Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Hot Karl Marx posted:

wait there's still 12 people at the debates? i thought it was down to like 6 people

Supposed to whittle down 4 more after tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Defenestrategy posted:

Is this a "No we aren't going to try to impeach ever" or a "Look we still have all these crimes to investigate and all these people to flip so that impeachment has an actual chance in the senate"

I think its a "GOP wants a formal vote to start an impeachment inquiry" even though it seems like the rules says you don't necessarily need one and its the GOP trying to get more time etc. but I could be wrong

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The GOP is trying to control the narrative by convincing people that the democrats are doing some kind of dastardly hidden impeachment process by comparing it to how the house was doing the Nixon impeachment process. The one that didn't even make it to a vote before he pulled the ripcord. The republicans didn't follow that process for Clinton. Because there is no process; you bring articles and the articles are voted on.

The GOP message is trying to confuse people into thinking that this is a big kid version of getting a traffic ticket and you have a right to see what's going on and everything else. And it's working because people are morons and the same sort of people that got tricked into thinking that personal debt is the same thing as sovereign debt.

Pelosi (or more specifically the heads of the investigative committees) basically said 'gently caress you, you don't get to dictate this process' except in traditional democratic fashion hosed up the messaging horribly.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think its a "GOP wants a formal vote to start an impeachment inquiry" even though it seems like the rules says you don't necessarily need one and its the GOP trying to get more time etc. but I could be wrong

You're exactly right.

Impeachment is directly in the Constitution. The House makes *all* of the rules themselves on how to conduct said impeachment investigations. Judges don't get to decide and the White House doesn't get to decide.

In the past, they've had official Inquiry kick-off votes, but they don't actually matter. No sudden change to House procedure happens when you vote in an inquiry or not. Also, subpoena power doesn't change either, as House Republicans made the switch to one-party-only subpoenas, which House Democrats kept in as a rule.

So this whole "formal vote" poo poo is a stall tactic by the White House and House Republicans. They aren't winning / can't win on the facts or the situation, so the only thing available to attack is the process. Kick dirt on the umpires and say they aren't legitimate and the fans will cheer.

Caveat: There are some dumbfuck judges involved that might go WELL YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T VOTE IN AN INQUIRY but you're never going to win those judges anyways.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Steyer backing up Sanders on billionaires is pretty cool imo

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Warrens last round of questions kinda made me sour on her. This means testing poo poo has got to end, and loling at Automation not being a significant contribution to a loss of jobs as I make money at a company whose job is literally program poo poo to make a lot of people redundant.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Olds gonna old

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1184274231741374470

https://twitter.com/mateagold/status/1184275575751491585

https://twitter.com/MiriamElder/status/1184273822888976384

Scapegoat time in the White House. Time to unload all the dirty poo poo against your internal enemies! :toot:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Really is kinda humbling that with all the backstabbing, bus throwing, and poo poo Donnie has a history of doing, and has done consistently that nobody has rolled on the dude yet with mycrimes.txt. Like do they all believe that Donny wouldn't bus them the moment it was expedient to do so?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Regime Change War

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Defenestrategy posted:

Warrens last round of questions kinda made me sour on her. This means testing poo poo has got to end, and loling at Automation not being a significant contribution to a loss of jobs as I make money at a company whose job is literally program poo poo to make a lot of people redundant.

Felt more like 'ah gently caress I don't have an answer for that right now, so I'm gonna say something else.' I don't think she's said it's not a contributor, just that it's not the only one, and didn't do a good job of communicating that.

That, and I think she figured she could ride on a jobs guarantee/jobs training program (which I believe still has her support?) in conjunction w/ a GND, which, well, yeah. It's a good fallback position to some forms of automation, but it has to happen first.

So, yeah, wasn't a good answer.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Defenestrategy posted:

Really is kinda humbling that with all the backstabbing, bus throwing, and poo poo Donnie has a history of doing, and has done consistently that nobody has rolled on the dude yet with mycrimes.txt. Like do they all believe that Donny wouldn't bus them the moment it was expedient to do so?

it sounds like with the whistleblowers and the fbi starting their guiliani investigation early this yeah that its been happening, and we're starting to see the results of it

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Pretty sure Cohen did roll on Trump. He testified about all the crimes he was in charge of covering up.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Ardlen posted:

Pretty sure Cohen did roll on Trump. He testified about all the crimes he was in charge of covering up.

No, he rolled on "Individual 1".

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A Bad Poster posted:

No, he rolled on "Individual 1".

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 16, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Watch Trump actually drain the swamp but with himself in it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrOXvoNLwg

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/MiriamElder/status/1184273822888976384

Scapegoat time in the White House. Time to unload all the dirty poo poo against your internal enemies! :toot:

White House lawyers pulling hard to fight the stereotype that lawyers for bad people are also bad people.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wonder how much Mathis knew about Trumps shadow foreign policy that Guilliani is apparently spearheading.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waroduce posted:

I wonder how much Mathis knew about Trumps shadow foreign policy that Guilliani is apparently spearheading.

Probably 100% given that there's been a dozen coffee boys confirming the story in various ways.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasabi the J posted:

Watch Trump actually drain the swamp but with himself in it.

The hero we deserve

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fallom posted:

Probably 100% given that there's been a dozen coffee boys confirming the story in various ways.

Coffee boy coffee boys or like “ran Trump’s campaign for months but Trump barely knew the guy”?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Coffee boy coffee boys or like “ran Trump’s campaign for months but Trump barely knew the guy”?

At this point I think it's all of the above.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1184278960298954752

Good thread here.

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1184295790929420293

Also this

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You could cut Springtime For Hitler before the starting credits and people would still miss the point

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Starship Troopers fuckin owns so much

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/billoreilly/status/1184286513166802949?s=21

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1184303539620925441?s=21

Two big endorsements.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
why in the f are these dem presidential candidates talking to me about Sen. John McCain as their closing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

why in the f are these dem presidential candidates talking to me about Sen. John McCain as their closing

just to egg trump on and the senate gop

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

I don't think Bill understands how quotes work

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

:decorum:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Sanders had a loving heart attack. What is he still doing?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Deliberately misinterpreting bill and agreeing with him would only piss him off so I'm tempted to do it

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

bird cooch posted:

He's going to be president OP

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKQ4tzg7ow

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

bird cooch posted:

The undead lich dick Cheney has been through like four human hearts, I don't see the problem

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/miafarrow/status/1184278919987552256?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A friend notes that if Warren wins the nomination, it'll be the Trail of Four More Years

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Your friend is a jackass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The undead lich dick Cheney has been through like four human hearts, I don't see the problem

Cheney was kept alive by both a Sith Lord and activating the indemnity clause in his contract with Satan.