Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

here comes the spunk posted:

What's the deal with Daichi Hashimoto anyway? I remember when he debuted and everyone was real excited about him. Is he really that bad?

He's fine if a bit lazy, so that's kind of bad when your dad was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

He's fine if a bit lazy, so that's kind of bad when your dad was great.

Also when you keep getting pushed into title matches and getting cool opportunities your infinitely better partner should be getting.

The funniest thing I heard about him was Sam Adonis saying that their Champion Carnival match went short because Daichi couldn't be bothered to kick out of the regular move that Adonis hit him with.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
it doesn't help that all his dad's friends/ other vets washed their hands of him for whatever reason

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

here comes the spunk posted:

What's the deal with Daichi Hashimoto anyway? I remember when he debuted and everyone was real excited about him. Is he really that bad?

He's just boring. Almost every time I see Daichi I am staggered at how little fire he shows.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbf if he's just doing it for the money then I can totes respect the grift

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1184374399790735360?s=19

It's funny because NOAH is how HHH says "no"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

tthere were def heavy rumors of them being co-opted in that period after bushiroad partnership/partial ownership and before the current group took over. mixed feelings at best about the rebrand but obv a way better fate than that

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Riki Choshu has saved pro wrestling once again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's funny because NOAH is how HHH says "no"

lol

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Imagining Kenoh v Johnny Gargano in round 1 of the Mitsuharu Misawa Classic tournament

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
they'd look at Kiyomoya, think he's too young and then refuse to do anything with him for ten years

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If this little poo poo has got me invested in his new batch of rookies to turn around and reveal they're the first class of NXT Japan I will never trust anyone again.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If this little poo poo has got me invested in his new batch of rookies to turn around and reveal they're the first class of NXT Japan I will never trust anyone again.
Nonononononononono

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Vince is big on infidelity these days

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
JUST SELL OUT

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Any existing fed work with the WWE is going to be in for a shock when it finds out WWE fans in Japan like the sports entertainment style and the fans of their fed like their style. I can't help but see die hard Big Japan fans not being happy at all in being NXT Japan

Also Vince will screw you over etc...etc

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Finally splitting up TakaTaichiMania :(

To be fair, it does just say this was a photo from 23 years ago I found in my images folder.

Excuse to play the fantastic old Taka & Taichi theme song

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 16, 2019

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Any existing fed work with the WWE is going to be in for a shock when it finds out WWE fans in Japan like the sports entertainment style and the fans of their fed like their style. I can't help but see die hard Big Japan fans not being happy at all in being NXT Japan

Also Vince will screw you over etc...etc

Remember that post about cross-pollination of wrestling fans in Japan? And how it’s NJPW, and everyone else?

There’s another, separate “everyone else,” and that’s WWE fans.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

forkboy84 posted:

DespyTaichiMania :unsmith:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

Remember that post about cross-pollination of wrestling fans in Japan? And how it’s NJPW, and everyone else?

I feel like if that guy had included WWE in his research there would have been massive crossover with DDT fans. Luckily they ended up in the AEW sphere.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

DOUKITaichiMania :unsmith:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair, it does just say this was a photo from 23 years ago I found in my images folder.

Excuse to play the fantastic old Taka & Taichi theme song

Holy poo poo, this rules :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hadn't been paying attention to WWE's expansions. Have they actually done anything in japan or is it still at the same theoretical level it was 10 years ago?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

harperdc posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I feel like if that guy had included WWE in his research there would have been massive crossover with DDT fans. Luckily they ended up in the AEW sphere.
A lot of people have no concept of WWE's fan base in Japan, much like ~15 years ago Japan had no concept of puro dorks like me. I vividly recall the Raw in Japan (2005?) where the crowd heavily booed the translator, because they all understood English just fine (especially as long-time WWE viewers). DDT pulls heavily from that fanbase, both for its fans and for talent.

Strong agreement on wishing that WWE was part of that crossover analysis.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

I hadn't been paying attention to WWE's expansions. Have they actually done anything in japan or is it still at the same theoretical level it was 10 years ago?

It's all rumours at the moment but they've really cranked up in the last few days, to the point where Meiko Satamura & Daisuke Sekimoto are being mentioned as trainers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no Sekimoto, don't fall for it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fact WWE is letting Walter work against Seikmoto does add some fuel to those rumors

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Big Japan got duped into working with CZW way back when so I'm pretty sure they are perfectly capable of being hoodwinked by WWE too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BJW getting so mad at CZW(Zandig particularly) they worked with Chikara for "revenge" is one of the more funnier stories to come out of wrestling.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Two or three house shows a year, TV deal on satellite. :shrug: personified.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
So I did a thing and will be seeing DDT at Ryogoku. Any other goons going?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I will be there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/collective2020/status/1184976784716107781?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The build to Marufuji vs. Muta is weird

http://puroprogramtranslations.blogspot.com/2019/10/marufuji-enters-world-of-demons.html

quote:

Tokyo Sports
19th October 2019

Noah's Genius, Naomichi Marufuji (40), completed the countermeasures against residents of Hell on the 18th. At Sumo Hall on November 2nd he will make his first confrontation with the incarnation of Keiji Muto (56), The Great Muta, so for this he visited the miraculous "Hell" that exists in this world. This deepened his confidence to destroy Muta.

It was dusk on the 18th when Marufuji heard the disembodied voice "Go here..." from the Great Maru, his own incarnation that is hidden in the Demon World.
The designated place is "Treat or Treat" horror dining in Roppongi, Tokyo. Famous for enthusiasts, the master of horror Hollywood's Tim Burton (61), also known as a genius, visits each time he comes to Japan.

When this paper opened the door at the specified time, a scene that was far removed from everyday life unfolded. Empty chairs shook under dim lights, and the floor makes a creaking sound. The clock on the wall spins at an odd speed. While proceeding cautiously into the depths while looking at a skeleton on the right, and a tattered doll on the left, there was the figure of the genius illuminated by the candle flame.
"Do not come!"
Next to Marufuji, a large devilish figure put up his hand for us to stop, before sitting down. This is the owner and director D. ZOMBIE (Hell age 777). While white smoke billowed around them, the two continued to talk for more than thirty minutes.
Marufuji's expression, which was initially uneasy, suddenly became full of animation. Apparently he seems to have been given countermeasures against the Demon World.

They finished their conversation with a champagne toast.
Marufuji drank it all at once and said, "Delicious...it is like the essence of Hell has entered my body."
Although the details were not revealed, "It turns out that evil souls are also possible for people who live in the world", and furthermore, "You can win without the advent of Maru. I just want the soul of Hell to dwell inside of you." Use the traverse kick at a critical moment, the perfect key lock with the neck tied with rope. If you focus on the "evil attack", such as the Tiger King to the mouth combining the poisonous mist, then you will not be afraid of Muta.
"For one night, there will be an evil soul dwelling in Naomichi Marufuji. (Evil laughter)

The "evil genius" who is posing with a cutthroat pose, looks to make a historic victory a reality.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Adaptabullshit posted:

So I did a thing and will be seeing DDT at Ryogoku. Any other goons going?

yup! i'll be in the upper deck halfway into my first ever japan vacation, i think it's going to be like a 7 hour show or some bullshit so will have plenty of time to say hi to folks i hope!

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I sure hope it's not 7 hours. 5 hours is more in line with the past Ryogokus.

I'll be down in the mat seats. This whole trip was a last minute decision and the ticket was also a resale. Happy to hi-five any goons.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If any of you are interested in grabbing drinks after the show, I have 50% off drink tickets for a nearby bar donated to me by Pinche Rudo and Dante Vicknabb when we went for drinks near Ryogoku after KOPW and it seems fitting they end up going to other goons.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I beg that you make use of the coupons. I did actually end up going back to Popeye after the KFC Hall shows and met two of the most interesting and certainly accomplished people I've ever met, a doctor and nutritional scientist from Europe. I got to teach them about Jushin Liger.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/shu_nishinaga/status/1186210035312943104?s=19

Wrestlers who have wrestled the most singles matches in Japan in 2019. I have no idea who the guy in 2nd place is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why is asuka in caps even on there