Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My plans are as follows:
1. Watch Denk or NL or someone play through story mode
2. Wait a while and repeat for Southpaw Showcase
3. The end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

If you’re really dying to play the bad WWE game they’re always on deep discount everywhere on Black Friday.

I think Target also does buy 2 get 1 free during the holidays, so you could buy two good games and get this one free. Either way I hope no one pays anything close to full price for this turd.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wresnocontext/status/1184277750795898880?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

My plans are as follows:
1. Watch Denk or NL or someone play through story mode
2. Wait a while and repeat for Southpaw Showcase
3. The end

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tart Kitty posted:

FFNY loving rules, and it sucks that we won't ever get a remaster because of the insane licensing involved, but I would have loved to have seen that specific fight club-style engine get used in other games.
Hasn't Def Jam Records been threatening to do something with that series for a while now?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Kins posted:

Hasn't Def Jam Records been threatening to do something with that series for a while now?

popular belief is that they're mostly full of poo poo since game journalists haven't heard anything about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1184326173771390981
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1184326844159541248

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
22nd is Tuesday?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1184345149779972096

When even MDickie is making GBS threads on your quality

Golden Bee posted:

22nd is Tuesday?

Stream starting at midnight maybe?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

22nd is Tuesday?

An hour after Raw is midnight Eastern Tuesday, yep

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

22nd is Tuesday?

Yes, an hour after Raw is Tuesday.

They should run it during Raw, though.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1184345149779972096

When even MDickie is making GBS threads on your quality

Stream starting at midnight maybe?

I'm surprised to see MDickie being self aware.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mearn posted:

I'm surprised to see MDickie being self aware.

I want to believe he was changed by the redemption saga of Bully Demise

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I know graphics have been discussed to death for 2k20 but heres a direct comparison for every characters face from 2k19 to 2k20 https://youtu.be/gKU3K9hPBBw

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Uncanny Valley doesn’t even fit in this case they just look like PS2 faces. No ones looking at these and going “it’s so close to realistic but one small thing is off!”

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They chose a very strange angle for their default pose, if the worker doesn’t have a certain build it gives the appearance of a weirdly long neck

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

They chose a very strange angle for their default pose, if the worker doesn’t have a certain build it gives the appearance of a weirdly long neck

Not to mention setting their eyes to focus on something in the lower near-distance, so they're all either crosseyed and gormless or looking utterly defeated.

Weird that they kept this dude's tattoo censored, disappointing that they didn't also keep the EAT EAT from the mobile game.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Psychepath posted:

Not to mention setting their eyes to focus on something in the lower near-distance, so they're all either crosseyed and gormless or looking utterly defeated.

Weird that they kept this dude's tattoo censored, disappointing that they didn't also keep the EAT EAT from the mobile game.

That's weird, his tattoos weren't censored in 2K19? also their beards all look awful and blocky in this game

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

That's weird, his tattoos weren't censored in 2K19? also their beards all look awful and blocky in this game

Hair is still one of the hardest things to do right in CG graphics, now imagine trying to do it with no time or money.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

Hair is still one of the hardest things to do right in CG graphics, now imagine trying to do it with no time or money.

that's the thing too, their beards look good in 2k19, they actually look layered and like hair instead of a cube

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My only sense of enjoyment in the 2K WWE games is obsessing over the moves list and seeing the new moves and finishers added every year, and this year has some pretty cool poo poo. But holy hell what a dumpster fire 2K20 is.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/beilalution/status/1184621967216766976?s=21

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It’s almost heartening to see everyone in the game be totally screwed up, even the people WWE normally want to look good

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Maxwell Lord posted:

It’s almost heartening to see everyone in the game be totally screwed up, even the people WWE normally want to look good

Fairly sure that about five people look good and one of them is Keith Lee

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

that's the thing too, their beards look good in 2k19, they actually look layered and like hair instead of a cube

Yeah but at this point I've accepted that graphics get hosed up from one WWE2K entry to another without any real rationale to it, outside of the obvious problems of not enough time and not enough money. Why they couldn't just use whatever hair tech they had last year is just a big-ol :shrug:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 17, 2019

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ahahahahah this is obviously not the same at all but 2k20 has the general aesthetic of like, Big Rigs or Jurassic Park: Trespasser

Where everything is just "yeah gently caress it whatever good enough"

WWE2k20: It's 430pm on Friday

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dude i'm pretty fuckin mad about comparing trespasser to this. that game's problems were titty health and being before its time. god drat it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

half life and its sequel owe their existence to jurassic park: trespasser, and so does the original far cry. I am lying big time! Haha! half-life came out on my birthday. Goodnight

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Trespasser never had the balls to let you defeat your enemies via exposing them to eldritch knowledge

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i hope this year's game being such a visible disaster puts actual pressure on wwe and 2k to deliver something good next year

it won't, but it's nice to hope sometimes

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The black eye over this year's isn't nearly as bad as the move to 2k17 or whichever one dropped 360 / PS3 support. And I don't know for certain but from what I can glean off twitter, the only things people like from 2K's actual flagship sports games are also the embarrassing bits (zero-effort voice acting from NBA talent, a Spike Lee-penned story mode that's weird even before you make character choices) with the gameplay dismissed as overly simulationist.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cavauro posted:

dude i'm pretty fuckin mad about comparing trespasser to this. that game's problems were titty health and being before its time. god drat it
The project lead on Trespasser has basically come out and said that drat, he really needed a goddamn producer to crack the whip and keep him on track. There was a lot of wandering into the wilderness on that game...

But he's also said that all his mistakes on that game taught him lessons that were instrumental in co-creating the original Xbox, so you know, swings and roundabouts.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Actual wrasslegame news: Fire Pro is getting a create-an-entrance system... as a twenty-dollar DLC?

https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/1184744628936790017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they probably have to keep selling stuff to make it worthwhile to work on for a niche market but that sucks!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it sucks they have to do this, especially since now all the DLC + Game is way over $60.

But I get it, they don't have a large budget and they probably have to constantly justify to the higher-ups why they should be allowed to keep working on it. Just wish they'd use a price lower than $20 for all of the DLC packs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll pay any price for any and all Fire Pro DLCs. It's a miracle we even got this game. It could be better in a lot of respects but poo poo, they've been working on it constantly since release with a makeshift team out of sticks and glue.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fire Pro is basically one of those grognard games that cost like $300 because only 1000 people are gonna buy it. I’m cool with that.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Hey, look it's probably the best game for the very popular and sane hobby of running an e-fed

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

I'll pay any price for any and all Fire Pro DLCs. It's a miracle we even got this game. It could be better in a lot of respects but poo poo, they've been working on it constantly since release with a makeshift team out of sticks and glue.

Good post/username combo but I agree. I'm happy to support Fire Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Fire Pro gives me my own story creator toolkit I will be extremely happy. I want to share the story of the death and return of Fucktrain Jethro