Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

It's actually about 1 after wanking.

Must be nice to be a teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Khorne posted:

It's actually about 1 after wanking.

That's good, otherwise I'd never reach full strength heyooo

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Besides the butt stuff what are y’all opinion of the sauna and/or steam room?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bomb posted:

Besides the butt stuff what are y’all opinion of the sauna and/or steam room?

If we are talking post workout I’m of the opinion that you should work on replenishing your body not depleting it more.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what benefits it would give post workout :shrug:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
There was a large Finnish study over decades that concluded that sauna, specifically a Finnish sauna, statistically reduces mortality and improves several health indicators.

The results may not apply to a "steam room" or whatever. I'm Finnish, and saunas here are typically around 80 Celcius, and then you throw water on the hot stones for löyly. It puts a lot of stress on your cardiovascular system.

I try to go 2 times a week, it's tough though since I don't have one in my apartment and work evening shift.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MarcusSA posted:

If we are talking post workout I’m of the opinion that you should work on replenishing your body not depleting it more.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what benefits it would give post workout :shrug:

I usually go a couple times a week after working out just to stretch in the heat & sweat out a little bit, it feels pretty nice. I've seen other people use it pre-workout like some kind of warmup before working out, not sure it really does anything though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I usually go a couple times a week after working out just to stretch in the heat & sweat out a little bit, it feels pretty nice. I've seen other people use it pre-workout like some kind of warmup before working out, not sure it really does anything though.

I mean warming up the muscles pre workout can have some benefits. That’s the whole idea behind bikram (?) yoga and the heated rooms. It’s not the worst idea.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

doverhog posted:

There was a large Finnish study over decades that concluded that sauna, specifically a Finnish sauna, statistically reduces mortality and improves several health indicators.

i see no possible conflicts of interest here

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I take a quick cold shower and hop in the steam room pretty much every day after working out, my assumption is that it gets all the nasty stuff out of my pores and helps prevent illness but in reality I have no idea what the benefits are other than it feels good.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3mdXsagzjX/

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

First time I've seen anything look even remotely heavy for him

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

There was a poll on t-nation today and c+p was ranked best lift if you could only do one lift.

I disagree, it’s farmer carry.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

clean and press is not one lift it's two lifts combined there's literally an "and" in the name

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

clean and press is not one lift it's two lifts combined there's literally an "and" in the name

Yeah exactly

Clean is pretty good, press is pretty good

Second highest was Deadlift which eh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I finally Squatted 405 today.

Feels good.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

doverhog posted:

The results may not apply to a "steam room" or whatever. I'm Finnish, and saunas here are typically around 80 Celcius, and then you throw water on the hot stones for löyly. It puts a lot of stress on your cardiovascular system.

I try to go 2 times a week, it's tough though since I don't have one in my apartment and work evening shift.

It's supposed to be good for your heart, because it expands blood vessels which brings your blood pressure and heart rate down. Then there's the heat shock proteins which are supposed to have a variety of benefits etc.
I remember seeing a video where Klokov said he spends like hour or two sitting in the sauna and that's his recovery routine.

I only use it on rest days though. But mostly because the timer on mine sucks and I can't be exactly sure when I get home from the gym.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

There are no saunas to be found near me or i'd go there at least once a week

Go into the sauna for 15-20 minutes and sweat your filth out and then hop into a cold shower. You'll feel loving amazing afterwards

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Linford Christie said if he could only do one lift it would be power cleans and he was pretty fast and ripped.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
1 lift bench press no further questions

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I have a sauna in my building but i have never heard of anyone use a sauna for any reason other than to have sex with old men. But i guess the studies are showing that there are health benefits to having sex with the old men.

Conjugate remains very fun and im starting to look like i actually work out which is nice.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bomb posted:

There was a poll on t-nation today and c+p was ranked best lift if you could only do one lift.

I disagree, it’s farmer carry.

it's always pretty funny seeing how far in the realm of the hypothetical these questions reside

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You're stranded on a desert island with only a calf raise machine.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

fishing with the fam posted:

You're stranded on a desert island with only a calf raise machine.

Seated or standing? Very important

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Curls in front of the mirror. No contest.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I decided id go swimming then try out the sauna. There was only one other person there, an old guy. I hop in the pool, and swim one length. On my way back he slowly ambles into my lane with his swim trunks around his ankles. I immediately leave. This is what i get for eveb considering the sauna

david carmichael fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 16, 2019

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

david carmichael posted:

with his knees around his ankles

For some reason this broke my brain and I cannot imagine whatever it is you are talking about

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

For some reason this broke my brain and I cannot imagine whatever it is you are talking about

I meant swimtrunks

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He got knees down below his feet
Got to be good looking cause he been in the steam

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
The rest writes itself so I'm not even gonna do it.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

david carmichael posted:

I decided id go swimming then try out the sauna. There was only one other person there, an old guy. I hop in the pool, and swim one length. On my way back he slowly ambles into my lane with his swim trunks around his ankles. I immediately leave. This is what i get for eveb considering the sauna

I swim a few miles a week and the loving elderly are the bane of my pool time. I call them "The Floating Dead."

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Data Graham posted:

He got knees down below his feet
Got to be good looking cause he been in the steam

Chief McHeath posted:

The rest writes itself so I'm not even gonna do it.

Lmao

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

david carmichael posted:

One of my coworkers goes at 5:30am and she always has some old person split lanes with her doing back strokes even with other lanes open.

She also has some creeper that stares at her from the hot tub, no thanks

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The (a) girl I creep on's deadlift form has gone to poo poo recently. Trying too hard to get to 100kg imo. Leading with her lower back, it's rough.

But I have been nodding approvingly (via two angled mirrors) at her switching to more heavy singles rather than the high volume she used to do.

I used the sauna as I usually do, and had sex with no men.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I lifted today and enjoyed myself I wish there was more mirror space for my kettlebell stuff.

Our sauna has eucalyptus oil which is p nice

My wife went out to lunch with a new coworker and she knew who I am because of my kettlebell stuff. I’ve never met her, so that’s pretty cool 😎

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Do you have a tattoo of a kettle bell yet?

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Old men in the sauna has always been pretty innocuous, in my experience. I suppose sometimes they aren't in there, but then you are the old man in the sauna...

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My gym's sauna is in the locker room on the far side of the cardio room, like 200 feet from the entrance to the lifting room (which has its own small locker room). Too far imo

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ovenboy posted:

Old men in the sauna has always been pretty innocuous, in my experience. I suppose sometimes they aren't in there, but then you are the old man in the sauna...

The problematic old men are the ones who strip down to nothing, then decide that's the best time to come over and have a conversation

Some dudes just really relish the chance to hangout with the fellas while nude

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

they changed the recipe for the clif builder protein bars and they taste awful now wtf?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Doing some light drop snatches and brought the bar down in a front rack for some reason. My shoulder really did not like that lol.