Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SHOAH NUFF posted:

https://twitter.com/spikefriedman/status/1184219212954234880?s=21

Ramsey gonna make this man weep at his locker by week 12

The recently divorced dad energy here is astounding...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Extreme missing the game to go to a piano recital energy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Goes to the Chili's for their drink specials and the hopes that the cute 22 year old bartender notices you energy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gotta take Jax and Cason to 5am hockey practice energy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Gotta take Jax and Cason to 5am hockey practice energy.

lmao my son has so many Jaxon/Jackson/Jaxton/Jaxens in his hockey group.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Ross isn't involved like that. He gives opinions but he's very much a "I let the football people make football decisions" owner.

I think it's probably more stupid rear end, "we just like fitz' body language in the huddle"

edit: also I think Fitzmagic in the fourth quarter last week made Flores believe he's still the best option to win games, which is what the coaches are trying to do.

Imo it's actually because the bills defense is too good.

You don't want to shatter what's left of rosens confidence after he was already putrid last week. And even if you only want Rosen to be trade bait you're better off not exposing him against defenses that will eat him alive. Let him develop and or look good against the more manageable teams.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Oh dear, he's going to go maximum Fitzmagic, isn't he? Like, 29/44 338 yrds 4 TDs 3 INTs

Fitzmagic isn't effective on the Steelers. They ended his spell the last couple of times he got it rolling

e; oh, it's the bye week. He plays someone else 1st

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This feels like a 4 fumble kind of performance for Fitz

Yudo
May 15, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Can you even trade a player on IR?

As of 2018, apparently, they changed that rule so yes.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Maybe Rosen is just bad and they wasted a 2nd rounder. I guess that’s possible.

Career stats

54.8%
5.7 YPA
149.7 YPG
12 TD/19 INT
63.5 rating

And if he retired after last year, his numbers would have been better. Truly revolting start to a career!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pro as gently caress read

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1184512066058674182?s=21

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
holy poo poo more of this please

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1184499678882271238

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We just discovered in the AFC East thread that if you are sick of penalties and want the refs to cut that poo poo out, you need to be watching... the Dolphins.

They've been called for HALF as many penalties as the Browns or Falcons (28), and have benefitted from the least penalties as well, 33, with the Titans having had 56 benefit them.

Good, fundamental football there folks.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

destroying record books, impacting player safety, loving with schedules, and something nodody wants for 4% increase profits is very on brand for american corporate thinking tbh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

We just discovered in the AFC East thread that if you are sick of penalties and want the refs to cut that poo poo out, you need to be watching... the Dolphins.

They've been called for HALF as many penalties as the Browns or Falcons (28), and have benefitted from the least penalties as well, 33, with the Titans having had 56 benefit them.

Good, fundamental football there folks.

Even the refs are like “eh gently caress it”

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

adaz posted:

destroying record books, impacting player safety, loving with schedules, and something nodody wants for 4% increase profits is very on brand for american corporate thinking tbh

They've added games in the past and it has turned out ok

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I like the Marcus Peters signing. Kenny Young wasn't really important and our secondary loving sucks this year, so what if he sucks too.

And let's not pretend "well where the hell will he play since we got Humphrey and Smith" because as much as Jimmy Smith has been owning the last couple of years, dude's made of loving wet paper.

Also Peters leads the NFL on interceptions and returned interception yards by a pretty big margin since he started playing in the league. I know he also misses lots of plays and gets burnt terribly because of that ball hawk attitude but I dunno, I think I just like watching the guy ever since the Chiefs drafted him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

They've added games in the past and it has turned out ok

17 is just a wrong number.

The NFL needs to sell the product better. They have how many games going on at 1PM that most people don't get a chance to watch? Why not moves those to a different time slot - or heaven forbid - add another bye week and spread them out even more. I mean there are literally a zillion better ways to get more product visible and add value than just adding another game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1184522406469292032?s=20

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The NFL needs to sell the product better. They have how many games going on at 1PM that most people don't get a chance to watch? Why not moves those to a different time slot - or heaven forbid - add another bye week and spread them out even more. I mean there are literally a zillion better ways to get more product visible and add value than just adding another game.

I gotta agree with this, even though the game has been sucking for some years I find it kinda annoying that you have to choose so much what few games you will watch in a sport whose season has only 17 weeks.

Unless you watch RedZone all the time, which is something I suspect lots of people here do, but I personally don't have this option.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Another reason college football is superior. One game sucks I can switch to the next.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Another reason college football is superior. One game sucks I can switch to the next.

It won't happen because the networks would never get together on it, but a college football red zone would be absolutely amazing.

ESPN has goalline I guess but that only get the games ESPN has the rights to.

Like, I want a channel that will automatically take me away from some Big 10 game and show me New Mexico/New Mexico State when something funny is about to happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Make an 10 AM time slot to go alongside 1 pm, 4 pm, and 7 pm.

Add an extra bye week.

Boom!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Or just distribute the games better. 10 10am games and 2 1pm games is stupid.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Or just distribute the games better. 10 10am games and 2 1pm games is stupid.

It's this.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SKULL.GIF posted:

Add an extra bye week.

Boom!

I do not want a 6am pst game tyvm

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
You know one of those afternoon games is Cowboys vs random NFC team with Joe Buck and Troy Aikman calling it and zzzzzzzzzzz

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kendall Fuller is out tomorrow and Bashaud Breeland is likely to be out with some personal matter I guess? He's not injured but might not be playing.

The Chiefs might play with 3 dressed corners. Luckily that position is really deep and there's no reason to...ah gently caress it, Elite Joe Flacco back in business.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
You have one SNF game, MNF, and TNF. That leaves 13 possible. Then the London AM game. So why are the remaining 12 not split between 1 and 4pm slots?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

GD_American posted:

You have one SNF game, MNF, and TNF. That leaves 13 possible. Then the London AM game. So why are the remaining 12 not split between 1 and 4pm slots?

Because the NFL is dumb and thinks the 4pm time slot is a prime time slot.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

Because the NFL is dumb and thinks the 4pm time slot is a prime time slot.

They should let networks get more aggressive about flexing then. We should have at least 4 afternoon games, if they want the slot to carry some prestige let networks pick the games

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1184539402527264768?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thankfully the actual article is from 1996. I was thinking someone might have drafted Jordan McNair from Maryland or something.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hifi posted:

cardinals sniffing at 3-3-1 is cool

The Cardinals own now. And I would also like to laugh at whoever mocked me for originally suggesting that the Cardinals should drop Rosen and take Murray. That was a long time ago but I DON'T forget

Playing against the Falcons is a nearly foolproof way to win offensive player of the week. Watch Goff get it next week after making GBS threads the bed against the niners

Mystic Stylez posted:

I gotta agree with this, even though the game has been sucking for some years I find it kinda annoying that you have to choose so much what few games you will watch in a sport whose season has only 17 weeks.

Unless you watch RedZone all the time, which is something I suspect lots of people here do, but I personally don't have this option.

I watch the games I missed on Gamepass throughout the week, kind of making my own sane scheduling out of something that makes no sense. Every week I skip certain games, like this week I won't be watching Washington/Dolphins, Broncos/Titans and Saints Jaguars because I don't hate myself that much yet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Add an extra bye week.

Boom!

east coast bias

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GD_American posted:

For pedantry's sake, note that from week 4 through week 12 it will be less than 12 due to bye weeks (low of 9 games, more usually 10 during this period).

But seriously, it should be more college style (times Eastern):

10am
1pm
4pm
7pm
10pm

So each coast gets one game they won't bother watching and anyone who wants to can watch football literally all day.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ulmont posted:

But seriously, it should be more college style (times Eastern):

10am
1pm
4pm
7pm
10pm

No thank you

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Have one stadium, then play one game after another in the stadium, never a break in the action. After all the teams play once, they all immediately play again. Repeat forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On Sundays just kick off two games every hour one on each CBS / FOX and just let them aggressively cut between them as the situation warrants when your home team isn't playing.