Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: ordered in July, this arrived today

Is Star Citizen not poo poo yet?

Now you can experience 24 threads of Star Citizen jank, commando o9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

No Ryzen 3900, I have the bluest of balls cos I still have to wait for my GPU to arrive before I can do the build :negative:

:same:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

PC shop: We can get other GPUs and send that now
Me: Is it black and white?
PC shop: Well, no but
Me: I'll wait then
PC Shop: :v:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 16, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

No Ryzen 3900, I have the bluest of balls cos I still have to wait for my GPU to arrive before I can do the build :negative:

Ah, so this is what they are placing in your fractured skull.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah, so this is what they are placing in your fractured skull.

I wish, it's on the NHS so it's gonna be a Celeron

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I don't know guys, i think we activated this deep cover goon too early.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I wish, it's on the NHS so it's gonna be a Celeron

Can we overclock you son?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dimvg8/everyone_praises_37_but_i_dont_see_it/

lol

reading /r/starcitizen comments is like watching a war between traitorous non-believers and Citizens(tm)

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

PC shop: We can get other GPUs and send that now
Me: Is it black and white?
PC shop: Well, no but
Me: I'll wait then
PC Shop: :v:

In my case it was:

PC shop: We can only send GPU to you over regular mail from a neighboring country
Me: Okay, 2 weeks time but...not too bad
Post office: receives package, does NOT send it to the local depot until the very last day and then gives me 4 hours time on one specific day to pick it up
Me: Isn't home on that day, package gets sent back, arrives at shop after just 1 week
PC shop: Wanna try this again, free of charge?
Me: *sigh* Hit me again

Gonna be on the post office's rear end every goddamn day this time tho, if I don't see that notification in the box in one week's time.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Nice. I picked up a 2700x mere weeks before they got their prices slashed because of the new chips lol. Which GPU are you getting?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Inacio posted:

reading /r/starcitizen comments is like watching a war between traitorous non-believers and Citizens(tm)

It's really amazing how many of them continue to insist that the bugs never happen to them. Like, there is nothing you could say to me that would more instantly signify that you either don't actually play the game or you're willing to straight-up bullshit about it to justify yourself. It's just so blatantly a lie.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

It's really amazing how many of them continue to insist that the bugs never happen to them. Like, there is nothing you could say to me that would more instantly signify that you either don't actually play the game or you're willing to straight-up bullshit about it to justify yourself. It's just so blatantly a lie.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
star citizen is a real good game

chris roberts is a cool dude

sandi is a great actress

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Nice. I picked up a 2700x mere weeks before they got their prices slashed because of the new chips lol. Which GPU are you getting?

Reminds me that I need to choose a new GPU to replace an aging 980 strix in my old rig. I should probably upgrade the old 6600k too, but it seems to still do the job.

Any GPU suggestions anyone?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Bumble He posted:

sandi is a great actress

Hi Derek :smuggo:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Reminds me that I need to choose a new GPU to replace an aging 980 strix in my old rig. I should probably upgrade the old 6600k too, but it seems to still do the job.

Any GPU suggestions anyone?

Do you plan to play SC at 4K?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bumble He posted:

sandi is a great actress

Oh it's that new game people are playing, two lies and a lie

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do you plan to play SC at 4K?

Had to quickly decide if you were talking 4k Resolution or $4k ship package. :D

No to either though haha, somewhat ironically playing SC in 2015 almost completely put me off pc games, to the point were I gave the gaming pc to the wife and now just have a very out of date but reliable workhorse pc. :)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1184088126672777217

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'm surprised he's even wondering if he should buy it, we all know he's going to. :shrug:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

LOL I'm being bled dry 😂😂😂 GG CIG!

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Giogivemoney

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hang on a minute, he 'completed' a game mode (pirate swam?) to get it as a reward, but rather than it actually being a reward ship it just gives you the option to *BUY* it? :thunk:

Am I seeing that correctly? :stonklol:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

giogetmilkedformoney seems to actively hate the game and CIG and yet still sends them lots of cash.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

Hang on a minute, he 'completed' a game mode (pirate swam?) to get it as a reward, but rather than it actually being a reward ship it just gives you the option to *BUY* it? :thunk:

Yeah is that what he’s saying???

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

"It's not even a game yet"

Well CobraTV said it's a game and should be reviewed. I'm confused. Side note: I think the CobraTV turned shill deleted that comment chain or muted it.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Sabreseven posted:

lol, It used to be the Glaive. You were a "chosen one" to be given the option to buy a $350 USD ship. Not joking. I was an idiot that bought it after complaining on spectrum that my only reward was being allowed to buy it.

Part of the account I refunded thankfully.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sabreseven posted:

Yeah they've done that multiple times. Completing Arena Commander is actually really hard because of all the glitches and poo poo that can go wrong, but for a long time if you did you unlocked the ability to buy a worthless alien fighter for like 300 bucks. Exclusive!

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Sarsapariller posted:

Yeah they've done that multiple times. Completing Arena Commander is actually really hard because of all the glitches and poo poo that can go wrong, but for a long time if you did you unlocked the ability to buy a worthless alien fighter for like 300 bucks. Exclusive!

You can't make this poo poo up. Thanks CI, you guys are the best.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

Can you imagine how proud and accomplished they must feel?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

And by his own admission it was "lame"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Yeah they've done this for a couple of limited ships. It's literally just a skin - you know, the kind they said you'd be able to apply to ships any time using their fancy new skin system - and people still shell out for it.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah they've done this for a couple of limited ships. It's literally just a skin - you know, the kind they said you'd be able to apply to ships any time using their fancy new skin system - and people still shell out for it.

that's still not in, i'm guessing?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
after the pledge
another pledge
waiting for the jesus patch
guys this is the final stretch
pledge once more
another pledge
goons are loons
and really wack
they're devils, hellish human dreg
soon crytec will be cryrekt
pledge some more
just pledge and pledge

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 16, 2019

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

He even already has the actual ship, so this is literally just as you say, a seperate "skin" for that expensive ship.

$90 for a ship skin? After going through a lovely gamemode 'challenge' to win the right to buy it?

If I was CR I wouldn't be able to ever go on camera straight faced to communicate with backers without instantly pissing myself laughing at how utterly unfailingly gullable they are. :D

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Bumble He posted:

sandi is a great actress

Disco Lando is very entertaining

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

He even already has the actual ship, so this is literally just as you say, a seperate "skin" for that expensive ship.

$90 for a ship skin? After going through a lovely gamemode 'challenge' to win the right to buy it?

If I was CR I wouldn't be able to ever go on camera straight faced to communicate with backers without instantly pissing myself laughing at how utterly unfailingly gullable they are. :D

I should have clarified. It is a whole ship that you get, but the only difference between it and the one in the store right now is the skin. Right now in Star Citizen skins don't work like they do in other games and probably shouldn't be called a "skin" at all. If you buy the red Gladius, you get a Gladius identical to the one you already have, but red.

It's a 'skin' in the sense that there is nothing unique about the ship except it's red, is what I meant.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Isn't Gio one of the true believers? Or am I thinking is someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CI not G reinventing how skins work.

Genius!

:homebrew: