Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/1184109247593885696

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

Clearly knows nothing about game de....

Oh.

:lol:

creative director. He clearly KNAGD

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Bløbers is going haywire in the comments.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sandweed posted:

Bløbers is going haywire in the comments.

Called it!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Can't wait for Joe Blobbers to show up in the comments section!

... Although I can't pat myself on the back too much. It was kind of a foregone conclusion.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I wonder what Blobbers will say when 2020 comes and goes with no sign of a SQ42 beta...

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Back when I actually tried to play this mess, I never really tried to shoot the pilot.

Instead, my thing was to sneak aboard a Starfarer (the biggest ship at the time and a mess of side rooms and hallways), wait till they took off, and use the /cry emote a couple of times. The pilot would hear these creepy sobs, and you could hear them get out of the pilot seat and look around.

As long as I was crouched I wouldn't make any other noise, just the occasional sob... One guy must have been so creeped out he just logged out and I was suddenly left in space. Or his client crashed. You never can tell with Star Citizen.

:lol:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I wonder what Blobbers will say when 2020 comes and goes with no sign of a SQ42 beta...

The same as usual. The game development started in 2018, they polish pipelines, rubbing will commence any minute now, 350M of backers can't be wrong, etc, etc.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Noting will change for him. Even the numbers won't change, nogame will still has been 3 years into devlopment and is already an amazing masterpiece with way more soon to come.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
It's amusing to watch Charlie Hall change over the years. He used to be a massive shill for SC, to the point where Derek went full warlord on him. At this point, he probably realized how pointless internet fights were, since SC would never release anyway, so he went silent for a while.

Now, he eventually drops a completely tone deaf article about SC new features, without anything positive or negative about. It's almost like he is doing the bare minimum to be able to claim they still cover SC.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

And that Cold dude... man he is definitely a goon, he should be writing dreams.txt in the thread instead.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
good times

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

*He types from his passenger zeppelin, which did not fail and was a massive success*

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

his nibs posted:

good times

He missed a rage-inducing 'your' in there.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

IronicDongz posted:

I still can't get over that comment from earlier. I love that none of these people understand that this doesn't work because everyone has the fantasy of being the shithead space capitalist lording over like 10 other players
and nobody has the fantasy of being lorded over by the shithead space capitalist
the numbers are not there sis

The usual excuse for this is that the resulting vacuum will be filled with NPCs that have been not so subtly implied to be as lifelike as real players.

If you bring up this point (no one wanting to eat poo poo for someone else in a videogame) then this is usually the response.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

He missed a rage-inducing 'your' in there.

Dickens he ain't.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Agony Aunt posted:

I sneaked on a ship about a year or so ago. Waited for the pilot to take off. Shot him in the head at point blank range while he was sitting in the pilot chair, multiple times. He didn't die. Then he, flickered, glitched, then teleported out of the seat, shot me once, and i died.

Semper fidelitus.

Probably because when you get in the pilot seat, you "become" the ship. So you were firing a hand weapon against the HP of whatever ship he or she was flying.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Blobers, you could give Stevie Wonder a keg of whiskey, a full choked shotgun and spin him around a few times, then tell him to shoot and hit a moving F1 race car going at full chat 5 miles away and he'd still do a better job of hitting the target than any of CI¬g's roadmap predictions.

The lump in CR's throat is Blobers' friggin nose.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sabreseven posted:

Ah yes, that mature (waves hands round pretending they are space ships), big picture (make that pixel blue not green) thinker CR.

Last time he had anything to do with the "big picture" was when Costner sued him for not making it.

I don't think CR is at all mature or grown up mentally in the slightest, he giggles like a schoolgirl over his own poorly thought out 'game' "ideas" rather, absolves himself of the burden of guilt when failing or doing wrong (it was the dog mommy, honest), spits all over a tech demo's Birthday cake like a dribbling toddler, and spends 8 hours writting a rebuttal that reads as if an 8 year old got called "Captain Poopypants" by his arch nemesis "Captain Smart". To top it off, he spends his days prying money from the wallets of those who seem to either be a bit gullable or/and enjoy any and all forms of torture (the 'game', the 'QT' times, the needless tedium, the pricing of undelivered ingame items, the ridiculous "lore" that has no connection to anything in the game, the endless Youtube spam of marketing bullshittery, the endless obvious shills like Blobers/Zilla recruiting any braindead walking cashbag left, the overarching Coolaid culture, and the general shittiness of anything related at all to CI¬g).

The whole thing, as it goes on without actually going anywhere, feels more and more like watching "Jonestown part duex - The Crobbler refactorium" and has absolutely no simularity to actual dev work being carried out on countless actual games (seriously, they do things so rear end-backwards at CI¬g that it's as if they are purposefully taking the piss and wasting money) other than CI¬g occasionally trying to explain how a piece of in-engine tech worked 20 years ago (which they immediately claim to have invented).

(Lots of words, I do apologize, and then immediately absolve myself of everything) :P

:bisonyes:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/L8jcdmD.gifv

Drake Worm

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 15, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I see Skyrim in the crater.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

marumaru
May 20, 2013

saving for posterity when people ask me why star citizen is boring and sucks

marumaru
May 20, 2013

it's not meant to be fun you stupid millennial

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

Iirc years and years ago the running explanation was that on logout your avatar would be replaced with an exact copy npc that does everything you would normally do.

*npc immediatly starts wanking*

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

175 upvotes and 100 comments so far... :homebrew: :munch:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Which ship is the downvote button and why does reddit hate it so?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kikas posted:

Which ship is the downvote button and why does reddit hate it so?

The bottom one and I'm pretty sure it's actually a Kilrathi ship from Wing Commander.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

The bottom one and I'm pretty sure it's actually a Kilrathi ship from Wing Commander.

Actually, it's the Kilrathi ship from Star Citizen, but you'll be excused for making that mistake.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

It's the stupid vanduuuuuuul ship that looks like a sword.

Paging Sarsa to the thread for his funny ship descriptions.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My hovercraft is full of eels

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Confirm that for a second you thought that is an actuall Star Citizen bug report

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

tuo posted:

Confirm that for a second you thought that is an actuall Star Citizen bug report

They all blur into one...

PLACING TURTLE IN PROSPECTOR KILLS YOU

e: incidentally players are still turning invisible, but no longer reporting being an eyeball.

I think they made the ball invisible...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/byQZ8G9.mp4

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

UnknownTarget posted:

Probably because when you get in the pilot seat, you "become" the ship. So you were firing a hand weapon against the HP of whatever ship he or she was flying.

That can't be true. Its not fidelitious enough.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CATERPILLAR WAS NOT A JOKE!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

They all blur into one...

PLACING TURTLE IN PROSPECTOR KILLS YOU

e: incidentally players are still turning invisible, but no longer reporting being an eyeball.

I think they made the ball invisible...

Wait...
Placing a turtle on the floor of your space chariot kills you? How does that even happen?!? Does the physics engine send the turtle flying into your character fast enough to kill you or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Bofast posted:

Wait...
Placing a turtle on the floor of your space chariot kills you? How does that even happen?!? Does the physics engine send the turtle flying into your character fast enough to kill you or something?

Unknown. Maybe it emits argon?