Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

Bit off topic but every time I read "we've been treated like criminals" I think... you know... even if they actually were criminals they shouldn't be treated like poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84phU8of02U

OwlFancier posted:

Aren't you actually a criminal if you cross the border illegally?

So the complaint is really "the law shouldn't apply to me I'm white/british."
U.S. Code 8 § 1325 states that 'improper entry by alien' is a federal misdemeanor with a first offense carrying maximum fines of $50 to $250 and/or a six-month prison sentence, same as trespassing on national forest lands, as crimes go it's roughly half as serious as interstate trafficking of dentures or misappropriating the likeness of Smokey the Bear, both of which can get you a harsher fine or up to a year.

e: U.S. Code 14 § 146 says that the Coast Guard can act as the postal service during emergency conditions or at isolated locations.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Boris Johnson has done as many PMQs as votes he's won

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

OwlFancier posted:

Which would be fine, if they wouldn't also support exactly those measures being applied to people who aren't them.

Sure, "I've never had to think about this before and now I'm suddenly surprised it's a thing" is privilege all over isn't it.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

changing leader right now makes no sense, I think all the damage those stories can do has been done already so changing the leader now before and election just starts the whole process over again

no PMQ's today
https://twitter.com/PARLYapp/status/1184410614027968512?s=20

how many is that he's avoid now? he's done the one right?

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Guavanaut posted:

...trespassing on national forest lands, as crimes go it's roughly half as serious as interstate trafficking of dentures or misappropriating the likeness of Smokey the Bear, both of which can get you a harsher fine or up to a year.

"See them? They're trespassing and I'm gonna gently caress them up with this rake"

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
gonna boot that kids rear end right into that lake, welcome to Jackass!

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Grey Hunter posted:

how many is that he's avoid now? he's done the one right?

This'll be the third PMQs under him IIRC, but yeah, he's only done one, and had Raab step in for the other.

Even May would drag herself up to satisfy her weekly humiliation kink.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nice to know that pictures of smokey the bear with a big floppy donger are a federal crime.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

It's a constituency that has historically been Tory (save for a couple of Labour wins at the height of Tony Blair) and it's also the one that Luciana Berger's gone up for. I believe the area's got a strong Jewish population as well so it makes sense that they'd abandon Labour for Berger given the state of the news stories. I don't think you can translate that to a wider swing.

Oh yeah absolutely.

Just frustrating not to be capitalising on a collapsing Tory vote in a Con/LAB marginal.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

This'll be the third PMQs under him IIRC, but yeah, he's only done one, and had Raab step in for the other.

Even May would drag herself up to satisfy her weekly humiliation kink.

Theory: the PM primarily sees himself as a public speaker/raconteur but over the years he's got lazy with it. Recycling material wasn't an issue while on the conference circuit but he can't face the same audience week-in-week-out and deliver fresh content.

Prorogation was mostly a stall to come up with something to replace his Caracas/Crackers bit.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
"This tweet brought to you, by the 19th century".
https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1183852175904182273

Considering the resurgence of other dead ideas from the 19th century, can't say it's suprising to see advocates against the dreaded, lethal, "self-pollution".

[e]:

pitch a fitness posted:

Theory: the PM primarily sees himself as a public speaker/raconteur but over the years he's got lazy with it. Recycling material wasn't an issue while on the conference circuit but he can't face the same audience week-in-week-out and deliver fresh content.

Prorogation was mostly a stall to come up with something to replace his Caracas/Crackers bit.

Wasn't there a comment by journalist who had to attend several speaking events he was at, and revealed that Johnson basically did just recycle the same tired jokes, and empty blustering?

I forgot that terrible "caracas" poo poo. That was followed by the more dreadful (and nonsensical) "cholorinated chicken" - and that was obviously planned - probably with the aid of Cum Dommies - and certainly with the usual suspects in the press.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 16, 2019

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah I saw that one yesterday and sad hahas only tbh, a sane country would just have the cop go "Hey you folks have strayed over the border a little. Don't worry! I'll just show you back over the line and we'll say no more about it."

But customs and borders are never reasonable agencies and they never attract the sensible employees. Even in the best of times.

I took the wrong exit from a roundabout in Germany once and ended up in Austria. Luckily due to Schengen all I ended up doing was admiring the view, took some photos, turned around and went back.

It’s a surprisingly easy thing to end up doing when driving close to a border.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I just can't understand how people have forgotten how poo poo the Lib Dems are, it's only been 9 years since the coalition.

FBPEs or whatever they're called are focused on a single issue, and its worrying because they'll vote in a pro-austerity, Tory-esque, centrist wet blanket to achieve it.

Meanwhile, I've finally submitted my updated NZ visa. So hopefully on the 31st, if all goes to poo poo, I'll on the last plane out of Brexit Britain like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9GY5kFQV30

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesky Splinter posted:

"This tweet brought to you, by the 19th century".
https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1183852175904182273

Considering the resurgence of other dead ideas from the 19th century, can't say it's suprising to see advocates against the dreaded, lethal, "self-pollution".
Masturbating is like a drug, 90% of the fear and harm is moral panic and the rest is people doing it wrong or in public.

https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1183852676024602625

Side effects of Onanism include living in a house *millennials startcontinue masturbating furiously*

srs tho, how many of these are a correlation/causation fallacy, like people who live alone and are introverts masturbate more, someone call Dr Watson to help me masturbatesolve this mystery :iiam:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1184056514006409216

MASTURBATING EXCESSIVELY CAN CAUSE INJURY TO THE PENIS :byodood:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
UKMT October: Masturbating excessively can cause injury to the penis

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Masturbating is like a drug, 90% of the fear and harm is moral panic and the rest is people doing it wrong or in public.

Side effects of Onanism include living in a house *millennials startcontinue masturbating furiously*

srs tho, how many of these are a correlation/causation fallacy, like people who live alone and are introverts masturbate more, someone call Dr Watson to help me masturbatesolve this mystery :iiam:

You... start living indoors?

All these homeless people on the streets with painfully throbbing balls.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mentally disturbed?

I question this so called doctors credentials. Gonna rub one out and find out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So if you have a fanny do you still injure the penis by masturbating too much?

Like can you just wander around rubbing yourself and all the penis havers nearby just double over in pain?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol how loving hard do you have to wank it to get FRACTURED PENIS

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

The Adventure of the Noble Bachelor's Thumb ~ Conan Doyle posted:

. . . for days on end he would lie upon the sofa in the sitting-room, hardly uttering a word or moving a muscle from morning to night. On these occasions I have noticed such a dreamy, vacant expression in his eyes, that I might have suspected him of being addicted to the use of some narcotic, had not the temperance and cleanliness of his whole life forbidden such a notion.
"Holmes, are you cranking one out?"

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Edit: never mind.

Rumour is that things are not going well at all in Brussels. Just not able to square the circle of a lack of hard border and effective customs checks.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

But what about couples that enjoy mutual masturbation as part of their wide and healthy sex lives?

asking for a friend

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1184002758816518147

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Wasn’t the deadline for the Brexit deal midnight last night? What happened with that?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

OwlFancier posted:

Like can you just wander around rubbing yourself and all the penis havers nearby just double over in pain?

He adresses that later on, apparently for women it's fine and okay and there's almost nothing wrong with it? Odd huh.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

The most questionable X-men superpower.

Private Speech posted:

He adresses that later on, apparently for women it's fine and okay and there's almost nothing wrong with it? Odd huh.

https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1183853152287821824

:lol:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 16, 2019

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

When I was in Luxembourg about 4 years ago, I took a train and went a stop too far into France to a station I thought was still in Luxembourg on a 'one day travelcard' or whatever it was.
(I wondered why the train suddenly filled up with customs officials!).
Instead of being thrown into prison USA style or accused of fraud UK style, they just said get off at the next stop and then go back.

In Luxembourg we have a saying: "You can tell if you accidentally entered Belgium, because the roads got worse"

Ok, that might just be my saying :v: Happens a lot though. A life with borders being solid criminal things makes about as much sense to us as a life without cars to most Americans I think.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Comrade Fakename posted:

Wasn’t the deadline for the Brexit deal midnight last night? What happened with that?

I believe the DUP read it about an hour ago:

https://twitter.com/PoliticalPics/status/1184414310451298305

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Comrade Fakename posted:

Already the case that some Member States are saying that at this point nothing can really be done tomorrow or Friday, and there’d have to be an extraordinary EU Council session. It pretty much necessitates that Johnson asks for an extension to get things done, as doing so before the 31st looks unlikely. Either things fall through today, or something gets agreed and then it depends on what happens in saturday. If there’s no movement, there won’t be a vote on Saturday either.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Who could have foreseen Boris changing his mind?

https://twitter.com/UKDemockery/status/1184209691615944704?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Funny how women aren't at risk of spending too much time indoors or becoming perverts :thunkher:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Private Speech posted:

Vibration for women's health!

It's a weird theme popular in Victorian medicine and still popular in Ayurvedic medicine that semen is somehow connected to cerebrospinal fluid because it looks like watery cum, so a spoonful of jizz is a pint of CSF, and a spoonful of CSF is a pint of blood and you can wank your spirit out.

Rarity posted:

Funny how women aren't at risk of spending too much time indoors or becoming perverts :thunkher:
Victorian and Ayurvedic doctors: Women belong indoors and don't think about sex.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
It's okay that I don't believe the things I'm arguing! That's how we always did it in debate club at Eton!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was going to suggest is he one of those homeopathic weirdos who think that you spunk out your vital essence and if you conserve your sex power you become better at everything?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Guavanaut posted:

you can wank your spirit out.

Well, I'm generally pretty tired after excessive masturbation

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

I was going to suggest is he one of those homeopathic weirdos who think that you spunk out your vital essence and if you conserve your sex power you become better at everything?

This would go some way to explain why I am so exceptionally lazy and constantly underachieve at everything at least.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also BLEEDING URETHRAL MEATUS is my wheatus cover band.

This doctor is super horny on main imo

https://twitter.com/Dr_ajabb/status/1184058776623734785

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 16, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looks like Sammy Wilson is v. not pleased with the new plan https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1184423041872347137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

OwlFancier posted:

PURITY OF ESSENCE