version.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

No mention of the Syclone, loving shameful

Or the typhoon!