Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Agents are GO! posted:

So, without posting spoilers, do I ever get an easy way to get rid of the loving fliers that keep ganking me on the Plains of Eidolon?

If you're talking about the Drahks who hunt you during day, I suggest a sniper rifle. Just shoot where they're going to be and you'll take them out.

If you mean the Vomvalysts who attack at night, there isn't anything you can do without spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I think I've gone as far as I can solo and have to start asking for help. So if I could get an invite to the switch clan, that'd be great. User name: Reason, ID: SW 8123 7958 9494

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

So, without posting spoilers, do I ever get an easy way to get rid of the loving fliers that keep ganking me on the Plains of Eidolon?
Hitscan rapid fire weapons seem to be the easiest, so carry one as a secondary weapon. Anything particle based seems to be affected by lag in a really weird way.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Agents are GO! posted:

Stronger hit scan weapons are available later in the game, and the Plains of Eidolon is generally not a very high level zone compared to what you will have post-star chat.

If you have ever played other loot-oriented ARPGs, completing the star chart is analogous to completing the story campaign and going into endgame, so correspondingly, if it's of the star chart level, it's not actually very dangerous, you just have bad gear.

edit: unless you mean the spooky ghost bois in which case you require spoilers.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Lightning Knight posted:

Stronger hit scan weapons are available later in the game, and the Plains of Eidolon is generally not a very high level zone compared to what you will have post-star chat.

If you have ever played other loot-oriented ARPGs, completing the star chart is analogous to completing the story campaign and going into endgame, so correspondingly, if it's of the star chart level, it's not actually very dangerous, you just have bad gear.

edit: unless you mean the spooky ghost bois in which case you require spoilers.

Ok holy poo poo I'm terribly under powered despite being at MR 8. Having difficulties completing the star chart

Edit: even worse because I think I should be at mr 10, just have not been able to finish the mr9 rank test. Evidently it's broken after a recent update?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Guilty posted:

Ok holy poo poo I'm terribly under powered despite being at MR 8. Having difficulties completing the star chart

Edit: even worse because I think I should be at mr 10, just have not been able to finish the mr9 rank test. Evidently it's broken after a recent update?

What are you using for your frame /guns? What type of missions do you get stuck on? Mods upgraded?

Wukong and Fulmin will clear out everything very easy and should be obtainable by you. Good solo frame for every mission type and hard to kill.

E: Fulmin owns cause it's got a shotty and rifle mode and the shotgun is silent which is nice for spy missions.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 15, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Guilty posted:

In general, most of the gear available before MR4-5 is very poor, but what you're actually missing is mods, not weapons, most likely. Poor to mediocre early game weapons can still clear the star chart given appropriate mods.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

In general, most of the gear available before MR4-5 is very poor, but what you're actually missing is mods, not weapons, most likely. Poor to mediocre early game weapons can still clear the star chart given appropriate mods.

I think this is the problem as well, been trying to reach tier C defense missions to get a multishot mod and hoping that will help, but it's been a week and I haven't found one. I recently completed a quest that gives one riven mod and now my cernos bow owns bones so I've been using that, but I'd still rather use a rifle since precision aiming on a switch is a pain in the rear end.

Anyways, hoping to get invited to the switch goon clan to get some mods to help me complete the star chart, not even sure what I should be looking out for, I assume multishot? I've upgraded a ton of status mods and that's put me in the level 30-40 range.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Guilty posted:

I think this is the problem as well, been trying to reach tier C defense missions to get a multishot mod and hoping that will help, but it's been a week and I haven't found one. I recently completed a quest that gives one riven mod and now my cernos bow owns bones so I've been using that, but I'd still rather use a rifle since precision aiming on a switch is a pain in the rear end.

Anyways, hoping to get invited to the switch goon clan to get some mods to help me complete the star chart, not even sure what I should be looking out for, I assume multishot? I've upgraded a ton of status mods and that's put me in the level 30-40 range.

Even with a Riven mod, the base Cernos bow is probably the worst one in the game, because it has few redeeming qualities and its primary damage type is impact damage. Cernos Prime and Rakta Cernos are both good however, so hold on to that Riven mod.

Early to mid game weapons to invest in: Vaykor Marelok, Hek, Pandero, Galatine, Sybaris, Tiberon, Soma, and Aksomati.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

Even with a Riven mod, the base Cernos bow is probably the worst one in the game, because it has few redeeming qualities and its primary damage type is impact damage. Cernos Prime and Rakta Cernos are both good however, so hold on to that Riven mod.

Early to mid game weapons to invest in: Vaykor Marelok, Hek, Pandero, Galatine, Sybaris, Tiberon, Soma, and Aksomati.

I've managed to get a hek and a kohma and I loving love the kohma. I've been resorting to the Sybaris prime as my base load out since I spent a few dollars to get it, and it's been working amazing. I've maxed out the Soma and found it underwhelming, but maybe because the Sybaris prime is just better. Will try and make the other weps and see how it works out, thanks!

Also, if someone has any tips or anything for MR9, please let me know. Been trying to pass it for about a week now, but it seems that the enemies can detect me from across the drat map

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Guilty posted:

I've managed to get a hek and a kohma and I loving love the kohma. I've been resorting to the Sybaris prime as my base load out since I spent a few dollars to get it, and it's been working amazing. I've maxed out the Soma and found it underwhelming, but maybe because the Sybaris prime is just better. Will try and make the other weps and see how it works out, thanks!

Also, if someone has any tips or anything for MR9, please let me know. Been trying to pass it for about a week now, but it seems that the enemies can detect me from across the drat map

The Kohm is an unusual weapon in that it has a sort of U-shaped power curve. It is strong in the beginning, and then sort of bad for most of the middle of the game, and then at the end of the game it is one of the strongest weapons in the game because mechanics + better mods later on.

Sybaris Prime is good but suffers from poor fire rate and worse critical chance than its counterpart, Dex Sybaris. Dex Sybaris comes with fewer polarities (it may come with none, I don't recall off hand) and you can only get it during the yearly anniversary event, but it's one of the strongest weapons in the game if you get it.

The Soma and Soma Prime used to be the strongest weapons in the game but they've mostly been power-creeped out of existence. They're one of a number of slot machine weapons, built around doing very poor damage when they don't crit, and then flipping a coin on each bullet using crit mods. They're fine for early on but not worth using later anymore.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Mr Newsman posted:

E: Fulmin owns cause it's got a shotty and rifle mode and the shotgun is silent which is nice for spy missions.

I leveled a handful of frames and put 'em on the old "Thanks for the MR" shelf, then I got a fulmin. It was great going back to those old frames and seeing the frame/weapon synergy. Like Mirage. Mirage with Hall of Mirrors and a fulmin basically projects a 2m x 6m wall of flak in front of you, silently. Also, since you don't use ammo, it piles up in front of you and you can use her 3 (maybe?) to turn it all into little explosions.

I know a lot of people sing the praises of Hek, but is just so bloody useful, and has carried me from Saturn on.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

Sybaris Prime is good but suffers from poor fire rate and worse critical chance than its counterpart, Dex Sybaris. Dex Sybaris comes with fewer polarities (it may come with none, I don't recall off hand) and you can only get it during the yearly anniversary event, but it's one of the strongest weapons in the game if you get it.

Oh I had no idea the sex dybaris was worth anything, I've got one of these also, thanks! Will start using it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Generally you should have one gun that does a fuckton of damage to a single target, and the other gun that does less damage to a fuckton of targets. Switch between them depending on if the enemy is elite or not.

Melee, equip what you like. Slash / Viral is a good damage type.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Guilty posted:

Enemy sense is king, it will show you the direction the enemies are facing. Also, go to a relay and practice it until you complete it, don't just try it. There's a really good route, and if you don't get it in a couple of days I'll get a video of it up, but my roommate "forgot" to to pay the internet bill he's in charge of, so I'm down until he gets it payed (which is hopefully tomorrow).

Guilty posted:

precision aiming on a switch is a pain in the rear end.

Turn on Motion aiming if you aren't using it, it is godly.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Guilty posted:

Oh I had no idea the sex dybaris was worth anything, I've got one of these also, thanks! Will start using it

lol sex dybaris

Dex Sybaris and Sybaris Prime have an interesting relationship. Sybaris Prime is probably better if you have bad mods because it has reasonably good crit and status and is an all-around balanced weapon. Dex Sybaris beats out Sybaris Prime later if you have things like a crit Riven and Hunter Munitions (as I do) because Hunter Munitions effectively substitutes for the status on the prime version.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't suppose there's anyone on Switch who could spare a control unit and 600 plasmids so I could make Rhino? :shobon:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't suppose there's anyone on Switch who could spare a control unit and 600 plasmids so I could make Rhino? :shobon:

Base crafting materials cannot be traded, unfortunately. Control modules are a very common drop in any Void mission, and plastids... well they’re a bit of a pain, you want the Dark Sector missions on Saturn for that probably.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

D'oh. Additional question: Am I going to screw myself over if I sell off the lovely stater weapons now that I have some better ones, to free up the weapon slots?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Agents are GO! posted:

D'oh. Additional question: Am I going to screw myself over if I sell off the lovely stater weapons now that I have some better ones, to free up the weapon slots?

Make sure they're maxxed out first, then feel free to sell.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
*some weapons build into other weapons. Check the wiki for a list.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Agents are GO! posted:

MK-1 weapons are MR fodder, and once they hit 30, delete them.

Also look out for any weapon that has an AK preface to it, as usually you need two of the base weapon to make it, so to save yourself some time, grab two blueprints, and make one while you master the other. like the Lex into the AKLex. You do not gain any bonuses from mastering the second Lex, btw, so don't waste your time doing that.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What do I do about my inability to stop humming We All Lift Together?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Become an Anarcho-Communist and kill COrPuS

Also my SHIfT KEY ISn't WORKING right

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Agents are GO! posted:

What do I do about my inability to stop humming We All Lift Together?

Nothing, all is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE

Burn it into your loving brain.

Or get this one stuck in your head and wish for the sweet release of We all Lift together:

https://soundcloud.com/kitmellow/kuva-jig-parade-ft-worm-queen-tenno-tunes-vol-3

Anora fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 16, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Screaming Idiot posted:

Become an Anarcho-Communist and kill COrPuS

Also my SHIfT KEY ISn't WORKING right

I have been trying this, but I keep getting my rear end kicked on the Vox Solaris quest. I'm at the one where Eudico gives you the K-Bomb, but I get merked basically instantly by the army of goons even after I drop the bomb. I've applied a bunh of uprgrades on my health and shield and it just keeps happening.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I have been trying this, but I keep getting my rear end kicked on the Vox Solaris quest. I'm at the one where Eudico gives you the K-Bomb, but I get merked basically instantly by the army of goons even after I drop the bomb. I've applied a bunh of uprgrades on my health and shield and it just keeps happening.

Open world enemies in general, more so on Venus than on the Plains, have an unusual level curve. I would say that Plains enemies are about as strong as enemies in normal zones ten levels higher, and Vallis enemies are similar to normal zone enemies fifteen to twenty levels higher. I'm not sure if they just have higher raw stats or simply better weapons/more complicated attacks, but there you go.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lightning Knight posted:

Open world enemies in general, more so on Venus than on the Plains, have an unusual level curve. I would say that Plains enemies are about as strong as enemies in normal zones ten levels higher, and Vallis enemies are similar to normal zone enemies fifteen to twenty levels higher. I'm not sure if they just have higher raw stats or simply better weapons/more complicated attacks, but there you go.

OK, so I should go away and work on the star chart and come back later?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Typically speaking Cetus and Fortuna quests and bounties are note exactly new player friendly, especially compared to how early you gain access to them.

If the Corpus right out the gates are shredding you then ya maybe expand through the star chart a little more, do a quest or two, and spend some endo on upgrading some of your defensive mods. The mob of Corpus in that quest is suppose to be thematically pissed. If you can plant the bomb while doing nothing but rolling and bullet jumping you might be alright but again if you're just starting out, well, the Corpus don't have hitscan weapons but they do hit a little harder than the Grineer on average.

Don't worry about putting that off for later though, the main thing you get from that introduction quest is a K-Drive. Largely useful for running around on the plains and orb valis if you don't have a nice archwing built up. And at the point you're at you may or may not already have that? You get access to some other fortuna stuff for completing it but a large portion of that stuff is mid or late game tier equipment, you have better things to spend resources on when starting out than moa parts.

You won't be missing out on much of anything by delaying that quest for now. But if you can take on Uranus or Neptune you should probably be more than fine.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

OK, so I should go away and work on the star chart and come back later?

yep, for sure. there's not a lot of point in hitting the open world areas before you've cleared the current quest line anyway. you won't miss anything. :)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Here's that MR9 test video, not cheesing it with anything but Enemy sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPS3Qshfp98

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Anora posted:

Here's that MR9 test video, not cheesing it with anything but Enemy sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPS3Qshfp98

Ah! I JUST completed the test a few hours before you posted the video. Gauss and enemy sense really helped me out. Gauss moved so fast they were all basically standing still.

But thanks for the help anyways! Much appreciated

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I hatched my first Kurbow! Unfortunately I didn't have Howl of The Kurbow as my active quest so that didn't trigger. Also also, he's too adorable as a pupper for me to want to mature him and take him somewhere he might get hurt. :ohdear: Fortunately I still have my Sentinel.

On the plus side, I crafted a shiny new sword for my Excalibur to try

Is there any benefit to my getting mastery on my MK1-Braton, or should I just chuck it and move on? Speaking of, um, how do I delete weapons I don't want any more?

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Is there any benefit to my getting mastery on my MK1-Braton, or should I just chuck it and move on? Speaking of, um, how do I delete weapons I don't want any more?
Leveling up your gear earns Mastery XP for your account, and higher Mastery levels gains you access to better gear. Always level things up to 30 before you get rid of them. You can track your Mastery level by going to your profile from the Start menu.

To get rid of your unneeded gear, pause, go into your inventory, go to the relevant tab (Weapons in the case of your Braton), and select whatever you want to get rid of. There'll be a list of the selected items on the right side of the screen, and a button in the lower-right corner to sell them.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Quick question about leveling and affinity while we're on the topic, if I was a moron and crafted two hear swords, do I get the affinity points for leveling them both up or just one?

Edit vvvv: cool thanks

Guilty fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 17, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Guilty posted:

Quick question about leveling and affinity while we're on the topic, if I was a moron and crafted two hear swords, do I get the affinity points for leveling them both up or just one?

Just one.

It goes by name, not the physical item.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Similar query: if one had a duplicate Warframe blueprint (say, by buying a second one because you forgot you already had it, or picking the wrong relic reward for a similar reason), how would they give/trade that to others? It just seemed like the trade channel was people spamming what they had and I was a little put off.

On an entirely unrelated not: anybody want an Oberon or Mesa Prime blueprint?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Normal frames cannot be traded and only sold for credits from your inventory. Prime Frames are different, as you can sell or trade the blueprints for the parts or frame, but not the completed parts of the frames, unless it drops completed (like a barrel). Or you can take the BPs to a relay and sell them for Ducats to buy stuff from Baro.

Of the two you have, I'd keep Oberon, as he's vaulted, but Mesa is fairly common.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

Similar query: if one had a duplicate Warframe blueprint (say, by buying a second one because you forgot you already had it, or picking the wrong relic reward for a similar reason), how would they give/trade that to others? It just seemed like the trade channel was people spamming what they had and I was a little put off.

non-Prime duplicates, just sell for credits. There's nothing else you can do with those, but all the spare Oberon parts and Harrow chassis you will pick up off dead Eximus units (not to mention Gorgon and Boar bps)'can be quite a handy source of extra credits when you're starting out.

Prime bits you don't need can be sold to other players (generally only rare relic results or complete sets) or traded for ducats to buy stuff off Baro when he's in town. Basically, just hang onto them for now. You'll get some use out of them at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

I very much want a Mesa prime bp. Are you on switch?