Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Inland Empire basically leaves you a few steps removed from a Malkavian in Bloodlines. This game is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Broken Cog posted:

Electro Chemistry comes up a lot as well, but you can mostly ignore its advice.

On the other hand, never ignore its advice

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, if you break down the door behind the curtains in the book shop, there's an absolutely massive area back there with tons of stuff and money.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So can you get screwed over if you waste too much time dicking around? I'm not very far in the game, but I do like to click on EVERYTHING and I'm just worried that I'm going to let too much time go by

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
God the whole exchange with the union boss is so cool. First conversation I've had that felt like a "battle" and it was very tense and the way it played out felt like a really accurate reflection of the character I'm building

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I dont know wether to make a smart super competent cop who sucks at life and dies to anything or a highly smart and empathetic one that cant do any sort of physical task

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
PSA: You can click on the morale/health item to not die when you lose your last bar, it does not auto-proc.

Very important when having only 1 morale, a single sip of alcohol was killing me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

goferchan posted:

God the whole exchange with the union boss is so cool. First conversation I've had that felt like a "battle" and it was very tense and the way it played out felt like a really accurate reflection of the character I'm building

Lol, my low Int conversation was just me saying a bunch of dumb stuff and the union boss getting caught off guard

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

quote:

Damaged Ledger - "It's just toilet paper, sticking to the back of the plastic clipboard. You can take it off if you want.
YOU - Maybe it's Kitchen tissue? They look exactly the same.
Damaged Ledger - If you *want(* it to be kitchen tissue, it can be kitchen tissue.
Perception (Smell) - It's not, though. It's toilet paper.

quote:

1. Pick up the Ticket stubs
2. Pick up the card.
3. loving kill yourself you rear end in a top hat
4. Close the permeables compartment

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same.

Should I go for White Mourning, Regretful Self-examining Cop, or neither? Both give no bonuses at this point and -1 to Authority, and I only have 2 Authority, so I'm not taking both. I'm not even sure I should take either.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

Lol, my low Int conversation was just me saying a bunch of dumb stuff and the union boss getting caught off guard

I love that it's actually possible to confuse people by saying off the wall stuff. The fact that npcs react to and engage with the "random" dialogue options is great. It's not just there as cheap humor

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

I had an 5 int communist w/ points in rhetoric and was getting ready to go full :ussr: on the company rep. I failed the reaction speed check and spent a minute flailing my arms trying to think of an argument.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Veris posted:

I had an 5 int communist w/ points in rhetoric and was getting ready to go full :ussr: on the company rep. I failed the reaction speed check and spent a minute flailing my arms trying to think of an argument.

the accuracy is uncanny

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Where's the company rep? Can't find em.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

an actual dog posted:

Where's the company rep? Can't find em.

behind the book building/near the apartments

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Oh god, one of the voices just warned me I'm turning into a Liberal

Edit: I am now a Liberal

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

gulag

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

dios mio!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I didn't succeed

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Broken Cog posted:

As a Communist I must shove you in a locker now.

*Fails skill check and trips into open locker, tries not to cry*

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

does anyone know a place to find a paintbrush that doesnt involve cindy?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

That rules lol. Mine was a back-and-forth of us trying to own each other in different ways that all showed up as +'s and -'s in the skill check at the end

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Well I just opened a shipping container by reasoning with it, and found a 1 per-center so rich that light bent around them.

10/10

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

how the gently caress I missed this idea

how the gently caress any of us missed this idea

this goddamn game allows you to be Dirk Gently, get on it ASAP

singateco
Jan 28, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Don't tell this poo poo in public, it's gross

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Holy poo poo I got a thought that gives me +3 Perception, at the small cost of losing out on a point of Encyclopedia.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Infinity Gaia posted:

Holy poo poo I got a thought that gives me +3 Perception, at the small cost of losing out on a point of Encyclopedia.

What was that from?

DrinkingBird
Sep 26, 2017
I managed to beg some money out of a certain bourgeois negotiator and I immediately splurged it on the Suzerainty boardgame. I can say with absolute certainty that it was worth every reál.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Does anyone know if this runs ok under proton on steam?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
is there some way to get 3440x1440 work

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
That is even better than my -1 Encyclopedia for +2 Physical Instrument, especially since to get that bonus I need to not be wearing a shirt.

Also updates on Cop of the Apocalypse who punches all the objects. I punched Cuno and now he respects me. Also he wants to sell me some pants that my Physical Instrument, and I think Savoir-Faire but not sure on the second one, both want me to buy them.

Also for those wondering Cop of the Apocalypse ups the max level of Shivers and Inland Empire to 6. Of course my Shivers already had a max level of 6 so it was only half useful.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pwnstar posted:

What was that from?

Indirect: You have to learn about something invisible. And be the kind of person who believes in invisible things, probably.
Direct: Ask the Cryptozoologist's Wife about Invisible Cryptids, you probably need high Inland Empire too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
97 minutes played and so far my most impressive achievement is punching a small child in the face

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

how the gently caress I missed this idea

how the gently caress any of us missed this idea

this goddamn game allows you to be Dirk Gently, get on it ASAP
I want you to know that not only did I get that reference, but, it truly delights me to hear someone else did also. When I came to that realization after about... fifteen minutes of play I feared I might be alone but there are dozens, literally dozens of us who read about the Holistic Detective Agency!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 16, 2019

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

97 minutes played and so far my most impressive achievement is punching a small child in the face

Hey at least he respects you (a little) now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

If I didn't have really low motor I would have at least tried to shoot his friend too

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Am I doing centrism right?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

is there some way to get 3440x1440 work

Devs said they will patch in ultra wide support some time in the near future

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

time to cancel this game, brb

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yo how do I get a map lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The skills represented as voices in your head is such a brilliant solution to the paragraphs of description and narration that you can run into in CRPGS. Even really long conversations feel snappy when they're jumping between multiple voices in a dialogue like they do here . I can usually feel my attention span being sapped when I play text heavy games for long sessions but somehow this doesn't make me zone out at ALL . The passive skill checks are also really smart -- even when it's not clear when that they'll have an affect on the outcome it's cool to feel like "I'm seeing this because it's true to the character I'm playing"