Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

If we're stretching definitions, wasn't Ashe played as a support for a little bit in double ADC kill lanes? I remember support kill lane Urgot waaaay back in the day too. But I guess Senna is designed from the ground up for it.

She pops up in solo queue occasionally. She's a bit more workable nowadays with new ER, but she still gets clobbered by engage supports and is almost entirely dependent on landing good ECAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

they showed like three seconds of video about it, that's all I can find so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7BLtQHYY7g&t=156s

Ok I didn't have time to watch the stream yesterday, just saw it today and ya the blitzcrank thingy for some reason initial I thought it was mobile league not sure why but then in the stream they showed it twice. Looks cool.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I've played this game since beta and I still have no idea how you show the spell indicator when you're using smart cast. This never really bothered me until i tried gragas for a few games and missed about 90% of my ults

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Also I never bound attack move, what about it

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A friend of mine I've played with since season 1 never unlocked his camera

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Your Shop is live. Mine featured one legendary... for which I have a skin shard sitting in my inventory. Think I'll pass on these savings.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Chris de Sperg posted:

why do they need an adc support when glacial augment caitlyn already exists

That’s gross and you’re gross

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Is there a thread for Runeterra yet?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I need to send Riot an email demanding they stop putting Blood Moon Sivir in my shops.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I haven’t touched League of Legends in ages and never levelled up past 30 but I’ve kept up with LEC as well as twitch streams ala Scarra and Shiptur. The anniversary stream was amazing and had so much cool stuff I am considering getting back into the game. However, I’m terrified of the prospect of levelling to 30 due to all the nightmare stories I’ve heard.

What role/champions are good to get back in the game? Also I want the card game so badly it looks so cool. God I just want all the things.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

jimmydalad posted:

So I haven’t touched League of Legends in ages and never levelled up past 30 but I’ve kept up with LEC as well as twitch streams ala Scarra and Shiptur. The anniversary stream was amazing and had so much cool stuff I am considering getting back into the game. However, I’m terrified of the prospect of levelling to 30 due to all the nightmare stories I’ve heard.

What role/champions are good to get back in the game? Also I want the card game so badly it looks so cool. God I just want all the things.

If you just want to get up to L30 and don't know what champions you like, just play ARAM and try out a bunch of champs in a zero pressure enviroment. Then try that champ on the rift in their usual role to see what you like.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You can also just buy a level 30 account on eBay for like $7

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I guess I get anxious about things like item build paths and whatnot alongside what sort of role I prefer playing when on the rift.

ARAM sounds like a good shout though. Hopefully it won’t take too long for me to level up to 30 and then maybe try ranked?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
With item paths, head to whatever site takes your fancy (I like lolalytics) and just go with that. Dont sweat it too much, you can mess around with different builds once you get more confident

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m not sure if this is the correct play to talk about Legends or Runeterra, but I love all the little details in the game that I’ve seen from streams. Like how the Lonely Poro changes into a Jubilant Poro when you summon a new Poro onto the field. The little dude looks so happy :allears:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Bottom Liner posted:

Is there a thread for Runeterra yet?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867457

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Reality Sinner posted:

How are you guys playing the card game already?

afaik Every riot employee has access, they were each allowed to give access to up to three friends/family members, and I'm sure they handpicked a bunch of streamers/influencers too.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

jimmydalad posted:

Honestly quit worrying, starting fresh and new is the best time to gently caress up and make your mistakes. Biggest problem I see when people are learning is that everyone teaches them to play safe and not feed. Nothing wrong with that but you gotta know how to take risks and make plays. gently caress around , feed abit and learn what works or doesn't work. See how far you can arrogantly push your leads and learn from that.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Also I’m on EUW so I’m ready for there to be galactic levels of flaming and that worries me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

ungulateman posted:

against real players? not really. winning as garen into a traditional conqueror top laner prior to this patch making him outright broken was impossible without being much, much better than them, because garen's kit is complete dogshit against conqueror and he couldn't make use of it himself (until they did).

like if you're below...i dunno, maybe as high as diamond? you can win with almost literally anything, by being better than your opponents, but that's not really what people mean when they say 'viable'.

pog said the most pertinent thing in my argument but i’d like to add that a: garen was completely capable of styling on plenty of conqueror tops at any level (riven jax renekton immediately come to mind) and actually struggled against the guys that went phase rush (vlad, darius sometimes) and grasp (fiora, gangplank) because until this patch his usual ideal trade pattern was 1-5 seconds long and ended without him applying autoattacks which meant he didn’t always get his second proc

secondly, people can and do onetrick badchamp psycho themselves to challenger. it’s not meaningful when talking about the strength of the champion obviously but i wanted to be pedantic

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Got em

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Can't wait to use LoL Esports Manager to just make Curse's season 3 roster

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I laughed too, but in GiP Marines took over an abandoned Army thread and it would be hilarious to do the same thing here.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/10/champion-roadmap-october-2019/

Riot teasing the next few champs and reworks. I have loved all the reworks since last year. Riot has definitely improved on them since the mages/adc reworks. Senna's gameplay will be revealed on the 27th of October during worlds.

I got the new Riven skin in my shop and two kda skins. That's pretty cool but I don't really play any of these champs.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 16, 2019

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

el dingo posted:

I've played this game since beta and I still have no idea how you show the spell indicator when you're using smart cast. This never really bothered me until i tried gragas for a few games and missed about 90% of my ults

Check smart cast with indicators in the options.

You can also just bind attack move to m1 now; it messes up pinging the money you need to buy an item not otherwise it's a much nicer way to kite and with stuff like walking towards a bush with rengar in it as tf or w/e it's kind of uniquely useful vs normal move imo.

I think my next 'improve how I use hotkeys' is to bind 'target champions only' to a mouse button, poo poo seems really useful.

I'm also incredibly on board for an adc support, give us everything imo.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Reality Sinner posted:

How are you guys playing the card game already?
Got in with a friend code from buddy at Riot. Fun fact the game's code name in development was "Bacon"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Syrinxx posted:

Got in with a friend code from buddy at Riot. Fun fact the game's code name in development was "Bacon"

lol epic XD

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

jimmydalad posted:

I guess I get anxious about things like item build paths and whatnot alongside what sort of role I prefer playing when on the rift.

ARAM sounds like a good shout though. Hopefully it won’t take too long for me to level up to 30 and then maybe try ranked?

Just a week ago they added starter packs for each role. They give you 3 champions, 3 skins (one for each champ) and a 14-day XP boost. It’s 650 RP for one pack, which is way less than the XP boost by itself. They aren’t really newbie bundles, they seem to be designed for people with a smurf account.

Edit: Here is a screencap someone else took of them - https://m.imgur.com/a/1Ibwebp

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 16, 2019

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Drakes posted:

Honestly quit worrying, starting fresh and new is the best time to gently caress up and make your mistakes. Biggest problem I see when people are learning is that everyone teaches them to play safe and not feed. Nothing wrong with that but you gotta know how to take risks and make plays. gently caress around , feed abit and learn what works or doesn't work. See how far you can arrogantly push your leads and learn from that.

This.
I'm still awful but I'd be way worse if I wasn't as aggressive. It's in my blood. I get way too thirsty.

Also I don't know if he's any good nowadays but Singed was the MAN for being a shitlord and pushing the envelope on getting away with whatever you damned well please.

Run in and toss someone. Run off and gas some people dumb enough to chase you. Wait in a bush and flip your chaser over a wall. Invade a lane above towers and genocide the creep waves. When they come after you mash laugh emote and just jog on outta there.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 16, 2019

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
To that end, the first thing I do when I learn a new character in league or any game is spend my first few games playing incredibly aggro (in unranked of course) and basically feed and I steadily work backwards from there. Understanding your boundaries is one of the best ways to improve almost universally

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

^^^
This is how I discovered my favourite champion is probably 'Support' Vel'Koz.

Support through assisted homicide.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So I'm having fun with Kayle. But I imagine she's pretty much permabanned, huh?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

jimmydalad posted:

So I'm having fun with Kayle. But I imagine she's pretty much permabanned, huh?

Not THAT much but probably more than average. People would rather ban Yasuo, Zed, Pantheon, Garen, Blitz, Pyke and Vlad usually. She’s banned in around 15% of games which isn’t that bad and if you declare your pick for her it’s probably less often since your own team won’t ban her.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I sat down to play my first game in god knows how long last night with a couple friends and in pick/ban the enemy banned Nocturne and Hecarim, my two favorite characters in the game. I checked their w/r and they are both over 50 but aren't at the absolute top, I choose to believe I got target banned in a normal game. That's my ban story thank you for reading.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

jimmydalad posted:

ive been playing on and off since season 4 and i dont know a single thing about item build paths. i havent used my brain in this game in over five years and im totally fine. dont worry about it and download the blitz app, or find a support who can drive you around like a little car

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

ive been playing on and off since season 4 and i dont know a single thing about item build paths. i havent used my brain in this game in over five years and im totally fine. dont worry about it and download the blitz app, or find a support who can drive you around like a little car

What's the Blitz app? I've never heard of that before :x

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

njsykora posted:

If you just want to get up to L30 and don't know what champions you like, just play ARAM and try out a bunch of champs in a zero pressure enviroment. Then try that champ on the rift in their usual role to see what you like.

this is good advice

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's that time of year again!! Post your My Shoppes!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeezCdF4mk

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think mine is pretty tragic, all things considered. I decided to get Nurse Akali cause I didn't have akali so I might as well.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

I sat down to play my first game in god knows how long last night with a couple friends and in pick/ban the enemy banned Nocturne and Hecarim, my two favorite characters in the game. I checked their w/r and they are both over 50 but aren't at the absolute top, I choose to believe I got target banned in a normal game. That's my ban story thank you for reading.

they knew you were playing and did what they had to do. you got to respect that