Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
He's richer than me, he's uglier than me (that's sayin something) and he dated Kate Beckingsdale so fair play.

edit: ugh Jesus Christ this snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ariza posted:

Edit - the new Lighthouse poster is amazing. I'm trying to buy a print of it now.

Edit edit - I'm bad at posting on here. The new poster is pretty great. No mermaids, no faces.

Same energy

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Same energy

Those posters made me a lot more excited about a period horror movie with period dialogue than I'd normally be. I like that Black Francis became a popular internet thing. I really love goats and hopefully that saved a few of them.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

Same energy

more like

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Every poster on this page thus far is deeply unsettling.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Another reason Pete Davidson may be a little hosed up is because he was seven when his father was killed on 9/11 as a NYC firefighter.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Ariza posted:

Those posters made me a lot more excited about a period horror movie with period dialogue than I'd normally be. I like that Black Francis became a popular internet thing. I really love goats and hopefully that saved a few of them.

Black Phillip. Black Francis is in the Pixies.

Goats rule.

Edit: Black Phillip was also in It Comes At Night. Glad he got more work after The Witch.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Same energy

Never seen the other two before, v cool

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Another reason Pete Davidson may be a little hosed up is because he was seven when his father was killed on 9/11 as a NYC firefighter.

There was a rumor going around on a couple of rap message boards that he sent Mac Miller pics of him smashing his ex which is what drove him to overdose.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ruddiger posted:

There was a rumor going around on a couple of rap message boards that he sent Mac Miller pics of him smashing his ex which is what drove him to overdose.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Detective Thompson posted:

Black Phillip. Black Francis is in the Pixies.

Goats rule.

Edit: Black Phillip was also in It Comes At Night. Glad he got more work after The Witch.

I swear to Christ I've been made aware of this gently caress-up multiple times. One day I might get it right. Frank Black has too many loving names swirling around in my old tired head.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yes for some reason given he didn’t do much to garner hate beyond get famous rapidly because he was dating someone extremely famous

I feel like the hate from guys went into overdrive when Ariana suggested he had a ridiculously massive hog.

Although I found it endearing when he was asked about it a few days later for a live show for a podcast or something and he said “well she’s very small so everything seems larger than it actually is to her”

I was like “well at least he’s funnier than Colin Jost”

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Where we're going *inhales* WE DON'T NEED EYES TO SEEEEE

JfishPirate
Jun 24, 2006
I have been grossly misinformed about witches.

You can't post these without posting the full size of the Udo Kier poster. It needs to be seen in its original size to be truly beheld.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

JfishPirate posted:

You can't post these without posting the full size of the Udo Kier poster. It needs to be seen in its original size to be truly beheld.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Man, deep sea movies scare the poo poo out of me and that makes me want to hope this one is good. I love Deed Star Six and Leviathan and that Real Adventures of Jonny Quest episode about a seaquake that releases sharkticons or whatever that murder a whole sea lab. The sea is terrifying. Too bad it seems like the creatures are just mermen.

They need to adapt 6000, a manga about people stuck in a deep sea research facility they were restoring after the people before them accidentally summoned an rear end in a top hat ghost/god thing by cannibalizing each other.

Here is a poster I've always loved, 1980's Alligator:

It's the best Jaws knock-off ever. Robert Forster couldn't care less about the movie, but in the most entertaining way possible.

This foreign poster for it is pretty good too:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Inzombiac posted:

He's got an autoimmune disease.

Does he? I thought he just had Borderline Personality Disorder.

Lorne Michaels is actually really good about handling cast members with mental illness and drug addictions.

What he's not so good about is women who accidentally swear on air, or get too fat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Nihonniboku posted:

Lorne Michaels is actually really good about handling cast members with mental illness and drug addictions.

This is a recent development.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nihonniboku posted:

Does he? I thought he just had Borderline Personality Disorder.

Crohn's too. Probably why he looks like a walking skeleton sometimes.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
Is he even "hated"? Where do you get this from? This is the first time I read about it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This thread has the dullest loving derails.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mister Chief posted:

This thread has the dullest loving derails.

i dunno, i kinda like "Celebrity O-faces"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When that Bombshell poster loaded the forums app loaded them cut off so it looked like a series of super artsy one-sheets.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Huh, they went with a generic The Rock Looking Badass look despite all the trailers showing that the gimmick this movie is that he's possessed by a demented confused old man and acting the opposite of badass.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MikeJF posted:

Huh, they went with a generic The Rock Looking Badass look despite all the trailers showing that the gimmick this movie is that he's possessed by a demented confused old man and acting the opposite of badass.

The Rock is also a very boring action star.
He's huge and charming so people look past a lot of stuff but he's one of those guys that refuses to lose a fight on camera or even take a lot of damage.

He wants to be a golden hero at all times and I could not find that any less interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Off the top of my head he loses fights to Jason Statham in Furious 7, Aaron Paul in Central Intelligence, and Kevin Hart in Jumanji.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
He also lost a fight to a bunch of monkeys in The Rundown.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Idris Elba kicks his rear end multiple times in Hobbs & Shaw.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the Rock always has to look good and never loses. Even when he was still wrestling, he had no problem coming off like a fool or getting his rear end kicked.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
He's missing a leg in Skyscraper.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

They're talking about this story.

There's a more detailed Wall Street Journal thing on it, but its behind a paywall. Essentially, stars like The Rock, Vin Deisel, and Jason Statham do actually think they'll look less manly if they lose a fight, thus losing fans.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I have not watched any of these Disney Animated Movie, but Live! things but uh, how do they deal with talking animals? This poster's got a dude in red leather who I assume is Sebastian, but also a 2D Flounder...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought the networks had stopped the LIVE! poo poo a few years ago when a bunch of them bombed in a row. I think it was the one-two punch of a lovely Rocky Horror and a bait-and-switch with Christmas Story.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

In it for Stamos.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

nerdman42 posted:

They're talking about this story.

There's a more detailed Wall Street Journal thing on it, but its behind a paywall. Essentially, stars like The Rock, Vin Deisel, and Jason Statham do actually think they'll look less manly if they lose a fight, thus losing fans.

Right, those have been going around, and it's believable that the stars are mindful of how they come across on camera, but some of the details, like this:

quote:

It’s such a subject of importance that it’s been revealed that when it came to Hobbs & Shaw stars Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham’s contracts, everything down to the amount of damage they could take on screen was negotiated into their overall deal. And, naturally, they were never allowed to lose a fight on camera.

are contradicted by the actual movie released in theaters in which both Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham lose fights on camera. It doesn't make sense to keep repeating the article's claims when they're blatantly untrue based just on the evidence of our own eyes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It was a silly claim at the time too, because--except for maybe 6--The Rock loses a fight in every Fast & Furious movie he's been in.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Sirotan posted:

I have not watched any of these Disney Animated Movie, but Live! things but uh, how do they deal with talking animals? This poster's got a dude in red leather who I assume is Sebastian, but also a 2D Flounder...

Why is a character that only appears in a single scene with zero plot relevance taking up as much space on the poster as two of the principle supporting characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nobody cares about Eric, but that chef?

:discourse: