Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Zzr posted:

That's what, 5 euros ? I could buy an idris for 500 baguettes.

With a 15% discount until october 21st it's now € 16,99. So, just to give it to Chris and all those SCD fanbois, I just bought it. That'll teach them!

mjotto fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mjotto posted:

With a 15% discount until october 21st it's now € 16,99. So, just to give it to Chris and all those SCD fanbois, I just bought it. That'll teach them!

That's the spirit! I'll go and buy some Elite skins and stuff!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Star Citizen: This is some twilight zone poo poo

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
It seems like everyone who ever developed a game could do Star Citizen better than the Star Citizen devs. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a Star Citizen mod for Skyrim with lasers and spaceships and doors that only kill you some of the time.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Sabreseven posted:

Ah yes, that mature big pixel thinker CR.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheDarkFlame posted:

It seems like everyone who ever developed a game could do Star Citizen better than the Star Citizen devs. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was a Star Citizen mod for Skyrim with lasers and spaceships and doors that only kill you some of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awFOC7-YdRM

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Carcer posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Yes, i think i can see his face in that.

Its a miracle!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/Lukas_Genever/status/1184455637998166016

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

"This is an Alpha Game" is probably the truest of true things ever uttered

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

his nibs posted:

"This is an Alpha Game" is probably the truest of true things ever uttered

An alpha game for beta players. :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Community cannibalism:

:reddit: The game is not going to fail. Before you lost your mind and reading skills, I claimed nothing more than that the SQ42 beta won't release in 2020 and maybe not even in 2021. I base this on the current chapter progress as well as their progress on tech such as AI. So you didn't even properly read my post but I enjoyed your little tantrum anyway so it's good.

:reddit::reddit: I see you spent a good 35 for that account

:reddit: Now that reply of yours just doesn't make any sense. Try again and use your words this time.

:reddit::reddit: Oh sorry how long have you played starcitizen for? Then how long as part of the Reddit.

:reddit: You know the information I referred to is public at no cost right? It has nothing to with reddit too. You're rambling dude. Try again.

:reddit::reddit: Then why don't you answer my questions.

:reddit: I'm actually a concierge since 2015. Happy? Now can we finally talk about how the SQ42 beta won't happen before 2022?

:reddit::reddit: Why won't it happen? So far they have been making a lot behind the scenes. We know they don't tell us some things so releases are interesting. Every quarter work is being performed so there is a positive bias to completion. The remaing ships don't matter for sq42. They do for the mmo. The single player module doesn't need the net code, so that again does not matter. Concierge. I doubt it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Star Citizen is Cancelled :frogsiren:

I can personally understand the rage that's sparked over this decision. Many of you are probably already familiar with the fact that backers, the hardcore gamers who backed this project, tend to get involved. In 2012, the first wave of backers who helped us raise $15 million dollars, who donated $1 million each, and have been the driving force behind this project for years. I am personally friends with many of you, and have been for three years now.

For me, I am not even a backer. I'm just doing my job—writing reviews of products, writing articles, contributing to Reddit forums. I do not consider myself a backer, although I have supported the project myself for quite some time.

The people at Cloud Imperium Games, the developers of the game, understand this. A couple of months ago (March 7), there was a Reddit AMA with Chris Roberts and a couple other senior employees. The most notable statement from the AMA (which is embedded and below if that helps you see what they were saying

:reddit: posted:

"Jim jam the game's a scam" ~ Chris Roberts

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Virtual Captain posted:

You got my hopes up :saddowns:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Dementropy posted:

Community cannibalism:

:reddit: The game is not going to fail. Before you lost your mind and reading skills, I claimed nothing more than that the SQ42 beta won't release in 2020 and maybe not even in 2021. I base this on the current chapter progress as well as their progress on tech such as AI. So you didn't even properly read my post but I enjoyed your little tantrum anyway so it's good.

:reddit::reddit: I see you spent a good 35 for that account

:reddit: Now that reply of yours just doesn't make any sense. Try again and use your words this time.

:reddit::reddit: Oh sorry how long have you played starcitizen for? Then how long as part of the Reddit.

:reddit: You know the information I referred to is public at no cost right? It has nothing to with reddit too. You're rambling dude. Try again.

:reddit::reddit: Then why don't you answer my questions.

:reddit: I'm actually a concierge since 2015. Happy? Now can we finally talk about how the SQ42 beta won't happen before 2022?

:reddit::reddit: Why won't it happen? So far they have been making a lot behind the scenes. We know they don't tell us some things so releases are interesting. Every quarter work is being performed so there is a positive bias to completion. The remaing ships don't matter for sq42. They do for the mmo. The single player module doesn't need the net code, so that again does not matter. Concierge. I doubt it.

lol, it's sad that I can tell who it is without a name. They ate a 2-week ban, comes back and instantly starts hammering at people where he left off.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Jesus this is pathetic. I can’t imagine the quality of candidate that would even fall for this garbage.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Jesus this is pathetic. I can’t imagine the quality of candidate that would even fall for this garbage.

Welcome to recruitment marketing, also known as "throw everything at the wall and hope it sticks"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:lol: ordered in July, this arrived today

Is Star Citizen not poo poo yet?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Is that threadripper? cuz if not then you get bad fps, it's alpha!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also stop hacking config file

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Is that threadripper? cuz if not then you get bad fps, it's alpha!

No Ryzen 3900, I have the bluest of balls cos I still have to wait for my GPU to arrive before I can do the build :negative:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Also stop hacking config file

This, I cannot do sadly.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

peter gabriel posted:

I can see my post, stop doxxxxxing me :carol:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

peter gabriel posted:

Yes, we are all playing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNuu4dxu4Rw

marumaru
May 20, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I can see my post, stop doxxxxxing me :carol:

Everyday I'm doxxing

Stars End looks like garbage, it's only like £15, I mean pffffffffffffffffffffffffft that's like a tenth of a jpeg, loving amateurs

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Confession time: Sometimes when I have done working for the day I like to have a coffee and read the VAC forums on Steam, it guarantees a little laugh to end the day on.
BANNed ON CSGo FRO NO REWASON

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

No Ryzen 3900, I have the bluest of balls cos I still have to wait for my GPU to arrive before I can do the build :negative:

enjoy the badz fps plebescrub

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

VAC ban excuse of the day posted:

I want you to remove the ban from me because; I have enabled the cheat because of the kids that you could not prevent, never tried to hide it and I did not use it because of winning the game but wanted to discourage them...

Finally, you are not helping to decrease cheaters, only making them more professional to cheat... This game is free-2-play now.

I know really well that cheating is the worst thing a player can do, but you need to understand my situation here and act fair.

:laugh:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I only cheated to teach the cheaters a lesson you see, furthermore

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

his nibs posted:

Show it by buying an Idris!

Hell, If they add a detailed eating rhythm game where you can choke too death if you don't chew your food properly I'll buy two!

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

G0RF posted:

Chris keeps laying out his delusory case for the pending wrapup of Squadron development. He states that OCS was the last big R&D hurdle to clear, so should be easy going from here.

What's the latest tech buzzword that's the last remaining hurdle? I remember when everybody was hyped for how serialized variables were going to fix everything in the Jesus patch.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

This coming from one of the chief stalkers/SC apologists not even a year ago. What must it be like to go through life with this little self awareness?

At what point do you become so incapable of self examination that you stop qualifying as a conscious entity? No internal dialogue at all, just a chinese room with mysterious pattern-matching techniques, forever reflecting the outside world back at itself.

It is possible that Fandred is a philosophical zombie, is what I'm saying.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Pulsarcat posted:

Hell, If they add a detailed eating rhythm game where you can choke too death if you don't chew your food properly I'll buy two!

You'd need to rely on CI¬Gs servers being able to track your input without lagging, you still up for it?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bubbacub posted:

What's the latest tech buzzword that's the last remaining hurdle? I remember when everybody was hyped for how serialized variables were going to fix everything in the Jesus patch.

Server meshing, or possibly server side object container system.

Not much of it will help, because pretty much all the most hilarious bugs are when of one of their object containers stops streaming.

peter gabriel posted:

Confession time: Sometimes when I have done working for the day I like to have a coffee and read the VAC forums on Steam, it guarantees a little laugh to end the day on.
BANNed ON CSGo FRO NO REWASON

I've considered CG:GO to be a honey pot for the worst of the worst. Like Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

I can personally understand the rage that's sparked over this decision. Many of you are probably already familiar with the fact that backers, the hardcore gamers who backed this project, tend to get involved. In 2012, the first wave of backers who helped us raise $15 million dollars, who donated $1 million each, and have been the driving force behind this project for years. I am personally friends with many of you, and have been for three years now.

For me, I am not even a backer. I'm just doing my job—writing reviews of products, writing articles, contributing to Reddit forums. I do not consider myself a backer, although I have supported the project myself for quite some time.

The people at Cloud Imperium Games, the developers of the game, understand this. A couple of months ago (March 7), there was a Reddit AMA with Chris Roberts and a couple other senior employees. The most notable statement from the AMA (which is embedded and below if that helps you see what they were saying

:golfclap: