Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Stereotype posted:

No, like he isn't physically capable of standing up and answering questions for that long in a debate format. He can only do it at his rallies where he can soak in the wild adoration of his brainwashed sycophant supporters, and even then it just devolves into stream of consciousness rants about gibberish.

His only real press briefings are in front of that stupid helicopter because he is probably ALWAYS yelling and can't stop because he has dementia.

He would look like a complete fool and he knows it.

No, he honest-to-God doesn't know it. He believes that every audience he speaks in front of loves him and there is no way in hell he misses a chance to be on TV. Trump will do the debates because his planet-sized ego will not allow him to do anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

He just....handed it out

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
That letter to Erdogan is fantastic. Like, it's monumentally stupid, naive and embarrassing, but it's exactly the kind of thing we deserve for allowing this baboon in office in the first place.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zwabu posted:

Why is Turkey part of NATO?

Turkey used to be a very close ally of the US. Turkey also used to be only sort of a democracy: the people could vote, as long as they didn't vote for an islamic party. If they did, then the army would launch a coup. This was just an accepted part of the Turkish state.

When Turkey tried to join the EU, they rather reasonably insisted that stop. As a result, Erdogan was able to get elected, but he's part of that islamic strain of Turkish politics that was repressed for ages so he's paranoid as poo poo...and then he nearly got toppled in a coup. He then decided to launch a new repression against the Kurds (who had made peace with the Turkish state a while back) to shore up his flagging poll numbers when he nearly lost re-election.

Between his paranoia (some justified), the fact that the US won't extradite the person he blames as the moral leader for the coup (there is no evidence he was actually involved, and if extradited he'd be executed in a show trial) and the US working with Kurds in Syria while he cozied up to ISIS, relations have gotten...strained.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I almost believe that the plan is to give Trump a heart attack. Gets him out of office, doesn't martyr him, GOP doesn't suffer any of the consequences (for better or for worse) of having to vote on impeachment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this guy whips rear end

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

evilweasel posted:

oh my god the white house did leak the letter and they did think it would help

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1184588716075077632

Mulvaney is a goddamn moron and probably at the heart at a lot of these horrible PR mistakes.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

cr0y posted:

He just....handed it out

Impeachable crimes all the way down.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I wonder if a staffer ran in screaming RECALL RECALL while trying to grab at them

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I poo poo MYSELF ON PURPOSE!

LOOK AT MY GLORIOUS POOPIE

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

skylined! posted:

Mulvaney is a goddamn moron and probably at the heart at a lot of these horrible PR mistakes.

I dunno. This reeks of the sterling political instincts of Jared Q. Kushner, Esq.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
I don't get why people keep saying things like he is demented, we should all pray for his health, he won't be able to hold his own at the debates. Stop with that poo poo already. Do you not realize this man has never worked a day in his entire life? Never lifted a finger to do anything remotely called work. Do you realize that if you have no stress, have access to high quality health care, and don't have to suffer daily commutes and financial pressures, 80 hour weeks for measly pay, you can live long and maintain functional mental capacities. He loves this poo poo. He wants the debates, he lives for being on TV.

And that coward Pelosi. Instead of stating that we should pray for the president, I pray that one day she has the decency to come out of that god drat white house and say that we should all pray for the children and trapped civilians dying by the thousands. No, she comes out and thinks patronizing a charlatan will somehow politically benefit her. loving coward.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

He would look like a complete fool and he knows it.

He is a narcissist. He is fundamentally incapable of believing that.

Besides, if the dem nominee wants debates they could just call him a coward and wait by the phone. They'd be scheduled by the end of the day.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Wow. :golfclap: for the manhunter reference.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Didn't he skip one or two Republican primary debates because he didn't like Megyn Kelly or something?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

An hour ago, some of thought it was too dumb to be real

Now we find out he handed it out to Democrats becuase he thought it made him look tough and decisive

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Didn't he skip one or two Republican primary debates because he didn't like Megyn Kelly or something?

She was bleeding from her wherever.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lemming posted:

God, he's so loving stupid

You know, maybe Trump should stop releasing things to the public because it always backfires on him.

Here's my general rule of thumb: If the question is "Is Trump REALLY this stupid?" the answer is always "yes."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Except he was already winning the race at the time and his fellow Republicans were still playing by pre-escalator Marquis of Queensberry rules.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

bornbytheriver posted:

I don't get why people keep saying things like he is demented, we should all pray for his health, he won't be able to hold his own at the debates. Stop with that poo poo already. Do you not realize this man has never worked a day in his entire life? Never lifted a finger to do anything remotely called work. Do you realize that if you have no stress, have access to high quality health care, and don't have to suffer daily commutes and financial pressures, 80 hour weeks for measly pay, you can live long and maintain functional mental capacities. He loves this poo poo. He wants the debates, he lives for being on TV.

And that coward Pelosi. Instead of stating that we should pray for the president, I pray that one day she has the decency to come out of that god drat white house and say that we should all pray for the children and trapped civilians dying by the thousands. No, she comes out and thinks patronizing a charlatan will somehow politically benefit her. loving coward.

This reads like you are (1) suggesting that Trump is stress free and/or maintaining his mental faculties and (2) suggesting that Pelosi or anyone else at issue was actually suggesting anyone pray for Trump's health. Do I have that right?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Zwabu posted:

Yeah, I feel him skipping them is by far the most likely outcome and the Dem nominee better loving roast him for it.

He's just not mentally together enough to be coherent at all. WAY worse then during the previous election.

If he skips out is the Dem nominee allowed to still show up at the allotted time and spend an uncontested hour answering questions? Seems like a great way to get your talking points across without a madman sniffing and humping chairs in the background.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184594674541121537
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184595335794036737

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

bornbytheriver posted:

You don't think there's even the slightest chance she was being sarcastic in an attempt to get under his skin?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gnumonic posted:

You don't think there's even the slightest chance she was being sarcastic in an attempt to get under his skin?

Not really

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Would Trump be acting any differently if he wasn't being fed fake polls by Brad Parscale.

Probably not.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

hahaha

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

lol this is some serious angsts tween bullshit.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Gnumonic posted:

On one hand she really is a Catholic grandmother and on the other hand she knows what sort of things drive Trump up the loving wall.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

circle yes or no

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I think the House vote today really frosted him. We still haven't seen his true wrath, against the hundred plus GOP Congressmen that voted against him.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

eviltastic posted:

This reads like you are (1) suggesting that Trump is stress free and/or maintaining his mental faculties and (2) suggesting that Pelosi or anyone else at issue was actually suggesting anyone pray for Trump's health. Do I have that right?

1) yes, zero stress & he's not unwell

2)

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Paper copy lmao

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1184590972509917186?s=21

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gnumonic posted:

No, she wasn't clapping

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184597281808498688

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ah yes the days of Caesar and his BFF George Washington. I remember the unit on that one in Classics.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How was the loving letter real?!

gregday
May 23, 2003

edit: wrong thread

gregday fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

NO MELTDOWN NO MELTDOWN YOU'RE THE MELTDOWN