Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jammyozzy posted:

I've discovered a fun bug where if I sync my anroid to our work pool cars, my phone stubbornly tries to re-connect to that car any time I turn bluetooth on as priority over every other device. It will also keep trying to re-connect periodically and will randomly trip over its own feet doing so, cutting off my headphones and switching to blasting whatever embarrassing poo poo I was listening to out of the phone speaker.

Honestly not sure if I should blame Google or VW/Skoda for this one. :thumbsup:

google for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gross android man also parted ways with the vc firm he was working at [which was funding his company yay circlejerk] and got a rumored $9 million severance from it so dude is creeping up on earning one hundred million dollars solely for being a sex creep

qirex fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 11, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
would that i could be so perverted

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qirex posted:

gross android man also parted ways with the vc firm he was working at [which was funding his company yay circlejerk] and got a rumored $9 million severance from it so dude is creeping up on earning one hundred million dollars solely for being a sex creep

hell of a grift

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

jammyozzy posted:

I've discovered a fun bug where if I sync my anroid to our work pool cars, my phone stubbornly tries to re-connect to that car any time I turn bluetooth on as priority over every other device. It will also keep trying to re-connect periodically and will randomly trip over its own feet doing so, cutting off my headphones and switching to blasting whatever embarrassing poo poo I was listening to out of the phone speaker.

Honestly not sure if I should blame Google or VW/Skoda for this one. :thumbsup:

its definitely the phones fault but every oem has a unique bluetooth stack so its whichever name is on the phone

mystes
May 31, 2006

"My Google account got suspended because of NewPipe"

If this is true, Google has seriously gone off the deep end. Maybe it's time to write off the small number of apps I have purchased and switch to a new google account for my phone that isn't connected to my actual gmail email.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao.

"disable your antivirus"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...the antivirus that comes with your phone

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

LastInLine posted:

its definitely the phones fault but every oem has a unique bluetooth stack so its whichever name is on the phone

It's a Sony phone, so probably the 3rd or 4th most shameful Android excreter?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

infernal machines posted:

lmao.

"disable your antivirus"

Looks like a message given to you when you are installing software in Windows 95

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMqB4W_EH4 on the fly transcribing without a internet connection is pretty cool

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
that was a bad conference

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
UI gimmick turns out as expected

https://twitter.com/journeydan/status/1184157427161284608

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

aw poo poo it didn't work

*moves hand back to start "next track" gesture*

aw poo poo it recognized "previous track"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cool recreation of resistive screen interactions without the screen

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
samsung s-gestures are back - in pog form!

also: this is literally the ui use case predicted by hitchhikers guide to the galaxy back in 1979 or whenever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

love 2 hold my hands in midair, supported by nothing, while interacting with my electronic device. not even a little tiring.

very good and useful especially for those cases where my phone is between 1 arm length and 1 arm length + 5 inches away.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FMguru posted:

also: this is literally the ui use case predicted by hitchhikers guide to the galaxy back in 1979 or whenever

douglas adams was often surprisingly prescient about technology

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it would be fine if it was just something you don't use, but it was one of the core features of Pixel. "look at this cool tech we created to fix a problem that doesn't exist. no i don't know what a fingerprint sensor is." i wonder how much R&D added to the phone cost.

can someone just make a modern nexus 5 with a fingerprint sensor and an oled? i'll even take a big version at this point.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

don't listen to that idiot, remake the Nexus 4 instead

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/samsheffer/status/1184161611617067008?s=20 sundar please add hatsune miku please

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just type /pizza in main chat!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's meant to be pizza is it?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's quite bad as far as delivery pizza chains go, but it can only ever be second worst thanks to vater johann, pizzakoch der viertes reich

little caesar's is probably the most ethical since the owner is a cool guy who secretly paid for rosa parks' apartment until she died.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

finally, a promotion as greasy as android users

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

that's meant to be pizza is it?

how is that not pizza, you classist piece of poo poo

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
jesus what a fuckin weirdo you must be

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

y'all are too terminally woke to live

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

y'all are too terminally woke to live

gently caress your computer, cum in it, get electrocuted

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dominos pizza’s founder supported operation rescue in the 90s which directly led to the harassment, stalking and murder of abortion providers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

El_Elegante posted:

jesus what a fuckin weirdo you must be

you just had a meltdown over someone making fun of a pizza in marketing copy, literally using the phrase "you classist piece of poo poo"

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
a shitpost is marketing copy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

qirex posted:

dominos pizza’s founder supported operation rescue in the 90s which directly led to the harassment, stalking and murder of abortion providers

no ethical consumption under capitalism, etc

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
i don’t know if it’s luck or what but the first domino i ever ordered was so disgusting (rancid cheese?) that i never ordered from them again

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i don’t know if it’s luck or what but the first domino i ever ordered was so disgusting (rancid cheese?) that i never ordered from them again

dominos is completely inedible

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I delivered pizzas for domino's summer after my freshman year. my boss and I would get drunk on Guinness extra stouts in the walk in cooler between the lunch and dinner rush.

their sauce arrives dehydrated in a 35 pound bag the size of a cereal box and has to be mixed with hot water in a 35 gallon bucket. yum.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LastInLine posted:

dominos is completely inedible

its fine and even pretty good bro wtf

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jet's is good but idk if that exists outside of michigan

i am shamefully a huge little caesar's fan because it was a treat when me and the missus were broke and managed to scrap together enough quarters to get something out :3:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
dominos pan pizza, sausage and onion, extra cheese, well done

order that and tell me that dominos sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I worked in a Dominos 20+ years ago and they had an interesting thing going on -- individual restaurants could (at least then) choose from a variety of grades for each topping, so there was nothing at all stopping some cheapskate dominos franchisee from serving all their customers metaphorical dog meat instead of the good stuff while capitalizing on the value of the brand earned by better stores.

So basically, your opinion of Dominos depends on whether you had a good one or a bad one near you growing up / in college and the whole "experience across all stores of brand is roughly equivalent, that's why people seek you out!" thing isn't true for them at all.

Good job, corporate!

(I know I've read hints in some glossy publication that they more recently did research and discovered that "people like good pizza!" so they worked on improving that, chainwide. I dunno.)