Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Quidthulhu posted:

A friend of mine is the driving force behind this and he does real quality work. He also put together the Baby Bestiary for 5e, if anyone is familiar with that. Dude has been hitting the pavement for theist 5-10 years in the independent RPG/supplement market and if there’s a project I’d recommend supporting, it would be any of his!

e: and by driving force I mean “literal project creator Andreas is my bud” :v:

I'm sure he's cool and I like the overall design, but I found the playtest layout not particularly conducive to actually figuring out what the system was. I don't really see why one would use a d20 for a system like this, makes the whole thing seem really swingy for how precise the game can be.

I also didn't like having to provide payment info for a playtest doc. I get that it's on his storefront, so it's not a dealbreaker, just was glad I could use GPay instead of having to enter something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

Okay, but why did he use the old english form of churlish? I get this is an old england game, but he didn't do that anywhere else in the section. Just feels really weird

no clue. i'm personally not a fan of mixing in the weird old words into the ks pitch. reminds me of that weirdo who does burning wheel or whatever it is

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I don't really see why one would use a d20 for a system like this, makes the whole thing seem really swingy for how precise the game can be.

You are asking this about a hobby where people will buy something solely because it has a picture of a d20 on it?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

homullus posted:

You are asking this about a hobby where people will buy something solely because it has a picture of a d20 on it?

I'd have been less bothered if it was just some bad d20 game, actually!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Got a lovely email from Kickstarter saying that for whatever reason they were disinclined to share, the totally fair and balanced libruls vs. conservatives board game, by that lunatic chessman, has been canceled.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Bieeanshee posted:

Got a lovely email from Kickstarter saying that for whatever reason they were disinclined to share, the totally fair and balanced libruls vs. conservatives board game, by that lunatic chessman, has been canceled.

I didn’t know you could hide your kickstarter completely by request. I wonder that that looks like from his profile page.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Serf posted:

no clue. i'm personally not a fan of mixing in the weird old words into the ks pitch. reminds me of that weirdo who does burning wheel or whatever it is
It's probably because "churl" was a social class of the era, hence the word "churlish" having specific Old English roots which still have resonances in its current meanings.

I don't mind it because it's one thematically appropriate joke and you don't need to understand it to follow what he's saying it, so it's hardly obscuring the meaning the way Luke Crane does it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bieeanshee posted:

And only five days after he cancelled it himself, no less. Great job Kickstarter.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Bieeanshee posted:

Same and I can't gravedance. Shameful.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Mods change my name to Lunatic Chessman.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I wanted to post this goon designed (not by me) quick fire RPG based on random characters and using a loose variant of the Dungeon World system

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/disposable-heroes-0

I played it at gencon and successfully caused a 50 foot tall elf toddler to poo poo their pants.

It's almost funded, be part of the success story!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Spirit Island digital is up on IGG. While they aren't doing this to boycott KS, they do mention that they're doing it to prevent disruption to their campaign in case of boycott.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/spirit-island-digital-tabletop-game#/

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
The SI KS is commendable for its ethics, for Spirit Island being an excellent game, and for Handelabra making pretty quality ports.

Day one back.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Rome & Roll is up on KS at the moment. I was doing demos for this game at the UKGE: it's roll and write game with more interaction than most other R&W games.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
My chum Phil Hynes has a Kickstarter on at the moment. He's a comission sculptor but started doing a lot of his own projects, which means they've ended up pretty quirky.

He's done a chunk of our critters at Bad Squiddo - top bloke and characterful work.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/98300108/bears-head-minis-and-the-pickled-dragon-monstrous-lexicon-1

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like a pretty serious update to the Hyper Light Drifter playtest doc. I like the tweaks to the energy system, it makes a lot more sense to me now. Still not totally enamored with how swingy checks look, but it all seems pretty sensible and like it'd flow well.

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

the only genius in the whole fucking business
New Flying Circus update with more arts.

I know I'm way behind, but I hope the quality of the art (and the final product) makes up for it a bit.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

We've got a playable draft and art update after art update. I think it's OK.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mllaneza posted:

We've got a playable draft and art update after art update. I think it's OK.

Yeah, it seems open_sketchbook is disappointed in the progress, but as a backer I’m not.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Hey guys, Flickfleet just put up their Kickstarter for the expansion. I actually own a copy of this game, from back when I was looking for dexterity based games, and I'd like to shamelessly hawk it for a moment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eurydice-games/flickfleet-the-second-wave-reprint-and-scenarios-expansion

It's a quick playing dexterity based board game where you actually push your ships and fighters around the map, by flicking specific spots on the ship, and shoot by doing the same with dice! It actually works surprisingly well after a couple games of it, and the main weakness is a lack of ship variants and scenarios (Which this expansion is planning to fix) It sort of plays like a quicker X-wing, even down to the "Imperial" and "Rebel" factions.

I'm unaffiliated with the guys doing it, I just want to see more content!

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 12, 2019

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Obsidian Protocol has funded, just shy of £280k, but the devs have added that stretchgoal in anyway!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian-protocol/obsidian-protocol-mecha-miniature-wargame

Now for the waiting game.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hey friends

We're just about in the final 48 hours for Disposable Heroes. It's been a rocky campaign, way way harder than anything I've ever done creatively, but I won't get into that. I'm like 50-50 on if we're going to hit our goal right now, but I still believe in this project a lot, and I'm really hyped to see it made, so I'm going around asking folks for some help during this final push. We need to find about 70~ more backers or $3kish. We just opened up some more Create-A-Hero tiers, and some retail ones, on the off chance anyone of y'all were holding out for that.

Trad Games has always been super kind to us here at SPG, and in a lot of ways really helped us get where we are with Orc Stabr and Americana, so I figure if there's anywhere that can help us get over this finish line, it's here.

Anyway, enough sob story. This game is going to kick rear end. I can't wait to make it. Here's a thread on twitter where I beg for help and talk about why it's amazing, and show off some artwork from the game;
https://twitter.com/SandyPugGames/status/1183389847165292548

And here's the Kickstarter itself. Thanks for all your help friends.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/disposable-heroes-0

Oh real quick, here's a move I showed off on twitter but I think y'all will get a kick out of. This is part of the basic moveset for the game right now;

Disposable Heroes posted:

I Quit
When you’ve had enough of this poo poo, roll. Don’t add anything.

On a 10+, you go out in a blaze of glory. Solve a problem, give someone on your team +1 forward, +1 armor or make something stop hurting your pals. Discard your character.
On a 7-9, you think you go out in a blaze of glory. Solve a problem temporarily. It’ll get worse after you’re gone. Discard your character.
On a 6 or below, you make everything worse as you leave. Discard your character.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Obsidian Protocol has funded, just shy of £280k, but the devs have added that stretchgoal in anyway!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian-protocol/obsidian-protocol-mecha-miniature-wargame

Now for the waiting game.

I feel bad for any of the people getting this to paint the models because I can imagine the modular parts thing making the paint clash really badly.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Hey friends
We're just about in the final 48 hours for Disposable Heroes. It's been a rocky campaign, way way harder than anything I've ever done creatively, but I won't get into that. I'm like 50-50 on if we're going to hit our goal right now, but I still believe in this project a lot, and I'm really hyped to see it made, so I'm going around asking folks for some help during this final push. We need to find about 70~ more backers or $3kish. We just opened up some more Create-A-Hero tiers, and some retail ones, on the off chance anyone of y'all were holding out for that.

I'm so excited about how close you are to the finish line! Only 280$ left to go!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

OgreNoah posted:

I'm so excited about how close you are to the finish line! Only 280$ left to go!

Yesterday was enormous! Way more than I'd even hoped. I'm pretty excited at the prospect that we might even get to hit one of our guest artist stretch goals!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Congrats on funding. Now for the hard part.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

After this month, actually making the drat thing is gonna feel like a breeze. It's very much my favourite part of messing around with the PbTA system - I get to sit down and write one iconic move for each character, and Ren has been hyped about doing the art all month. I'm really really hyped to get started.

Thanks again to everyone in here for supporting us. I promise the next one will have better international options lmao

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Hey here's a Kickstarter that looks pretty neat, it's called Dungeon Hoard: New board game from Dungeon based on the popular Dungeon game. Wow, it looks like it's got cards, box art, instructive how to play videos, these guys have really got their poo poo together.

Oh wait, that's because they're attempting to "crowdfund" a game that already exists.

quote:

Games is a tabletop game design and publishing collaborative based in Paris,Seattle, WA. Molly, Robert, and Shawn.

Ah yes, scenic Paris Seattle, board game capital of the Pacific northwest. The comments section is also worth a quick sensible chuckle as whoever is behind this has a grasp on the English language to rival JeffK during Something Awful's golden age.

quote:

Hi Christian ,
if you have come here to talk for nothing keep your words for you please and take your 1$ with you thanks . jealous ppl are a lot like you dont worry !
[...]
hey you motherfucker ur just a superdick u know go play away and do something in ur life and who told u were waiting to live from this compain its nothing like u ur just a real stupid
[...]
man we are dungeon-hoard and not dungeon-hoard1 (1) i see u understand nothing

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Some locals are kickstarting modern military models for their squad wargame. The sculpts seem pretty decent, but I'm not sold by the rules.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
FYI that Dungeon Hoard KS is a major copyright violation. Someone who is not the creator lifted it from The Game Crafter. The original creator knows, you can see their version below, and you should consider reporting the campaign.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/dungeon-hoard1

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Extremely wishing I'd bothered to get Ed Trice's phone number when I had the chance.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Good luck with your game kai

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I am so tempted to record a spoken word reading of this

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Just sent out the PoD coupons for Americana. Sorry they took a little while! The first proof was garbage and fixing it took a lot of learning about 15 year old printing standards!
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/286486/Americana

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Just sent out the PoD coupons for Americana. Sorry they took a little while! The first proof was garbage and fixing it took a lot of learning about 15 year old printing standards!
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/286486/Americana

Ayup, DriveThruRPG print proofing can be a real pain in the rear end. Good job on getting this to the finish line!

In other news - I'm launching my new kickstarter later today, and thought I'd give the thread an early preview in case there were any glaring errors or weirdness. Voidheart Symphony is a game I could easily summarise as 'What if Persona 5 followed through on its themes and respected queer identities' - it's about a group of regular people who find out that an evil labyrinth dimension is empowering their city's worst predators, and decide to raid it and steal their power.

It draws on a lot of the Castlevania-emulating dungeoneering rules I put into Rhapsody of Blood, while adding in a mundane world investigation phase that draws on Spire and Ironsworn. I'm very happy with it, and hopefully it finds an audience? So yeah, check it out if you like!

Mouzer
May 9, 2006
Feed the fish!

nesbit37 posted:

FYI that Dungeon Hoard KS is a major copyright violation. Someone who is not the creator lifted it from The Game Crafter. The original creator knows, you can see their version below, and you should consider reporting the campaign.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/dungeon-hoard1

Well, they shut it down... And ooh boy:

quote:

i canceled this compain because no one deserve + some of this kids who come and broke the project , for theese ppl who beleived ernest did u see his page verified? (blue badge) ?? because they lied to all of u :p

Mouzer fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 16, 2019

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Flavivirus posted:

Ayup, DriveThruRPG print proofing can be a real pain in the rear end. Good job on getting this to the finish line!

In other news - I'm launching my new kickstarter later today, and thought I'd give the thread an early preview in case there were any glaring errors or weirdness. Voidheart Symphony is a game I could easily summarise as 'What if Persona 5 followed through on its themes and respected queer identities' - it's about a group of regular people who find out that an evil labyrinth dimension is empowering their city's worst predators, and decide to raid it and steal their power.

It draws on a lot of the Castlevania-emulating dungeoneering rules I put into Rhapsody of Blood, while adding in a mundane world investigation phase that draws on Spire and Ironsworn. I'm very happy with it, and hopefully it finds an audience? So yeah, check it out if you like!

Hell yeah, this sounds perfect.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Flavivirus posted:

In other news - I'm launching my new kickstarter later today, and thought I'd give the thread an early preview in case there were any glaring errors or weirdness.

This looks pretty awesome; I'm looking forward to the launch.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Flavivirus posted:

In other news - I'm launching my new kickstarter later today, and thought I'd give the thread an early preview.
Oh heck yeah I'm onboard for this.

Question, though: on the rewards, it says on the £25 level that you'll be able to add the deck on in BackerKit. Does that mean it won't be available as an add-on otherwise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kai Tave posted:

Extremely wishing I'd bothered to get Ed Trice's phone number when I had the chance.

I think you misunderstood, he’s not a computer hacker. He’s an ethics hacker.

For instance, normally stealing a board game from someone would be wrong, which is why he had to hack into the ethics of it and update them. Now stealing that board game is a-ok.