Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Yeah dude but do you realize how many views she’s gotten across her various soc meds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This one's even more hosed up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kg4vVYKc90

Skip to 3:30 to just see the particle.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 9, 2019

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Better use gloves, wouldn't want to be bitten by an ant

also holy gently caress that's a big piece

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Naval ship destroyed by silkworm missile after CIWS radar was blinded by novelty minion glasses. -2020 headline

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Cool
Cool

https://twitter.com/kyruer/status/1184018510835568641?s=21

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So... errr... Did we just supply Russian mercs with a fob?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
You know the answer to that question

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What were they supposed to have done, make Pvt Snuffy dump out every single sandbag?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Hit the self-destruct button, of course.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

aphid_licker posted:

What were they supposed to have done, make Pvt Snuffy dump out every single sandbag?

Leave food to attract rodents and their predators, poo poo in corners and creative spaces.

Alternatively, drop two 2000lb JDAMs on the FOB. :black101:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Had to at least have had some phosphorous grenades that were reaching their best by date

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Like Putin would allow Don to do any of that

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

aphid_licker posted:

Unironically yes. Tell the president that it'll take 4 weeks to dismantle the base to prevent Russia ISIS from taking it over. In the meantime, he'll either forget or something will happen to change his mind, and we'll be in position to at least glare menacingly at Turkish genocide squads.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Don’t elect President McEmbarrassment if you don’t want to be a global embarrassment.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Leave food to attract rodents and their predators, poo poo in corners and creative spaces.

Alternatively, drop two 2000lb JDAMs on the FOB. :black101:

https://twitter.com/repkinzinger/status/1184650759377473536?s=21

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hypothetically speaking, what would be the consequences of putting down mines on the way out?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Hypothetically speaking, what would be the consequences of putting down mines on the way out?

"Why, we're as surprised as you are!" :troll:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Oh, if I was in charge I'd booby trap the gently caress out of it. Then after they send in teams to clear it, bomb the place to hell. Rinse repeat until they're too afraid to enter any abandoned FOBs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

For those of your who support mines, I say look to Laos and Cambodia. Or even Iraq. Mines are a blight and should be banned.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EBB posted:

For those of your who support mines, I say look to Laos and Cambodia. Or even Iraq. Mines are a blight and should be banned.

Ya. gently caress mines and CBU. That poo poo is loving awesome in theory but the reality is just a nightmare for people that are not in anyway involved in the conflicts.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Yes we should only kill people politely.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Land mines, mustard gas, cross bows whatever have been a blight on their time. It’s not the tools but war itself that is the blight. Problem with this philosophy 101 class? Get China/Russia to stop. What morale high ground can be achieved when you live in their shadow

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
This is still the cool video thread right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/calibreobscura/status/1184482457489477632?s=21

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

RestRoomLiterature- posted:

Land mines, mustard gas, cross bows whatever have been a blight on their time. It’s not the tools but war itself that is the blight. Problem with this philosophy 101 class? Get China/Russia to stop. What morale high ground can be achieved when you live in their shadow

Hrm yes the terrorists cut the heads off living civilians, clearly that means it's an option for us because it's the war not the tools

(both of these things are bad, hth)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How's that boot taste in your mouth?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yes, war bad. Yes, I am a pacifist now. We discuss these topics in less broad terms than you're painting.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Yes we should only kill people politely.

You should only kill the right people. Mines are bad this.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
It's also nice if when you're done killing people, the land you killed them on becomes useful for other purposes.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
*the land mine defender has logged on

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Spend an afternoon talking with someone from UNMAS or an EOD unlit and find out how cool they think land mines and cluster bombs are. :allears:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Based on the results coming out of Ukraine, you might as well try outlawing artillery. Submunitions have overturned some of the fundamental relationships of the combat arms, and fighting a peer opponent without them isn't going to be possible.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Madurai posted:

Based on the results coming out of Ukraine, you might as well try outlawing artillery. Submunitions have overturned some of the fundamental relationships of the combat arms, and fighting a peer opponent without them isn't going to be possible.

That's a good point. Cluster bombs have been around for decades and now modern artillery rounds have sub-munitions to deal with infantry and armor simultaneously. Whatever the dud rate is, it's too high.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

land mines are the gift that keeps on giving

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Seriously, duds are a thing. A terrifying thing. Even mining explosives - pretty much the best case scenario for blowing poo poo up in a controlled environment - dud sometimes.

A facility I work with had a road excavated from a rock face. Five years later the frost / thaw cycle worked a stick of unexploded dynamite from a blasting hole and into the ditch.

Thankfully this is an industrial facility where the workers are trained to recognize hazmat and know how to deal with explosives, not some abandoned third world village where barefoot children scavenge for scraps.

The child of a terrorist, or terrorist-adjacent farmer, is still a loving child.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Don't leave unguarded minefields lying around. Easily the biggest mistake the Australians made in Vietnam.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Seriously, duds are a thing. A terrifying thing. Even mining explosives - pretty much the best case scenario for blowing poo poo up in a controlled environment - dud sometimes.

A facility I work with had a road excavated from a rock face. Five years later the frost / thaw cycle worked a stick of unexploded dynamite from a blasting hole and into the ditch.

Thankfully this is an industrial facility where the workers are trained to recognize hazmat and know how to deal with explosives, not some abandoned third world village where barefoot children scavenge for scraps.

The child of a terrorist, or terrorist-adjacent farmer, is still a loving child.
Their parent identifies as a freedom fighter thank you very much

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Especially after their kid gets blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

MRC48B posted:

Especially after their kid gets blown up.

:drat: