Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Sanada vs Okada - Liked it more than Sanada's first IWGP shot this year, but not as much as the G1 and New Japan cup match. But still real good

I think I'd rank them G1 > NJC = KoPW > Dontaku, and while I'm fairly certain I gave the NJC final a MOTYC the fact that they've done it 3 times since then is kind of wearing on me. It gets an HM from me because of that. But it was still really good! Probably actually better than Liger/Suzuki, in terms of strictly the wrestling being performed, but that was one was more fresh. Plus, Battle Liger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
All of these are from KOPW 14/10

MOTYC : Suzuki v Liger
HM : Ospreay v ELP
MOTYC : Okada v SANADA

yeah giving two MOTYC in one show is a little over the top but i really loved both those matches and I include everything surrounding a match in my overall rating. So the post match stuff tipped them both over to MOTYC for me. I loved the emotion that SANADA showed. I don't think it was better than the g1 match but it was better than the NJ cup match and i probably gave that a MOTYC rating.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All of these are from KOPW 14/10
MOTYC : Okada v SANADA

2nd this

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
HM for Sanada/Okada from me as well.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

KOPW today

HM Will vs ELP
HM SANADA vs Okada

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Oh I forgot to nominate the Jr. Title match. Put me down for a MOTYC on that one. I didn't think the finishing sequence went too long, like some people seemed to. Will and ELP are really good together.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I'm going to go MOTY on ELP/Will as well. The last five minutes was a little much but other than that it was absolutely incredible stuff from two people who work really well together.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Sanada vs Okada - Liked it more than Sanada's first IWGP shot this year, but not as much as the G1 and New Japan cup match. But still real good

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Will Ospreay vs ELP

Finish went a bit too long but that was a fun JR match

forkboy84 posted:

HM - Juice Robinson vs Lance Archer (King of Pro Wrestling, 10/14)

Real enjoyable plunder match

TriffTshngo posted:

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs Jushin Thunder Liger (King of Pro Wrestling, 10/14)

These guys are both over 50. This was loving incredible. Transitioned from faux-Pancrase match, to weapon brawling on the outside, to exciting New Japan main event style match, to pissed off old men screaming at each other and hitting each other in the face a lot. A satisfying, exciting climax to a 6 month blood feud between two contemporaries who've known each other for decades. This is how you book a legends feud.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: 10/14 | Kota Ibushi vs. EVIL for the Tokyo Dome Rights Holder Certificate - New Japan King of Pro Wrestling

Started slow, picked up steam and ended absolutely top-notch with a fantastic finishing sequence. Just great wrestling.

nth

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

TriffTshngo posted:

These guys are both over 50. This was loving incredible. Transitioned from faux-Pancrase match, to weapon brawling on the outside, to exciting New Japan main event style match, to pissed off old men screaming at each other and hitting each other in the face a lot. A satisfying, exciting climax to a 6 month blood feud between two contemporaries who've known each other for decades. This is how you book a legends feud.

Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sure I could have watched KOPW but why would I do that on Puebla night?

HM: Stuka Jr vs Templario (10/14 CMLL) Stuka was feeling it with the dives tonight.
HM: Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero from the same show. The rare Puebla main event to get time and not end in a man kicked in the balls.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 15, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Nth.

loving amazing. One of the best matches I've seen in years. Two GOATs telling an amazing story. So so good.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

and not end in a man kicked in the balls.

I'm gonna assume it was downgraded to HM due to this!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Catching up on NJPW this morning, and definitely going MOTY for Ospreay/ELP as well. Enjoyed the hell out of that match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger, NJPW King of Pro Wrestling, 14/10
MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW King of Pro Wrestling, 14/10
HM: Lance Archer vs. Juice Robinson, NJPW King of Pro Wrestling, 14/10
HM: Kota Ibushi vs. EVIL, NJPW King of Pro Wrestling, 14/10
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Kazuchika Okada, NJPW King of Pro Wrestling, 14/10

Even I'm a bit over SANADA/Okada at this point but they still draw me into a tense ending sequence and the emotional aftermath really got to me.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Shuji Ishikawa, AJPW Super Power Series (5/20)
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii, New Japan Cup (3/23)
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA, New Japan Cup (3/24)

HM: Hideyoshi Kamitani & Jake Lee vs. Naoya Nomura & Taishi Takizawa, AJPW Growin' Up (5/21)
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW Sengoku Lord in Nagoya (4/20)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This whole King of Pro Wrestling show is amazing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm gonna assume it was downgraded to HM due to this!

You can't use a great finish like that twice in a row.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cav posted:

Pre-emptive MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela from next week's AEW Dark.

Just make sure to watch Dark next week. Trust me on this one.

Yeppppppp.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Cav posted:

Yeah Nth, CHRIST

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MOTYC
Kenny Omega vs Joey Janala - AEW Dark October 15th

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Omega vs. Janela, AEW Dark, oh gently caress what was that insanity

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cav posted:

Nth

There's no way this needs my nth to qualify, but it's getting it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM Kenny Omega vs Joey Janala - AEW Dark October 15th

a sick nasty bump freakshow but compelling throughout. i am totally over worrying about wrestlers taking too many bumps these deviants love to do it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cav posted:

Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cav posted:

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

njsykora posted:

MOTYC

Yup agreed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Omega vs. Janela, AEW Dark, oh gently caress what was that insanity

drat

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

njsykora posted:

MOTYC

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela - AEW: Dark Oct 15, 2019

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela

HM: Ospreay and El Phantasmo at NJPW King of Pro Wrestling

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Peter Avalon vs. Kip Sabien vs. Sonny Kiss, AEW Dark, 15/10
HM: SCU/CIMA vs. The Dark Order/The Hybrid 2, AEW Dark, 15/10
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela, AEW Dark, 15/10

I like that they realised they needed to get eyes on their new Youtube show so just said "hey Kenny, find an opponent and go out and have a banger"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oh but seriously I posted:

a sick nasty bump freakshow but compelling throughout. i am totally over worrying about wrestlers taking too many bumps these deviants love to do it

Good way to sum up my feelings.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janella, AEW Dark
Goddamn, they made this a free online match?

Motyc: Will Ospreay vs El Phantasmo, KoPW:
This was my favorite match this year that featured neither Ishii or Shingo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
HM: Ryusuke Taguchi & Rocky Romero vs TJP & Clark Connors, New Japan, Road to Power Struggle 10/16/19

good balance of comedy and serious wrasslin'. SuperCoach and TJP/Connors are both incredible teams. TJP is a nob but he's so incredibly good in New Japan

HM: Volador Jr. & Titan vs Tiger Mask & Yuya Uemura, New Japan, Road to Power Struggle 10/16/19

total sleeper match, you would not believe how good this match is from just seeing it on paper. titan and volador jr. have incredible tag team offense and do a great job cutting off the ring and mauling valiant babyface uemura.

the Birds of Prey vs Ishimori/ELP match and Despy/Kanemaru vs RP3k match are also good and the undercard tags are fine. whole show is worth a watch if you have time.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

oh but seriously I posted:

:same: HM from me as well

Speaking of Joey Janela, I've been binging Beyond:

HM: 07/12 | Kris Statlander vs. Joey Janela - Beyond Uncharted Territory S01E11
Statlander is going to be a star sooner rather than later. She's a complete package and so polished, it's hard to believe she's been doing this for a little more than two years at this point. She puts on great performances all the time, but here she goes to war with the Bad Boy. The fact that this match features almost no plunder serves as a great reminder that Janela is so much more than a deathmatch guy. There's maybe too much kicking out of devastating moves towards the end, but the crowd eats it up, so I'm not going to hold it against the match too much. A fantastic showcase for both of them.

MOTYC: 07/28 | David Starr vs. Joey Janela in a 60 Minute Iron Man Match - Beyond Americanrana 2019
I just keeps on going and going, maintaining drama all through the whole hour. As brutal as this rivalry deserves.

Also from Americanrana:

HM: 07/28 | IWTV Independent Wrestling Championship: RD Evans vs. Orange Cassidy(c) in a Career vs. Title Match - Beyond Americanrana 2019
https://twitter.com/bigwillieisms/status/1155605794777419781

MOTYC: 07/28 | Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Chris Dickinson - Beyond Americanrana 2019
Beef! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

And some leftover Stardom stuff:

HM: 09/22 | Kagetsu vs. Arisa Hoshiki - Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix 2019 Finals
Both are eliminated ahead of their final block matches, but with Arisa being the Wonder of Stardom champion, there's still stakes. It's perhaps a bit obvious that they're just teasing a future match here, but they're doing an excellent job of doing just that while putting on a match that manages to stand on its own as well.

HM: 09/22 | Momo Watanabe vs. Mayu Iwatani - Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix 2019 Finals
Moments earlier Momo got eliminated from the tournament by the result of the match before this one. Mayu can still make it to the final, but absolutely has to win. Momo fully embraces her role as potential spoiler and Mayu is of course perfect as the fiery babyface trying to overcome The Odds™.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Cav posted:

Nth, obviously

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela :rip:, AEW Dark
A bit weak on the transitions between spots to make it a MOTYC but still hell of fun

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

TriffTshngo posted:

quote:

Unnecessary Nth to both of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

njsykora posted:

MOTYC

omg