Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Leaving Syria is ‘knife in the back’ for Kurdish forces, Panetta says
pbs.org/Oct 7, 2019 6:52 PM EDT
"The U.S. military is on the way out of northeastern Syria, and it appears that Turkish forces are on their way in. What does President Trump's decision to withdraw troops mean for Syria and Kurdish forces? Amna Nawaz gets reaction from former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and former National Security Council staff member Steve Simon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Lindsey Graham opens investigation on Joe and Hunter Biden in blatant counter investigation to muddy the waters. Guiliani is invited to testify.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-08/graham-invites-giuliani-to-testify-on-ukraine-allegations

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Supreme Court hears arguments on whether anti-discrimination bill of 1964 applies to sexual orientation and gender identity. The outcome is far from certain. Signs show that sexual orientation will be upheld, but gender identity will be struck down. Ruling is expected in June.

Source: https://www.sfchronicle.com/lgbt/article/U-S-Supreme-Court-signs-favorable-for-including-14502240.php

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 9, 2019

mystes
May 31, 2006

Covok posted:

Supreme Court hears arguments on whether anti-discrimination bill of 1964 applies to sexual orientation and gender identity. The outcome is far from certain. Signs show that sexual orientation will be upheld, but gender identity will be struck down. Ruling is expected in June.

Source: https://www.sfchronicle.com/lgbt/article/U-S-Supreme-Court-signs-favorable-for-including-14502240.php
This sucks but at least it's not an issue of constitutionality so it can still be fixed in the future by legislation (without requiring a constitutional amendment).

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mystes posted:

This sucks but at least it's not an issue of constitutionality so it can still be fixed in the future by legislation (without requiring a constitutional amendment).

It should be fixed either way so its future-proofed if regressives ever get another chance. Ditto with abortion laws.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
Netanyahu Warns Against Turkey's Ethnic Cleansing of 'Gallant Kurds'; Vows to Assist
haaretz.com/Oct 10, 2019
"Erdogan blasts Netanyahu's comments as 'empty words of disgraced politician looking at many years in prison'"

Don't know what Netanyahu is thinking but might be time to bring back single combat.

George Will: No Republican who supports Trump should be re-elected
rawstory.com/October 10, 2019
'Writing in the Washington Post, Will recalled the times Trump complimented his own intelligence, saying “I’m a very stable genius” and that he has “a very good brain.” In reality, Trump is “spiraling downward in a tightening gyre,” said Will.'

Pence, Pompeo and Barr deserve to be impeached, too
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 9, 2019
"President Trump has no one but himself to blame for the fact that he is on the verge of being impeached. He recognizes no legal or moral limits on his “absolute right” to do whatever he pleases — including pressuring a foreign country to intervene in U.S. politics on his behalf. But his most senior aides have done him no favors by acting as accelerators rather than brakes on his unconscionable conduct.

Three senior officials, in particular, could have tried to dissuade the president from misusing his office for personal gain, but there is no evidence that they ever attempted to do so. History will record their names along with Trump’s in the annals of ignominy. The president’s principal accomplices in his brazen assault on the rule of law are Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Attorney General William P. Barr."

Every Republican on the 2020 ballot should face the kind of scorn heaped on Joni Ernst
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 10, 2019

Christians Plan National Day Of Prayer To Support Trump Impeachment Inquiry
huffpost.com/10/09/2019
"There are some Republicans who are less effective than others in disguising their moral cowardice and partisan blindness. Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) is among the worst."

'Tip of the Iceberg': Prosecutors Allege Vast Criminal Conspiracy by Giuliani Associates to Funnel Foreign Cash to Trump and GOP
commondreams.org
(Non-twit recap.)

McConnell's likely Democratic challenger raises $10.7 million In three months
cnn.com/October 10, 2019
"The massive haul once again reveals McGrath to be a fundraising powerhouse. In her 2018 congressional race, an ad highlighting McGrath's background — the first woman Marine to fly an F-18 in combat, who flew more than 85 combat missions in the Middle East -- went viral and helped her raise millions before she narrowly lost in November. In the last financial quarter, McGrath received on average $36 and donations from every county in Kentucky, according to her campaign."

The Horrifying Campaign Against LGBTQ People in Poland—and How the U.S. Has Made It Worse
slate.com/Oct 10, 2019

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Quickly becoming clear why Giuliani was running point on this operation. He was in too deep not to.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wasn't he also running...to Vienna?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Is Barr still out of the country? Is he ever coming back?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

He’s in Notre Dame IN today. People in my circle of friends were organizing protests but I don’t know if it’s bluster or actually something to watch for. I’m in Plymouth today do I’m away from it all and can’t confirm

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

He came back and had a meeting with Murdoch. A running theory is trump had Barr tell Murdoch to fire Shep.

Why Shep Smith finally walked out of Fox News for good
cnn.com/October 11, 2019

Flip a coin, so far IMO.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Tillerson story creates Trump’s latest possible impeachable offense
msnbc.com/10/10/19
'About a year ago, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson appeared at a forum and was asked why he and Donald Trump struggled to see eye to eye. The nation’s former chief diplomat talked a bit about the differences in their styles before noting, almost in passing, that the president had asked him to do things that “violate the law.”'

China Is Destroying Uighur Cemeteries, Affecting Generations of Families
vice.com/October 2019
"Research by AFP and satellite imagery by Earthrise Alliance released yesterday found that Uighur burial grounds in Xinjiang have been destroyed, leaving shattered tombs and bones behind. Forty-five Uighur cemeteries have been dugout since 2014, including 30 in just the past two years."

Jane Fonda arrested in climate change strike outside Capitol
abcnews.go.com/Oct 11, 2019
"Academy Award winning actress Jane Fonda, 81, was arrested by police with a group of about a dozen protesters Friday after being warned repeatedly to leave the steps of the U.S. Capitol."

The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia
Frontline (pbs.org)/Aired: 10/01/19
"A year after the murder of columnist Jamal Khashoggi, FRONTLINE investigates the rise of Saudi Arabia's crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman. In a two-hour documentary, Martin Smith — who has covered the Middle East for FRONTLINE for 20 years — examines the crown prince's vision for the future of Saudi Arabia, his handling of dissent and his ties to Khashoggi's killing."

Good in-depth review of recent Saudi history.

We wanted to help out in Normandy but we had bone spurs, explain Kurds
newsthump.com/10 October 2019
"As Donald Trump tries to justify abandoning long-standing allies, specifically those who did the brunt of the fighting in the US campaign against ISIS, the Kurdish authorities have tried to change his mind by explaining they were plagued by painful bone spurs during World War 2."

(Satire.)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Pentagon says US forces came under Turkish artillery fire in Syria
cnn.com/Updated 12:32 PM ET, Sat October 12, 2019
"One US official told CNN the US does not believe the Turkish shelling near US troops posted near Kobani was an accident and that it was likely designed to chase the US from the area. The US has previously announced that it gave Turkey "explicit grid coordinate detail" of US positions in Syria."

We know this, but headlines are circulating that Turkish forces "Mistakenly" or "Accidentally" bombed. Nope.

Manufacturing is now officially in recession, despite Trump’s vow to boost industry
latimes.com/Oct. 11, 2019
"During President Trump’s first two years in office, his standing with many voters was buoyed by a surge in manufacturing that helped create millions of new jobs and undergirded the whole U.S. economy.

But today, manufacturing has plunged into recession and is threatening to pull down other sectors, perhaps hitting hardest on supporters in those states that helped put Trump in office."

After Avoiding Safety Upgrades, PG&E Hired Lobbyists and Public Relations Instead
theintercept.com/October 11 2019
"Power shutoffs affecting more than 1 million residents, scheduled by PG&E this week throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California, have sparked a massive backlash, with many community members telling reporters that they are shocked that the company has not done more to upgrade its transmission lines."

Despite US soldiers in Syria, Trump says, ‘We have no soldiers in Syria’
msnbc.com/10/11/19
'The first sign of trouble came in November 2016, about two weeks after the U.S. presidential election, when Donald Trump sat down with the New York Times and said he had some “strong ideas” about Syria. The article about the interview added at the time, “He declined to say what those ideas are despite several requests to do so.”'

California bans private prisons and immigration detention centers
reuters.com/October 11, 2019
"California moved to end the use of private, for-profit lockups in America’s largest state prison system as well as in federal immigration detention centers in the state under a measure signed into law on Friday by Governor Gavin Newsom"

Who are the Kurds?
bbc.com/9 October 2019
"Between 25 and 35 million Kurds inhabit a mountainous region straddling the borders of Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Iran and Armenia. They make up the fourth-largest ethnic group in the Middle East, but they have never obtained a permanent nation state."
BBC review for your friends claiming the Kurds for whatever reason left or right.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
World Bank Cuts Russian Growth Forecast
themoscowtimes.com/Oct. 9, 2019
"Economy expected to expand by just 1% in 2019 amid weak investment, low consumer confidence and international sanctions."

Might be time to poke the oil-price bear.

Democrats to offer resolution demanding Trump reverse Syria decision
thehill.com/10/13/19
'"We will be putting on the floor of the Senate and the House ... a joint resolution that urges the president to undo his decision to do everything he can to protect the Kurds, to do everything that we must do to prevent ISIS terrorists from escaping, and make sure that Turkey respects existing agreements related to Syria and with the United States," Schumer said.'

The orange fecal smear let the rabid cat out of the bag, and now it's eating the face off of the baby, but maybe it's time to let him wander off to the sanction store to shop for a cat collar.

'Turkey out of Syria!' - Protests in London
news.sky.com/13 October

Climate rebels open new fronts across capital as protests escalate
theguardian.com/12 Oct 2019
'Climate protesters on Saturday intensified efforts to disrupt life in London, and targeted sites including Billingsgate fish market and Shell’s headquarters. They said police took at least 28 of their supporters into custody. That number means that more than 1,200 Extinction Rebellion activists have been arrested in London since their protests, over the government’s “failure” to act over climate change, were launched last Monday.'

Serious question: Where do "rebels" fit into the Protesters / Terrorists spectrum in Guardian-speak?

Extinction Rebellion: Meet the climate protesters blocking traffic in cities around the world
washingtonpost.com/October 7
'Demonstrators blocked roads and bridges leading to the Palace of Westminster in central London. They staged a “die-in” in Wellington, New Zealand. They obstructed a major roundabout in Berlin, parked a pink sailboat outside the prime minister’s office in Dublin and splattered fake blood on Wall Street’s “Charging Bull” sculpture.

The group’s message is that climate change is an emergency that requires drastic and immediate action.

And it has already seen some success.'

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Love your posts!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
This is a Good Thread :discourse:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Otteration is PPJ junior(in terms of their former news rundowns) and I greatly appreciate your efforts!

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
:yeah:

Have a Mark and Carrie

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Otteration posted:

He came back and had a meeting with Murdoch. A running theory is trump had Barr tell Murdoch to fire Shep.

Why Shep Smith finally walked out of Fox News for good
cnn.com/October 11, 2019

Flip a coin, so far IMO.

Just read this and all I can say is...Newsroom 2 is gonna be lit.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Trump emboldens Russia to meddle in brewing war between Kurds and Turks
nydailynews.com/Oct 14, 2019
"President Trump on Monday applauded Russia for filling the vacuum left by the U.S. after the commander-in-chief ordered troops to withdraw from northern Syria."

Disaster is unfolding in Syria as videos emerge of US allies being slaughtered and hundreds of ISIS prisoners escape during airstrikes
businessinsider.com/Oct 13, 2019
"As the Turkish invasion in northern Syria proceeds, the region appears to have descended into violent chaos, with videos emerging of Turkish proxies slaughtering US allies."

Turkish-led forces film themselves executing a Kurdish captive in Syria
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 13, 2019
"The most gruesome and explicit of the videos shows Turkish-allied Syrian fighters pumping bursts of automatic fire into the body of a bound man lying on the side of a desert road as a gunman shouts to his comrades to take his phone and film him doing the shooting. Another trembling, handcuffed man crouches on the opposite side of the road as the shooting erupts. “Kill them,” one man is heard shouting."

UK refuses to join France, Germany and Netherlands in halting arms sales to Turkey
independent.co.uk/5 hours ago
"The British government has refused to join its allies in halting arms sales to Turkey over the country’s military operation against Kurdish forces in Syria."

Youth hockey coach speaks out after receiving racist message from parent
yahoo.com/Oct 13, 2019
'“I was like, ‘What. The. Hell,’” he told Yahoo Sports Canada. Javaid received a text message from one of the parents of a child he coaches. The text message was fully loaded with racist and xenophobic ideology and began with the unoriginal line, “I’m not a racist but…”'

Columbus Day or Indigenous Peoples’ Day? Depends Where You Are
nytimes.com/Oct. 14, 2019
"In the past year, at least five states and numerous cities and towns have joined a long list of places to formally recognize Indigenous Peoples’ Day."

CO2 emissions cause lost labor productivity, research shows
phys.org/October 11, 2019
"Climate change may also be making outdoor labour more dangerous, according to a new study published in Scientific Reports. It was led by Yann Chavaillaz, a former postdoctoral researcher at Concordia and the Ouranos Institute, and Damon Matthews, professor and Concordia Research Chair in Climate Science and Sustainability in the Department of Geography, Planning and Environment."

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
that dog should weigh 25 lbs but he's just sweating it all off, running past a line of sun-stroking builders working on the Wall

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Trump’s ex-Russia adviser told impeachment investigators of Giuliani’s efforts in Ukraine

quote:

Fiona Hill, the White House’s former top Russia adviser, told impeachment investigators on Monday that Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, ran a shadow foreign policy in Ukraine that circumvented U.S. officials and career diplomats in order to personally benefit President Trump, according to a person familiar with her testimony.

Hill, who served as the senior official for Russia and Europe on the National Security Council, was the latest witness in a fast-moving impeachment inquiry focused on whether the president abused his office by using the promise of military aid and diplomatic support to pressure Ukraine into investigating his political rivals.

In a closed-door session that lasted roughly 10 hours, Hill told lawmakers that she confronted Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, about Giuliani’s activities which, she testified, were not coordinated with the officials responsible for carrying out U.S. foreign policy, this person said on the condition of anonymity to disclose details of her deposition.

Sondland played a leading role in the Trump administration’s efforts to pressure Ukraine to open investigations of the president’s political rivals, text messages obtained and later released by House Democrats show. Three congressional committees are now probing how Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, who was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company, as well as a debunked theory that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 U.S. election in an attempt to damage Trump’s candidacy.

Sondland is set to appear before lawmakers later this week.

And in a sign the impeachment inquiry is widening, investigators were discussing whether to question John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser, according to people familiar with the matter. Bolton was Hill’s direct superior at the NSC.

“Rudy Giuliani has clearly been a leading force for the administration in defining a shadow foreign policy in Ukraine,” Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) told reporters after emerging from Hill’s testimony, though he declined to say whether Hill testified to that effect. “There was an official foreign policy, which was attempting to counter corruption in Ukraine, and then there was Rudy Giuliani and the gang that couldn’t shoot straight who worked for him, who were involved precisely [in] connecting with corruption in Ukraine and promoting corruption in Ukraine.”

Giuliani on Monday night said: “I don’t know Fiona and can’t figure out what she is talking about,” adding that his contact with Ukrainian officials was set up with the State Department.

“I reported everything back to them,” he said. “Nothing shadowy about it.”

Giuliani also said he believed Hill was out of the loop compared to Sondland and others involved with Ukraine. “She just didn’t know,” he said. He added he’d never talked to her about Ukraine policy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Otteration posted:

Trump emboldens Russia to meddle in brewing war between Kurds and Turks
nydailynews.com/Oct 14, 2019
"President Trump on Monday applauded Russia for filling the vacuum left by the U.S. after the commander-in-chief ordered troops to withdraw from northern Syria."

Aide: Mr President, you know that thing the US has dedicated itself to trying to prevent for 75 years? Yeah, it's happening now because of your actions.

Trump: Hooray!

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Mike Pence refuses to comply with House document request — and suggests probe is illegitimate
rawstory.com/1 hour ago on October 15, 2019
'Matthew Morgan, a counsel for Pence, wrote in a letter to House Democrats that the “self-proclaimed impeachment inquiry” is illegitimate because Democrats have not taken a formal vote to proceed — something that is not actually required by the Constitution.'

That's an obstruction. That's an impeachment possibility.

House approves bills supporting pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong
cnn.com/Updated 6:50 PM ET, Tue October 15, 2019
"(CNN)The House of Representatives sent a clear rebuke to Beijing and reaffirmed American support for pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong on Tuesday afternoon, as police have intensified crackdowns on protesters in the semiautonomous region in recent weeks.

Lawmakers approved the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act after demonstrators in the city of 7 million took to the streets earlier this week to urge the US Congress to approve the measure. The bill, which was seen as an uncontroversial measure because of its broad bipartisan support, passed by voice vote because a recorded vote was not requested."

Are you happy now, Trump supporters?
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 14, 2019
"President Trump isn’t the first American leader to turn his back on foreign friends who were counting on U.S. assistance: President Dwight D. Eisenhower did it in Hungary in 1956; President John F. Kennedy in Cuba in 1961; and President Gerald Ford in South Vietnam in 1975. But no previous chief executive has ever sold out the United States’ allies as nonchalantly and unnecessarily as Trump has done with the Syrian Kurds.

At least with Eisenhower, Kennedy and Ford, there was a good reason they failed to come to the aid of freedom fighters: Doing so would have embroiled the United States in costly conflicts. Trump and his apologists would like to pretend that’s also the case today — that Trump pulled U.S. troops out of northern Syria to avoid a war with Turkey. But there is scant chance that Turkish troops would have invaded northern Syria if U.S. troops were standing in the way. That is why President Recep Tayyip Erdogan asked Trump to move the U.S. forces — and Trump, for reasons that remain mysterious, obliged. (Trump himself admitted in 2015 that “I have a little conflict of interest” because of two Trump Towers in Istanbul.)"

A British family on vacation accidentally drove into the U.S. They’ve spent days detained with their 3-month-old baby.
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 15, 2019 at 5:58 a.m. CDT
"The Connors family didn’t plan to be on the unmarked road."

Target Cuts Workers’ Hours after Vowing to Raise Minimum Wage to $15 By 2020
yahoo.com/October 14, 2019
"Workers at Target stores are struggling to pay their bills after the company cut the total amount of employee working hours in preparation for raising its minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2020, according to a report from CNN."

Under Growing Scrutiny For Misdeeds, The Trump Administration Embraces Christian Nationalism
au.org/Oct 15, 2019 (American's United For Separation of Church and State)
"High-ranking members of the Trump administration, as well as the president himself, have gone on a tear lately about how “Christian” this administration is and how they’re defending faith. This is probably not a coincidence, given the current events around the impeachment investigation."

Angry high school students chase off members of the Westboro Baptist Church
lgbtqnation.com/October 6, 2015
"Members of the hate group were in for a surprise when they visited a Missouri high school to protest the election of a trans girl as homecoming queen."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

quote:

Documents obtained by ProPublica show stark differences in how Donald Trump’s businesses reported some expenses, profits and occupancy figures for two Manhattan buildings, giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities. The discrepancies made the buildings appear more profitable to the lender — and less profitable to the officials who set the buildings’ property tax.

For instance, Trump told the lender that he took in twice as much rent from one building as he reported to tax authorities during the same year, 2017. He also gave conflicting occupancy figures for one of his signature skyscrapers, located at 40 Wall Street.

Lenders like to see a rising occupancy level as a sign of what they call “leasing momentum.” Sure enough, the company told a lender that 40 Wall Street had been 58.9% leased on Dec. 31, 2012, and then rose to 95% a few years later. The company told tax officials the building was 81% rented as of Jan. 5, 2013.

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

It’s hard to guess what might explain every inconsistency, said David Wilkes, a New York City tax lawyer who is chair of the National Association of Property Tax Attorneys. But, he added, “My gut reaction is it seems like there’s something amiss there.”

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop
Mistakes are beautiful folks, and very human, these are absolutely perfect errors, some of the most inconsistent numbers we've ever seen. Ya love to see it

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
It's like how my ex says when he records DJ sets he's mixed on vinyl, he leaves some little mistakes in so you can tell it was a person mixing and not just a bunch of tracks thrown into Ableton.

Except that's not, y'know...loving accounting. There's no happy little clouds in loving accounting.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Important thing to note, in NYC your commercial property tax is straight up a percentage of your rent-roll minus operating costs etc. Homeboy was probably claiming that those "empty" units were being renovated to even further short change the city.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Marine Iraq War veteran to be deported Tuesday to El Salvador
marinecorpstimes.com/1 day ago
"An Iraq War Marine veteran will be deported to El Salvador Tuesday ― a country he has not seen since he was 3 years old, his stepsister said."

For the first time, workers are paying a higher tax rate than investors and owners
washingtonpost.com/Oct. 16, 2019
"The proximate cause of the shift was Trump’s 2017 tax cut, which dramatically slashed taxes on corporate profits and estates"

The US Naval Academy Will Host Satanic Services, According to The Satanic Temple
patheos.com/October 13, 2019
"It would also be very amusing to see the USNA try to cohere a policy of selective exclusion against religious organizations that are involved with lobbying or religious liberty litigation. Most, if not all, major religious organizations would be barred from performing services. We have sent a letter to the USNA requesting that they correct the erroneous decision reported by their spokesperson. Below is our press release:"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Otteration posted:

The US Naval Academy Will Host Satanic Services, According to The Satanic Temple
patheos.com/October 13, 2019
"It would also be very amusing to see the USNA try to cohere a policy of selective exclusion against religious organizations that are involved with lobbying or religious liberty litigation. Most, if not all, major religious organizations would be barred from performing services. We have sent a letter to the USNA requesting that they correct the erroneous decision reported by their spokesperson. Below is our press release:"

My band played a benefit concert to get coats and blankets for the homeless, and the local Satanic Temple showed up with a huge pile of stuff for us to donate.

Tho after reading this, eeennnh? That's from a year ago, and the concert I played was in 2017, so I can't really speak for what's happened in between.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2018/08/16/22146155/satanic-portland-splits-with-satanic-temple-over-alt-right-affiliation

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Weirdly, the Satanic Temple operates basically the same as the Westborough Baptist Church. They're legal trolls that like pushing the boundaries of what can be done under the guise of a Church.

The major difference being that the Satanic Church aren't evil hateful bastards.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
isn't their entire thing essentially "we exist to eternally remind you that when you make or change laws to promote religion that it applies to every religion including one that is diametrically opposed to yours, so maybe be careful what you wish for"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

isn't their entire thing essentially "we exist to eternally remind you that when you make or change laws to promote religion that it applies to every religion including one that is diametrically opposed to yours, so maybe be careful what you wish for"

Hail Satan!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It's also an organized clapback on conservatives working overtime to make Prosperity Gospel Christianity the official state religion.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Relentless posted:

Weirdly, the Satanic Temple operates basically the same as the Westborough Baptist Church. They're legal trolls that like pushing the boundaries of what can be done under the guise of a Church.

The major difference being that the Satanic Church aren't evil hateful bastards.

Depends on the Satanic group you're talking about. There's one that's sort of what you're talking about but mostly they show up to challenge stupid laws meant to promote a specific religion. These are the ones that put up Baphomet statues beside Ten Commandment statues or nativity scenes. I mean, if you allow one religion to put up their symbols in the public area then you have to let all of them put them up including literally worshiping Satan. If you put up a Jesus they can put up a Satan. It's only fair, right? The other one is the worst parts of Ayn Rand's philosophy with the serial numbers filed off. It's easy to forget that they're two entirely separate groups that really don't like each other.

The one that gets up to legal shenanigans is more of a quasi-religious group that mostly exists to whack theocracy whenever it stats cropping up again.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-syria-us-nuclear-weapons-bombs-trump-war-isis-kurds-a9158416.html

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ at air base amid Syria invasion

White House officials scrambling to retrieve weapons of mass destruction, reports say

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

EdithUpwards posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-syria-us-nuclear-weapons-bombs-trump-war-isis-kurds-a9158416.html

Turkey ‘effectively holding 50 US nuclear bombs hostage’ at air base amid Syria invasion

White House officials scrambling to retrieve weapons of mass destruction, reports say

Another day, another impeachable offensive.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Add it to the list.

President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Well, that sucks.

https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status/1184782126522212354?s=21