Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I finally listened to the sissykiss episode.

That was nauseating.

It's the only fplus episode that's made me retch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's my favorite psychotic fetish by a wide margin.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arrhythmia posted:

It's the only fplus episode that's made me retch

I have a really strong stomach and the bit about the sippy cup of spit and piss really got me.

I’ve been an EMT for five years, I’ve seen some poo poo, I’ve had some gross bodily substance combinations launched into my eyes, but that was just a bridge too far.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Montrith is going through Some Real poo poo and is focusing on her health at the moment.

Oh no :-(
Is there any way we can help? Show our appreciation and support somehow?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ambious posted:

Oh no :-(
Is there any way we can help? Show our appreciation and support somehow?

I’d chip in for a “help out montrith” fund. The F Plus got me through a helluva week last month and her docs were a big part of that, and I’d love to pay it back.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Nothing has been mentioned about it on ballp.it or anything adjacent so I think she wants to keep it on a personal level.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Wow, 'Santa's Little Helpers' gets really hosed up

also I think Abraham Applecheeks might be my favorite PC in anything ever?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
F Plus Live tickets are up for sale, I bought mine. Anyone else going?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Just bought tickets for myself and my fiance, who is not a listener but I guess is going to have a baptism of fire.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Just bought tickets for myself and my fiance, who is not a listener but I guess is going to have a baptism of fire.

I thought about buying a ticket for a plus one but was like like “nope, that realationship will not survive that”

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I just got caught up and I love all the drug forum episodes. I just couldn't do the heart fetish one though - I fast forward through the Tumblr kink episode when it gets to the heart eating part. Sissykiss and mpreg? Gross but eh. Heart stuff? Big old no.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Maybe next year they can do an east coast F Plus Live?? Boston deserves terrible things!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I just got caught up and I love all the drug forum episodes. I just couldn't do the heart fetish one though - I fast forward through the Tumblr kink episode when it gets to the heart eating part. Sissykiss and mpreg? Gross but eh. Heart stuff? Big old no.

I had to stop listening to the heart fetish one super early in, too much for me lol

Literally the only I've heard that made me stop, even Lou's gold star segments aren't that bad

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

A Moose posted:

Maybe next year they can do an east coast F Plus Live?? Boston deserves terrible things!

They should just play the Bell House in Gowanus like every other podcast

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had to stop listening to the heart fetish one super early in, too much for me lol

Literally the only I've heard that made me stop, even Lou's gold star segments aren't that bad

I think the only other ones I'll skip, from Lou or Fplus, are the hardcore racist or MRA ones.

One of these days I'll spend some time to create a doc on insane restaurant reviews. A friend reminded me about springs1, infamous ranch enthusiast who hates all waiters, and it got me thinking about it.

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I think the only other ones I'll skip, from Lou or Fplus, are the hardcore racist or MRA ones.

One of these days I'll spend some time to create a doc on insane restaurant reviews. A friend reminded me about springs1, infamous ranch enthusiast who hates all waiters, and it got me thinking about it.

I’m looking for possible live show material and this sounds promising! Can you share a link with me

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh man. If you just google springs1 specifically a bunch of poo poo pops up but this Reddit post is a good compliation specifically for her.

There's alsothis compliation of her livejournal drama.

There used to be a springs1 text generator but I'm stuck on my phone for while and my googling is inadequate for finding it.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Husband and I just got tickets for our anniversary. We're fuckin' ecstatic.

Do they announce the readers beforehand, usually, or is it up to chance? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy no matter who's up there, but getting shitfaced listening to Kumquatzop read WikiHow articles sounds like a fantastic way to kick off the new year.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Husband and I just got tickets for our anniversary. We're fuckin' ecstatic.

Do they announce the readers beforehand, usually, or is it up to chance? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy no matter who's up there, but getting shitfaced listening to Kumquatzop read WikiHow articles sounds like a fantastic way to kick off the new year.

witnessing kumquat's suits is worth the price of admission

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

A Moose posted:

Nah they should continue doing FPlus live in whatever city I've ended up living in and like hell I'm moving to Boston

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh man. If you just google springs1 specifically a bunch of poo poo pops up but this Reddit post is a good compliation specifically for her.

There's alsothis compliation of her livejournal drama.

There used to be a springs1 text generator but I'm stuck on my phone for while and my googling is inadequate for finding it.

I am shocked at how deep this goes. I only needed about 1300 words and boy did this deliver!

I showed Lemon the link I am grabbing material from and he was hoping a full document was on its way. So, there's definitely interest in a springs1 doc.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

one day I'll plumb the depths of and make a doc for the elevator youtuber wiki, a wiki not about elevators, but about people on YouTube who make videos about elevators

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Crocoswine posted:

one day I'll plumb the depths of and make a doc for the elevator youtuber wiki, a wiki not about elevators, but about people on YouTube who make videos about elevators

my first impression is that this place is a pure and honest place, mostly because the elevator people are the same as the train people or public transit people, and they're all the most harmless nerds left online.

I learned more than I ever knew there was to learn about my public transit system thanks to some dorks editing wikipedia.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Crocoswine posted:

As a fandom, it has its ups and downs.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

bony tony posted:

As a fandom, it has its ups and downs.

:vince:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

there's a dark side to the elevator fandom and I WILL find it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
there are some really good elevator hacking lectures

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tower of Tedium

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Crocoswine posted:

please don't i want to believe ye olde internet weirdo solidarity and kindness still exists

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Even if they're harmless, Elevator Fandom Guys sound like they could be Flashlight Guys Mk.II, and that sounds like a good time

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1184393349974970369?s=19

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Crocoswine posted:

You know there’s some people out there really into CCTV video of elevator accidents.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Bozarth posted:

I am shocked at how deep this goes. I only needed about 1300 words and boy did this deliver!

I showed Lemon the link I am grabbing material from and he was hoping a full document was on its way. So, there's definitely interest in a springs1 doc.

Oh cool, I genuinely didn't expect my memory for niche internet drama to get a good hit! Springs1 has been ranting about ranch for at least a decade and, honestly, I definitely expected her to die down once Livejournal did so all the Reddit stuff is gold.

I guess now I have a weekend project!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I tried working on an elevator doc and it’s mostly just autistic boring people. You probably can’t get much from that vein.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea elevator poo poo tends to just be exactly what it looks like, strange but also likely autistic people who just have a hyperfixation on elevators and like to ride them and talk about them. No real deeper layer or funny elements to it beyond the initial 'oh so this guy just goes to places to ride the elevator and his signature is having a little toy train, that's weird'.

I do deeply want to find a crossover of elevator fans and roller coaster fans, though, just people obsessed with poo poo like The Tower of Terror who are the crazy daredevils of the elevator community

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I remember once reading that there'd be people who'll review literally anything, so I went to youtube and searched for "elevator reviews" expecting nothing.

And then I cool guided tours through fancy hotels in like travelogues and stuff, so it was pretty rad and I guess the joke was on me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the dark secret of elevator weirdos is that they're actually pretty cool and most of their vids are blends of building exploration and travel talk as well as elevator stuff and woops you just spent an evening watching dieseldoosey talk about breaking into an old hotel to see their elevator.

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!

Sitting Here posted:

witnessing kumquat's suits is worth the price of admission

Honestly, dude's my hero

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1186124838164938753

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

hell yeah, recipe episodes are great

hopefully they get edited in this decade