Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Which cartoon animal represents Deku?

his costume and shoot style say "rabbit" but horikoshi also drew him as a sheep a couple of times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

When do we get our "Into The Deku-verse" movie!?

60 years and approximately 6 movies from now

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

“For 10 years now, I have been the one and only user of One for All...”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vinylshadow posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

“For 10 years now, I have been the one and only user of One for All...”

An Older, jaded All Might
One where Uraraka got the power
One where he's the pilot of the A.L.L.M.I.G.H.T. mecha

And I dunno, 80s shoujo All Might

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vinylshadow posted:

A honey badger.

e: gently caress. Thought it was about Bakugo. Umm... a Mongoose?

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 16, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

One where Uraraka got the power

*spits my drink all over my monitor* WANT

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

his costume and shoot style say "rabbit" but horikoshi also drew him as a sheep a couple of times

Sheep Deku has seen some poo poo:

Also don't like the way Todocat is eyeing Froppy there.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm waiting for the dub version to air on Toonami, but I heard from someone that the recap episode annoyed them because it ignored Ashido. Is what they said true?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm waiting for the dub version to air on Toonami, but I heard from someone that the recap episode annoyed them because it ignored Ashido. Is what they said true?

I guess that is true. When the reporter was narrowing down suspects he didn't mention her but from what I remember he didn't really mention anyone outside of Bakugou, Midoriya and Todoroki as by that point he had already figured it out.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mraagvpeine posted:

She doesn't play a prominent role in it, but she does appear.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

+1

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's a little harder to figure out how All Might would pick her as a successor than some, but yeah. It'd be rad.

Zero gravity plus Gunhead Martial Arts plus ONE FOR ALL equals a lot of hurt. I'd think her style would have more in common with All Might than with Deku, since she's got more of the natural fighter's instinct and less of the nerdy analysis approach. Uraraka's not dumb, but she's not a thinker, either. She doesn't break people down. She just breaks them.

(It'd probably work best if she got the power from Deku, I think. He's got the motive, and it'd make her reactions to a Deku who kept at things long enough to develop his own style more interesting.)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That brings up a question actually, would it even be possible to pass One For All onto someone who already has a Quirk?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Larryb posted:

That brings up a question actually, would it even be possible to pass One For All onto someone who already has a Quirk?

Yep! Otherwise most of the past users wouldn't have gotten it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Yep! Otherwise most of the past users wouldn't have gotten it.

Ah, couldn’t remember if any of the past users already had Quirks of their own before receiving the power.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
That does confuse me, because All Might said that One For All was created when the quirk-to-give-others-your-quirk and the energy-storage quirk mixed. Did One for All get the other quirks from the other people too?
Edit: but yeah, All Might's mentor did think it was weird to give it to him because he was quirkless, but liked his idea of a Symbol of Peace.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Larryb posted:

Ah, couldn’t remember if any of the past users already had Quirks of their own before receiving the power.

We don't know what Nana's power is, but it's been mentioned she had one, and the first holder had a quirk of his own, which is how One for All formed.

We don't know much about the other holders yet in the anime, but two is enough to say it's possible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hunt11 posted:

I guess that is true. When the reporter was narrowing down suspects he didn't mention her but from what I remember he didn't really mention anyone outside of Bakugou, Midoriya and Todoroki as by that point he had already figured it out.

He only talked about the Top 4.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm happy All Might can enjoy meat buns even though his stomach is gone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm happy All Might can enjoy meat buns even though his stomach is gone.

I think that was an oversight. The manga never shows him eating and stuff like that.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
He mentions directly not being able to drink alcohol but like literally the first time we see him he's leaving a convenience store with a bag of convenience store food, I'm pretty sure he eats.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I also think he mentions having lunch with Deku more than once. Which I guess doesn't mean he ate, I just assume.

I also know it's a trope that strong anime characters eat a whole lot but I couldn't imagine what his meals looked like being 7+ feet and 500 pounds.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 17, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We literally saw him having lunch with Deku in like season 2.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

All might should have a colostomy bag for realisms sake

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Stairmaster posted:

All might should have a colostomy bag for realisms sake

They live in an advanced future with people who can kiss away broken limbs. I'm sure the Symbol of Peace can get superior medical care.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Actually, All Might completely lacking a stomach means he should be near constantly eating small amounts of calorie rich foods to maintain health and body weight. He shouldn't be having singular large meals, but snacking throughout the day because he no longer has a stomach to portion food into the intestines.

Basically he needs to eat/drink high calorie and nutrition meals with small portions 6-8 times a day.

Total Gastrectomy is a procedure performed today and it's fairly easy to live a healthy life whilst dealing with the side-effects. The more serious issue for All Might's Health is that he was never going to be able to maintain his musculature with his new dietary needs, and he's missing half his respitory system so any amount of physical exercise is going to be extremely stressful on his remaining lung.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who’s that?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

ijyt posted:

Who’s that?

Acid girl.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ashido = acid, you see

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Please refer to her by her hero name, Alien Queen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pinky. Let's not get sued here.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Electric Phantasm posted:

Please refer to her by her hero name, Alien Queen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The show mostly ignores her anyway, why should this episode be different?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The_Doctor posted:

The show mostly ignores her anyway, why should this episode be different?

It didn't, no more than the rest of the class.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The episode should replace Mineta's bit with more Ashido, in honor whoever said there's not enough Ashido.

Or just anything that isn't Mineta, really.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Apparently if Kaminari and Ojiro are in the same room, the tail fluff must be played with.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I like Ojiro, he’s a legitimately decent dude. His quirk is far less showy than anyone else’s, but he’s not beating himself up about it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Anime starting for real this episode and it's pretty drat great.
They toned it down a little bit, but man the slaughter during the initial meeting between the league and Overhaul was incredibly well done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Mulderman posted:

Anime starting for real this episode and it's pretty drat great.
They toned it down a little bit, but man the slaughter during the initial meeting between the league and Overhaul was incredibly well done

Yeah I was spoilered on one of the things that happened but still it was really loving good and I'm glad our boy Tomura gave as good as he got.