Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

Really? Man, who was that?? He posts effortposts in this thread sometimes. Maybe A Buttery Pastry or someone.

Pretty sure it was Pastry yeah. Those were good days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DrSunshine posted:

Really? Man, who was that?? He posts effortposts in this thread sometimes. Maybe A Buttery Pastry or someone.
Definitely me.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Well, actually, it was changed last October and no one remember to change it back :effort:

I’ve asked! Alas, dead gay comedy forum is dead.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Definitely me.

Well, I am making your pop pyramid game, and someday when I finish, there will be your name in the acknowledgements. If you have brilliant effortpost-like suggestions for mechanics, feel free to PM me!! :)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

CK2 might work really well as a phone game IMO. Guess we'll see how the Stellaris one goes

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Paradox: Going public isn't going to change the way we make games or the sort of games we make.

*couple years later*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
0.99 to 109.99 per item

e: that's british dubloons or whatever too so.. there is something you can buy in it that is $140????

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
laffo

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

0.99 to 109.99 per item

e: that's british dubloons or whatever too so.. there is something you can buy in it that is $140????

jpegs aren't cheap!

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Well, actually, it was changed last October and no one remember to change it back :effort:

Just change it to Charles I.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

0.99 to 109.99 per item

It's the large currency pack. Game has premium currency lmao.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Paradox: Going public isn't going to change the way we make games or the sort of games we make.

Just lol if you believed that. The same people with the same mentality work there doing the design, but going to publicly listed ownership fundamentally changes the business relationship between owner and customer. It's been proven true time and time again and no one is impervious to the will of the shareholder.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Demiurge4 posted:

It's the large currency pack. Game has premium currency lmao.

Wow this really is the perfectly spooky announcement just in time for Halloween!!!

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
I can't even find it to download it so woo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Just lol if you believed that. The same people with the same mentality work there doing the design, but going to publicly listed ownership fundamentally changes the business relationship between owner and customer. It's been proven true time and time again and no one is impervious to the will of the shareholder.

Yeah, capitalism and having a board of directors make it functionally impossible to not turn to poo poo. Some companies sort of resist, or try to compromise, but in the end the system always wins because that's what it's designed to do. Jim Sterling's whole thing is pointing out how these forces are making games very bad.

What I'm saying is: gamers rise up. Nationalize paradox.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Baronjutter posted:

What I'm saying is: gamers rise up. Nationalize paradox.

Hmm... could be a bit of a pain. We'd have to invade switzerland or whatever, install an occupation force, and annex the country, all to nationalize a video game company.

We still have some aggressive expansion left over from Iraq too, could affect our stability!

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 15, 2019

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Wait is Stellaris mobile the big announcement? :confuoot:

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lkbynv8Abg

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Eimi posted:

Wait is Stellaris mobile the big announcement? :confuoot:

lol we hyped a mobile game. It's just like that other time a company hyped something and announced a mobile game, but don't worry guys we're self aware. Our ad-filled micro-transaction skinner box is like... ironic. We're cool though, we can make jokes about it. And when this game makes a ton of money and the shareholders demand more and more focus on extremely profitable low-effort mobile games, we'll continue to roll with the punches and make jokes. When the shareholders demand more mobile game style mechanics in our PC games, again, we won't say no, but we'll totally have some funny in-game fluff that makes it clear we're very self-aware about the whole thing.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

pdox gonna release Victoria 3 as a mobile game, the monkeys paw is real

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

So that video ad couldn't find a better idea than "now you can play a game ON YOUR PHONE in SUBWAY".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Very self-aware marketing.

*Glances awkwardly at MakeSpaceGreatAgain.jpg*

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
weirdly making that one woman who does a bunch of mobile games head or whatever that story was a year back leads to mobile games

paradox pls

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

People on reddit already noticed that there are messages that call this game Nova Empire.

Hmmm.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamebeartech.nova&hl=en

Hmmm.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DrSunshine posted:

Well, I am making your pop pyramid game, and someday when I finish, there will be your name in the acknowledgements. If you have brilliant effortpost-like suggestions for mechanics, feel free to PM me!! :)
The most important part is giving the player the chance to enact sensible policies like lowering the voting age, adding a maximum voting age, or implementing Mark Blyth's "three free Martinis and cigars a day for the 50+ crowd" elderly elimination policies, instead of limiting electoral politics to things that a "sensible" centrist would do.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ilitarist posted:

People on reddit already noticed that there are messages that call this game Nova Empire.

Hmmm.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamebeartech.nova&hl=en

Hmmm.

Paradox you're loving up!!!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Not only did they hype up a mobile game based on a mostly PC-centric property, but said mobile game is also a reskin of a different mobile game that plays nothing like the PC game, with little to no change in actual gameplay? If it weren't for the fact that this wasn't announced as the Big Thing™ at a convention, it'd literally be worse than the immortal announcement, as there you could at least squint and see an ARPG.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

At least they had sense to not make it a grand reveal on PDXCON. They've learned something from Blizzard.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Zoom in on the tanks. Original design, do not steal.

Also totally not a Warthog

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Huh, yeah, if Paradox is gonna reskin a mobile game, maybe they should pick one that isn't engaging in blatant copyright theft.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Emily is a fan of certain circular intellectual properties. Emily also believes that IP protection is theft.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

Also totally not a Warthog

(Scorpion, not Warthog, Warthog is a jeep)

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Airspace posted:

(Scorpion, not Warthog, Warthog is a jeep)

Warthog behind the text.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
We firmly believe that only the unrelenting pursuit of copyrighted imagery can maintain our franchise's survival.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Cynic Jester posted:

Warthog behind the text.

Oh, there it is, oops. Sorry.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

The big announcement is gona be a comet response dlc for eu4

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The tanks still have UNSC on them :psyduck:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh my god how embarrassing haha. Ok now it makes sense why Jake left.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I keep kinda hoping that all our "favs" at Paradox go off and make their own little indie group and let the mobile game shovelers and white supremacists to run paradox into the ground*

*as in record profits and stock performance by making games I do not respect or enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm guessing sassy, ironic twitter isn't going to have so much to say about this part.