Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The moddability of this game and its current development pace makes me feel pretty confident this game is going to have some insane shelf life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The constant risk reward calculations, insanely brutal approach to death and hilarious randomness make it feel the most roguelike of the roguelikes to me

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

been playing around with the mod that gives you a choice of one of three random perks (exactly like the holy mountain) at the start of the game, and it's Good

like, just a little more variety makes the beginning a lot less repetitive

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sebmojo posted:

The constant risk reward calculations, insanely brutal approach to death and hilarious randomness make it feel the most roguelike of the roguelikes to me

Yeah I get some real-time IVAN vibes from the gameplay. Also the structure of descending through the world with various side areas (that presumably will eventually get fleshed out more with challenges and rewards) and the ability to return to old floors makes the journey feel much more similar to "classic" roguelikes than other action RLs do

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I found a fun glitch in the starting area

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

good news

it's not a glitch

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The skull eye thing creeped me the gently caress out when it first happened

Also best way I'd describe this game is 'Arcade Roguelike' and it's super fun

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Currently working on adding a Urine Mage enemy type to the game, complete with spells such as Summon Greater Excrement, Piss Elemental and Urine Stream Beam.

Also adding an alchemy recipe to create Pea Soup, Urine + Meat + Water wil create a healing concoction that also causes you to fart flammable gas constantly.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

drat people are coming up with some pretty cool spells in mods already like this projectile modifierthat makes spells follow your mouse cursor

Holy poo poo that's brilliant.

I really hope this gets workshop support on release so we can just click a bunch of crazy poo poo and play a really weird version of the game

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I'd be all over modding for this game if I didn't have a really big workload right now :argh:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a maximum number of mods you can have on at once? I take it there is since you have to prioritize then?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Johnny Truant posted:

Is there a maximum number of mods you can have on at once? I take it there is since you have to prioritize then?

I think it's like Dicey Dungeons where there are seperate mods which entire purpose is to parse and try to solve conflicts (like two mods trying to touch the same things).

There is such a mod called Ommel for Noita (which I haven't figure out yet) that looks at the mods offline and then runs the game for you after resolving problems as best it can. You need to do this because most of the mods out there only do their stuff at runtime meaning you don't know what's going to going to crash until the game is already underway.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

just had probably my second most promising run end in disaster because of a combination of random poo poo outside of my control angering the gods and having to dump my chainsaw wand in order to pick up a wand with some actual attack stuff on it.
At this point i just want to be able to edit wands everywhere and never have the gods angered and i'd probably consider the game perfect.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

NecroMonster posted:

At this point i just want to be able to edit wands everywhere and never have the gods angered and i'd probably consider the game perfect.
There's a perk for that!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FFT posted:

There's a perk for that!

And a mod to start with the perk. I'm never a big guy for playing modded for some reason but the sandbox is so much fun that it feels great to introduce new elements

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
This game rules so much

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
The freeze mod on something like concentrated light lets you kick the stupid temple defender to death super trivially and it rules, gently caress that guy I didn't eat the temple you dick!!

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I've played quite a few games and I've never angered the gods or even seen a worm that wasn't a polymorph or hatched from an egg. Am I doing something wrong? :ohdear:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

packetmantis posted:

I've played quite a few games and I've never angered the gods or even seen a worm that wasn't a polymorph or hatched from an egg. Am I doing something wrong? :ohdear:

Nah, it's just random and sometimes it ruins what could otherwise be a pretty good run.

I'm of the opinion that if you're really having a good run you're probably going to encounter them eventually anyway, so embrace chaos.

https://i.imgur.com/YW0dX35.gifv

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
If wouldn't be so bad if angering them meant that you could steal from shops, spelunky style.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

packetmantis posted:

yeah youre not taking the worm attraction perk

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

yeah youre not taking the worm attraction perk

if i wanted to be attracted to worms i would just rub myself all over ur posts

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

gonadic io posted:

If wouldn't be so bad if angering them meant that you could steal from shops, spelunky style.

it does: if you manage to get a spell or wand outside the holy temple it stops costing money and you can just pick it up. If you've got a black hole wand and god's already pissed off you might as well just drill out the bottom of the shop and collect your free poo poo. I think the tentacle wand lets you push them around, too.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Trick greed and rock spirits is pretty drat disgusting.

Got my best run so far going on with that combo, a concentrated light wand for ranged burst, a chainsaw wand and vampirism. Taking it slow in hiisi base partly to not mess up and partly because doing Predator ambushes on hiidet is awesome.

e: aaaaand I gibbed myself by chainsawing into a half-buried gas canister :argh:

bloom fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 16, 2019

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I thought the homing perk wasn't that great until I got some death crosses.

Also in this run a chaotic polypotion exploding in the ice zone happened to create the recipe for Alchemic Precursor, so I'm fabulously wealthy and can dig down through everything. This might be the run, assuming I don't foolishly explode myself.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Darox posted:

This might be the run, assuming I don't foolishly explode myself.
Narrator: He did.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

And a mod to start with the perk. I'm never a big guy for playing modded for some reason but the sandbox is so much fun that it feels great to introduce new elements

Do you have a link for this? Would be great to always edit wands anywhere

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Is the worm crystal bugged to attract worms rather than repel them? I am reliably getting ~*YoU hAvE aNgErEd ThE gOdS*~ every single run now and it's making the game borderline unplayable

It's a real shame that I can't get beta access through itch.io, I'd love to play the game modded with stuff like always edit wands. I've come to an odd point with this game where I go back and forth between having an absolute blast and being really frustrated.
I do really appreciate how much the devs have been listening to feedback.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I believe you can figure out how I managed to get down there and die.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I believe you can figure out how I managed to get down there and die.

That chaotic polymorph potion turned you into a worm, giving you momentum to plunge into that pool of delicious lava

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Grei Skuring posted:

That chaotic polymorph potion turned you into a worm, giving you momentum to plunge into that pool of delicious lava

Aaaalmost, because I don't mess with the potions in flasks.

I had negotiated my way past and below a huge reservoir of that filth, and when I thought I was in the clear, I hear explosions from infighting above, and suddenly, the sky was a thick descending blanket of pink that turned me into the biggest worm I've ever seen (brown and with angry pulsating contours of red) and plowing downwards with reckless abandon until I ended up where I died.

My reaction throughout the ordeal was essentially: "Oh...oh no. Oh god no. Oh, oh, oh, OH YEEAAH, HELL YEAAAAH OH GOD OH GOD OH SHITSHITSHITSHIT welp"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't mess with the potions in flasks.

:allears:

Chaotic polymorph being sprayed randomly in what I always think are my death throes has saved me countless times.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

:allears:

Chaotic polymorph being sprayed randomly in what I always think are my death throes has saved me countless times.

Well, gently caress me, I've never thought about it as a defensive weapon.

By the way, are there online mod databases for Noita by now?

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=browse_cat&cid=752 Seems to be where most/all of the mods posted on the discord are showing up now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Everything is defensive when you have 1hp :science:

Ardryn posted:

https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=browse_cat&cid=752 Seems to be where most/all of the mods posted on the discord are showing up now.

Thanks! I wanted to scope out a few more tonight. Really enjoying the "Start with a random perk" mod. Gotta figure out what the "Edit wands everywhere" hasn't been working for my runs, as well..

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

:fap:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Brasseye posted:

Do you have a link for this? Would be great to always edit wands anywhere

Terry van Feleday posted:

It's a real shame that I can't get beta access through itch.io, I'd love to play the game modded with stuff like always edit wands.

Johnny Truant posted:

Thanks! I wanted to scope out a few more tonight. Really enjoying the "Start with a random perk" mod. Gotta figure out what the "Edit wands everywhere" hasn't been working for my runs, as well..

I was also really wanting this mod, and couldn't find one already made, so I took an existing mod that lets you start with the glass cannon perk and changed it to start with Edit Wands Anywhere instead.

Too lazy to make an account on a mod website, so get it from dropbox here, will stay there until I decide to clean up my dropbox and delete it.

Install instructions are in the readme, make sure you're on the mod beta branch, the mod won't work on a save already in progress, gotta start a new run. All credit goes to the guy I stole most of the code from.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
DO NOT USE THE SPELL PERSONAL FIREBALL THROWER

https://i.imgur.com/X51S7BN.mp4

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

DO NOT USE THE SPELL PERSONAL FIREBALL THROWER

https://i.imgur.com/X51S7BN.mp4

Counterpoint: do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ardryn posted:

How do I actually install these?