Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

InsertPotPun posted:

God drat the Kurds were helping ISIS this whole time?? I never heard anything about this. gently caress this bullshit echo chamber forum.

What the gently caress are you doing

edit: Reposting this for the new page:

Remember that "IED exploded on a playground" story that got posted here yesterday?

It wasn't an IED, and it didn't explode. It was a water bottle with some nuts and bolts in it that a homeless man collected.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/15/us/b...trnd/index.html

Can we perhaps stop posting sensationalist "breaking news" before it's verified? A few days ago we had a "mass shooting" posted here and in short order it was found that there was no shooting, not even a gun. When there is a shooting, people always post the bullshit about "multiple shooters" that always turns out to be false.

Please think before you post stuff, you don't win anything for being first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vintersorg posted:

HOLY poo poo. I did a massive eyebrow raise reading "Turkey naturally wants to ethnically cleanse..."

HOLY poo poo.

Can't wait till he turns this on his own population.

"Well, its natural for the KKK to want to kill blacks"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vintersorg posted:

HOLY poo poo. I did a massive eyebrow raise reading "Turkey naturally wants to ethnically cleanse..."

HOLY poo poo.

yeah that's a bit on the nose even for these assholes

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Vintersorg posted:

HOLY poo poo.

Source?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

beejay posted:

Remember that "IED exploded on a playground" story that got posted here yesterday?

It wasn't an IED, and it didn't explode. It was a water bottle with some nuts and bolts in it that a homeless man collected.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/15/us/bomb-exploded-montana-elementary-school-trnd/index.html

Can we perhaps stop posting sensationalist "breaking news" before it's verified? A few days ago we had a "mass shooting" posted here and in short order it was found that there was no shooting, not even a gun. When there is a shooting, people always post the bullshit about "multiple shooters" that always turns out to be false.

From an article linked in that article https://www.ktvh.com/news/sierra-road-blocked-off-after-suspicious-package-found-near-rossiter-elementary

quote:

But at an afternoon news conference, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton confirmed it did not appear to be an explosive.

Dutton said he understood the concern people have had over the changing reports, but that his office was releasing the information from their investigators as they got it.

“Our purpose was to let people know, one, there was no one injured,” he said. “Then we were told it did explode – still there was no one injured, the kids were safe. That’s what I needed to get out to the public; that’s why I reported the information we had.”

So, people were just reporting what the cops told them. In conclusion, never trust cops.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Trump making a dumbassed claim about making new nuclear weapons means he's either making poo poo up again, or someone accidentally told him a state secret and forgot that he leaks like sieve. At this point I'm going to go with the former but the latter isn't out of play. He may have even told Putin before he told anyone else.

If he means manufacturing more of them, it's not a state secret. I briefly spoke to a recruiter a year or so ago about a job that turned out to be manufacturing parts for new bombs (I thought it was for nuclear power plants). If he means whole new weapon designs, then that would be different.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm torn between wanting Trump to keep over dead from his inevitable heart attack as soon as physically possible and wanting him to be hale and healthy so he can stand trial and die in prison

At this rate, by the time trump is on trial he‘ll be legitimately senile enough that he won’t understand where he is or what he’s doing there. He’ll poo poo his pants (on purpose, of course) and incoherently mumble about his big golf courses enough that it may as well be a Cadaver Synod.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Remember the outrage over Obama's Beer Summit? lol

I'd consider this a more deliberately heartless version of the public victory lap around Bergdahl's rescue, actually.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1184518782745825282?s=20

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm torn between wanting Trump to keep over dead from his inevitable heart attack as soon as physically possible and wanting him to be hale and healthy so he can stand trial and die in prison
It'll be a compromise where he's hale and healthy right up until he suddenly dies of a heart attack in bed with a super model.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/GovNedLamont/status/1184504669621501953

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

InsertPotPun posted:

God drat the Kurds were helping ISIS this whole time?? I never heard anything about this. gently caress this bullshit echo chamber forum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is pretty obviously a joke post and whoever decided to probe for it is real dumb

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

beejay posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/15/us/b...trnd/index.html

If the news gets something wrong, then we talk about how it was wrong. It's going to happen occasionally and there's no amount of "wait for x days/week/alternative news sources" or "think about your posts", that's going to stop the occasional misleading or incorrect news story (especially breaking news). I'm not seeing how that's enough of a problem that it should preclude talking about breaking news at all.

beejay posted:

What the gently caress are you doing

That's sarcasm.

E: Oh jeez, I guess that's why you don't post sarcasm on the interwebs.

JW Weatherman's dog tax:

Stickman fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 16, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twice burned ice posted:

This is pretty obviously a joke post and whoever decided to probe for it is real dumb

it's the kind of joke post that is both not very funny and has the potential to mislead uninformed observers about the nature of the issue at hand, and considering our hell country is currently facilitating genocide against the Kurds, I am unamused.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/team_mckayla/status/1184497595575668737

We can do this goons! Primary the Motherfucker!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

twice burned ice posted:

Jesus Christ what a stupid probation

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

It's a stupid loving post, is what it is. There's no situation in which that post was funny, or useful.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The opposite IIRC

from each according to their pulpy hack writing ability, to each according ti their pulpy hack reading need

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Random Stranger posted:

If he means manufacturing more of them, it's not a state secret. I briefly spoke to a recruiter a year or so ago about a job that turned out to be manufacturing parts for new bombs (I thought it was for nuclear power plants). If he means whole new weapon designs, then that would be different.

That's what I took it as. Maybe he remembers the headlines KJU or Putin made about new missiles here and there and didn't want to be the only kid on the playground without new toys.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

beejay posted:

It's a stupid loving post, is what it is. There's no situation in which that post was funny, or useful.

Not funny or useful is true of like 90% of the posts in the thread though

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

cochise posted:

Sundown before lunch. Not bad.

Jet lagged sundown.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lightning Knight posted:

it's the kind of joke post that is both not very funny and has the potential to mislead uninformed observers about the nature of the issue at hand, and considering our hell country is currently facilitating genocide against the Kurds, I am unamused.

yeah im sure someone was midway through writing up their mla citation before you bravely let them know a sarcastic joke posted on a comedy forum contained factual inaccuracies

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/tech/twitter-trump-rules/index.html

lol this will be fun.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah im sure someone was midway through writing up their mla citation before you bravely let them know a sarcastic joke posted on a comedy forum contained factual inaccuracies

Maybe stop whining about moderation.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

It's natural for mods to want to probate bad posts.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

mormonpartyboat posted:

It's ok, almost all of your posts are bad and I still love you.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1184531910472687618

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I assume that's because they knew an intelligence probe would be useless :downsrim:

E: Super psyched for Mr. Mayor to go down in flames.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Words literally have no meaning to this man.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sounds like his arrest will happen sooner or later.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

cool that Trump can saber rattle but everyone else can't tell the terfs to gently caress off.

What a chicken poo poo company. Granted, as much as there's a silver lining in Trump incriminating himself and making a fool of himself on Twitter, I am sort of desperate for him to have a meltdown over being banned.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Lamont's a good dude. I worked for his campaign back during his Senate run and I always liked him. He's not nearly far enough to the left for where we are nowadays, but as far as business wing Democrats go you can do a lot worse.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sounds like his arrest will happen sooner or later.

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1184531777655848960

it seems like this angle is more "are the people paying rudy working for a foreign government"

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Lightning Knight posted:

If it weren't for poo poo posting there would be no posting at all.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I'm sorry, using Russia as a proxy to wage war with a NATO member? Really?!? This is so stupid on so many levels. If this was in a piece of fiction, it would get dismissed as one of the stupidest plotline ever written.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lightning Knight posted:

Also, InsertPotPun is a super strange poster and I can't figure out what they're talking about half the time, and I'm not convinced it was a joke. Their posting is buckwild

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Not that Trump wouldn't say it or at least think it, but the quotation marks are doing a lot of work here.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

twice burned ice posted:

Y ou left out the best part

probation reason posted:

I, too, cannot be bothered to read anything before posting hysterics. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

theflyingorc posted:

Also, InsertPotPun is a super strange poster and I can't figure out what they're talking about half the time, and I'm not convinced it was a joke. Their posting is buckwild

They shitpost a lot. That's it.

Did we know about this?

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1184532468478697474?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1184531777655848960

it seems like this angle is more "are the people paying rudy working for a foreign government"

You're not wrong but I think it's also foriegn governments trying to influence him to influence Trump.