Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

a neat cape posted:

Or just distribute the games better. 10 10am games and 2 1pm games is stupid.

Yep, it’s this.

Personally, it would also help if the Titans weren’t on every other 10 AM game too but that problem might have been solved. Ideally, it would be nice if out of market broadcasts could switch away early if the game was awful or turn into a redzone-style broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

On Sundays just kick off two games every hour one on each CBS / FOX and just let them aggressively cut between them as the situation warrants when your home team isn't playing.

Then how would they force us to watch the Dallas Cowboys eat rear end

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cowboys games should always their own dedicated time slot.

4AM EST / 1AM PST.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Then how would they force us to watch the Dallas Cowboys eat rear end

What if the Cowboys were everyone's local team?

-----------------------

Anyway, this dude is p. good at his job:

https://twitter.com/Bryndon/status/1184502767617839104

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ill be honest I thought they meant the usual 17 week season, but extended for an additional bye week maybe for Thursday games.

I dont know why regarding the NFL I assumed a good rational outcome.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

King Hong Kong posted:

Yep, it’s this.

Personally, it would also help if the Titans weren’t on every other 10 AM game too but that problem might have been solved. Ideally, it would be nice if out of market broadcasts could switch away early if the game was awful or turn into a redzone-style broadcast.

One thing that would help is making every KC home game a 4pm EST start like the rest of the division (except primetime of course), and making games containing an afc/nfc west teams a 4pm EST start instead of 1pm EST.

If they can make a Jags at Titans game a 4pm start, then can make chargers at dolphins a 4pm start.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Or just distribute the games better. 10 10am games and 2 1pm games is stupid.

I have a hunch this happens because jerry jones wants cowboys games to have as little competition as possible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I have a hunch this happens because jerry jones wants cowboys games to have as little competition as possible.

I prefer the Patriots' approach to that.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Add 2 extra wildcard teams in each conference and seed all the wildcard teams 1-4. Add an extra playoff weekend where the wildcard teams play a special style college overtime shootgame with 5 chances on each side to score from the opponents 35. 1 plays 4, 2 plays 3. Winner moves on to the normal NFL wildcard weekend.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Just give a second bye week with the 16 game schedule as is. Extends the season for the networks and advertisement $$$ while giving player a little more breathing room.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We're gonna get a 17 game schedule where the 17th game is a neutral site international game, an extra bye weweek, a third wild card, and relaxed weed testing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The new international venue will be Shanghai. Can't wait for the NFL to be extra cowards when faced with a horrifyingly repressive government.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

We're gonna get a 17 game schedule where the 17th game is a neutral site international game, an extra bye week, a third wild card, and relaxed weed testing

Yeah, I'm pretty okay with that all in all.

First step towards my master plan of creating an international incident between the NFL and China.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

RIP in piss

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1184562417348599808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gh0h5SpDhs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

One thing that would help is making every KC home game a 4pm EST start like the rest of the division

Three extra hours of tailgating every Sunday

not bad idea

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

it's possible I'd rather have Brock's career than Brady's career

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mystic Stylez posted:

it's possible I'd rather have Brock's career than Brady's career

At least his brain is probably intact.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Three extra hours of tailgating every Sunday

not bad idea

The only people who I can even imagine complaining is some family that lives in Omaha and drives down every week worrying about getting back home. It's the easiest thing to do and no one would care.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Brock's clearly upset he wasn't picked in the XFL draft.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

At least his brain is probably intact.

he also won a Super Bowl, tons of money and played as a starter on a prestigious NFL franchise while being Brock Osweiler, you can't gently caress with that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How much did Brock make all told?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The NFL should do multiball

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

Spotrac says 41 million dollars, not counting endorsements etc.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

MJeff posted:

overthecap has it at $41 million.

efb

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
But here's the real question. Who got more money for less work.

This Brock

Or this Brock?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MJeff posted:

This Brock

Or this Brock?

Lesnar and it ain't even close

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Brock throwing up his hands as Peyton goes back in to play out garbage time is one of my favorite NFL gifs ever. It’s perfect

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Brock throwing up his hands as Peyton goes back in to play out garbage time is one of my favorite NFL gifs ever. It’s perfect

It's amazing. His face is lit up with joy and swag and then his eyes see Manning.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MJeff posted:

This Brock

Or this Brock?

What do you mean by less work cuz Lesnar achieved things I never dreamed possible

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm confused why the owners wouldn't want an additional bye week even with a 16 game schedule. People will watch the heck out of any football so you get an extra week of ratings and ad sales, while making the players happier.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I'm confused why the owners wouldn't want [...] making the players happier.

There y'go.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Basically season ticket holders dislike preseason games and want them to go away. Luxury suite owners dislike international games and want them to go away. The owners like the money from those two things very much.

The only way to make everybody happy is to add a game. Well except the players, they won't be happy

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Simplex posted:

Basically season ticket holders dislike preseason games and want them to go away. Luxury suite owners dislike international games and want them to go away. The owners like the money from those two things very much.

The only way to make everybody happy is to add a game. Well except the players, they won't be happy

I dont really want an extra game, that's an extra 4% chance for my favorite player to get injured and it fucks with the record books from now until infinity. The only people to really want an extra game are the owners for that sweet extra bit of cash.

I like 2 bye weeks and break out so we don't have 10 loving games on @ 1pm. That sounds like a way better option.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Who gives a poo poo about the record books? This isn’t baseball. That’s like the very least thing to worry about a 17th game.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nobody blinked when Baker broke the rookie TD record last year. Nobody cares about record books.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hot Diggity! posted:

Lesnar and it ain't even close

Is this counting only his WWE time or his UFC time as well?

Cause he turned a lot of chicken poo poo into chicken salad

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Who gives a poo poo about the record books? This isn’t baseball. That’s like the very least thing to worry about a 17th game.

Tell me you didn't love Favre having the record for picks or about the ironman record

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

People dont care about every record certainly but te big ones - rushing yards year, passing yards/td in a year, sacks in a year people definitely care about.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

adaz posted:

People dont care about every record certainly but te big ones - rushing yards year, passing yards/td in a year, sacks in a year people definitely care about.

People will deal with it just like when they went from 14 to 16 games. It isnt a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I even care about that when I look back at stats from before I was born! OJ, aside from being a murderer, was transcendent on the field. I mean, the murdering thing is more important in the end though.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nobody blinked when Baker broke the rookie TD record last year. Nobody cares about record books.

I care.

I actually do, which probably explains a lot about me.